October 12, 14 - Dallas/Houston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so i drove by Cowboys Stadium on sunday, what a site to behold, i even went inside since they were doing tours. The thing is...at least from my perspective....there's really not very many places to park. Although there is a baseball stadium adjacent to the football stadium and there may have been extra parking to the south of it all. On the other side is a Wal mart, which i dont know if you can park in there. Im tempted to book a room at that nice big Sheraton thats a mile away and just walk to the damn thing. You would think with a baseball stadium, football stadium, six flags over texas, and a couple of water parks there would be more hotels around the area. Maybe there are and i just missed them somehow?

We were gonna do that but that nice big Sheraton costs an arm and a leg!

Hi I am coming from Australia...first trip o the US and will be flying from Portland for Houston. Looking at flights, is Alaska Airlines ok? seems cheap and also looking for somewhere to stay...anyone wanna share a hotel room ... :wave:

We were gonna do that but that nice big Sheraton costs an arm and a leg!

like how much? i suppose i could look it up im just being lazy :D

Seriously though, im hearing something like $40 to park at the stadium for football game this weekend (OU and BYU) so now im wondering what thats going to be like for the concert? I mean really....we are paying to attend an event there why do we have to pay to park there as well? SO im thinking if i got to pay to park why not just pay a little extra for the hotel nearby and walk? Especially if the hotel has a bar....though it is a monday night so who knows how that will turn out.

Mrs. Garrison, I think it was about $200 for one night and $150 for another night but I could be wrong.

I'm just not going to tell my husband how expensive the parking is going to be. I'll just be sure to have plenty of cash on me that day/night! :shh:

Mrs. Garrison, I think it was about $200 for one night and $150 for another night but I could be wrong.

I'm just not going to tell my husband how expensive the parking is going to be. I'll just be sure to have plenty of cash on me that day/night! :shh:

thanks.

im hearing everything from $40 to $75 for parking, depending on how close one gets. That seems like a lot to me....also there is a nearby shopping center that will let you park for free if you purchase $40 worth of stuff there you will have to have a receipt in your car though so they wont ticket/tow it.

I'm starting to think it might be worth to buy a parking pass via ticketmaster for $30.

Seems Lot 12 still has spaces available.

ooh - good idea rose. I'll look into that tonight.

If we're getting there super early in the morning, I assume we'll park somewhere off site, get in line and then move the car to the onsite lot when it opens? yes?

My friend sent me this link, I think this is what we're going to do the day of the show. Between the both of us spending $40 at the shops won't be an issue. The thought of getting stuck in the parking lots of the stadium just isn't very appealing.

Lincoln Square-Maps

I wonder if the roof will be open for the Dallas show. With all the complaints about the acoustics, it would certainly help the sound to have the roof open and not have so much sound bouncing off the walls and roof as much.

Info on houston concert

Hi,

We are going to New York through Houston so we accomodated the dates in order to assist to this concert so we have some questions:

We are arriving at IAH at 11:25 oct-14 and we will be staying at the Marriott Hotel (with Marriott Points :hyper:)
We are leaving to NY at 8:00 am oct-15 so that was another advantage to stay at the Marriott.
  • We are planning to go to the stadium by taxi or do you recommend to take the buses that go downtown and from there to take the Metro?
  • What is the best way to return to the hotel? taxi from the stadium, take the metro downtown or walk 15 minutes to another marriott hotel that is near the hotel and from there call a taxi or a shuttle?
  • We noticed that houston is not sold out. Based in previous experiences, will it be a good atmosphere during the concert?
Thanks

Can you spend $40 at the TGIF? (burgers to go for the ppl in the GA line? :hmm: )

your mistaking generosity for indulgence:

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

However, you've got a good idea. Something tells me a local resturaunt would make a killing if they delivered food to the line, since some of us will be there all day. I may/may not arrive in line early. It sucks to stand there all day. Though i may do that for Norman.

So seems like nobody would care if you parked your car at a mall at 6am. So I think we'll plan to park there, get in line and then when the mall opens, I'll send hubby over to get his shop on and put the little receipt thingy in the window. Do you think anyone in line would mind that? I mean, the protocol is it's okay to leave for an hour or so to shower / eat / pee right?

Here's a fellow Texan for you. I live on campus in UTA, so I'm literally just a few minutes away from the stadium. Still havn't been inside the stadium yet but drove past it numerous times. There's a walmart right across the street from the stadium with McDonalds. probably a great place to grab a bite to eat while in line.

^good to know. I'm not actually from Texas - just wondering where all the blue crackers going to this show are. Are you going to any other shows, darth?

wish I had the money and the time to go to more shows. I'm already skipping a day of school for the Dallas show. I've become a fan right around the time the last time U2 were in town in 05 and so this is my first U2 show. What makes this show even more amazing is that Muse is opening the show. I couldn't believe my eyes when it was first officially announced. Probably the biggest act to open for any band. They did sell out Wembley twice last when they toured. I don't think US audience will ever get to see Muse in stadiums unless you see them with U2.

This will be a night of amazing music from start to end. Probably a once in a life time deal to get a pair of bands of this caliber in one night. I could have cared less even if BEP opened the show (I do feel bad for those who will have to cope with them). I think Muse is going to make a lot of new fans and expand their grounds in US. Watch for Matt Bellamy. He is an epic singer and a very talented guitarist.

30 more days to go to Dallas. U2 has landed in Chicago. See you people in line.

I'm trying to like Muse, the way I've tried to like Radiohead. It's not really happening though. Thanks for the sympathy on BEPs - I gotta suffer through them twice. But I guess it's worth it. Hopefully Muse's live show will make a new fan outta me.

looking forward to Muse. Honestly im not sure what the line protocol is but in the past it was always okay to hold place for someone and take turns going to eat, etc. Not sure what they will do this time around but i guess we will find out.

I´ll recomend you to go for all your meals, drinks, and pits stops as soon you catch your spot on field. When the house gets full you must figth to pass thru the crowd. Don´t eat or drink too much to avoid many trips. Use some chewing gum or candy to refresh your mouth and save your drinks as much as you can. Give a chance to Muse, personally I don´t like them too´much, but a friend tells me that they do a very good live show.

See you soon

I get to see Muse's first and last show. NJ and Houston. I am getting my plane tickets soon. I'll be staying with my Dad in Irving

SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom