October 12, 14 - Dallas/Houston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I found a parking candidate for Arlington. Lincoln Square mall. Half mile walk. Anyone from Arlington have more info like towing possibilities since we'd be parking in the early morning and leaving the car til about midnight. Any other suggestions? I have a feeling they'll be towing at Walmart.

Those of you staying in hotels may want to look into this trolley service arlington trolley dot you know what

There's the Wells Fargo building and there's public parking there. That's also a bit of walk, but I cant imagine any places close enough that won't tow. Then again, this isn't the Superbowl, so I'm starting to think that even the Walmart across the street won't tow.

Which reminds me, UTA is getting paid to provide parking for Superbowl next year and the NBA All Stars the year after. That's going to be quite a walk, and I can't even imagine what that would do to the school and the traffic. Thank God I wont be going to UTA next semester.

lincoln square is a good idea. you could always move thecar throughout the day to various spots to not make it look like you were parked there all day. i plan on getting there very early. will probably have to move the car about 5 times throughout the day.

lincoln square is a good idea. you could always move thecar throughout the day to various spots to not make it look like you were parked there all day. i plan on getting there very early. will probably have to move the car about 5 times throughout the day.

I don't think anyone's gonna walk 1 mile a few times during the day. That's valuable GA energy!

Just a heads up. If you're familiar with Holiday Inn Priority Club points, there's a point break hotel listed in Houston which would cost only 5K points. You may wanna hurry as they tend to change the hotels quickly.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed it's for nights through 8/31 only.

there is a day's inn right across from the stadium, but it's $169 a night that weekend (ow!). anyone want to go halfsies/thirdsies?

-dan

Be sureeee of that Zuropa, TY!. About hotels there´s one in the same block of the stadium but won´t be my choice because of the price, ´cause I need to pay me the Houston hotel too. Look for the Days Inn on the net. For a family or group think will be a good one.

SalU2=Saludos=Salutes

Cowboy Stadium

Has anyone seen the picture in the Dallas Observer for the Clint Black concert? That place looks massive. I've seen U2 in concert since 1985, both outdoor and indoors. The outdoor shows at Giant Stadium left a lot to be desired if you were way up in the rafters or lower bowl but at the other end. You could whisper and the other person could hear you perfectly well.

This is the first concert that I am taking my boys. They are little young but I want to show my sons what a real band can do. I havent bought my tix yet as I want to chose where we'll be sitting and at what cost. The 1st and second levels on the side are still way to expensive. Found some good deals but they are across from the stage and by looking at the pic in the Observer, I think the band will look like fleas, thus we'll be watching the big screens for the entire show. My other thought was to sit on the 3rd level on side (at least we'll be closer) or lower but slightly behind the stage.

Anybody have any thoughts about this?

the stadium screens won't be up for the u2 show, so you will need to take that into consideration.

behind the stage vs the other side of the stadium....very tough call.

the jonas brothers played the stadium last night, hopefully some pictures will pop up from that during the week.

-dan

the stadium screens won't be up for the u2 show, so you will need to take that into consideration.

behind the stage vs the other side of the stadium....very tough call.

the jonas brothers played the stadium last night, hopefully some pictures will pop up from that during the week.

-dan

They are taking them down for U2? Good grief! The pic in the Observer shows the 2 screens. One on the long end and one facing the rear of the stadium.

If there wont be screens, then this is a no brainer. Closer to stage but higher up or lower behind it shall be.

Thanks Dray

I checked the last tickets available and the principal issue is the visibility staying behind every "leg" of the claw. Those are, in every venue, the last tickets available. Or stay pending ´cause previous to every concert the venues release a few extra tickets from, cancellations, or even GA´s if the final arrangement of the stage and equipment allow that.

SalU2 = Saludos = Salutes

p.d. : DRay: How many days r u gonna stay at Arlington? I made reservations at other place but the group idea seems a good choice. I´m planning to get there on sunday.

Has anyone seen the picture in the Dallas Observer for the Clint Black concert? That place looks massive. I've seen U2 in concert since 1985, both outdoor and indoors. The outdoor shows at Giant Stadium left a lot to be desired if you were way up in the rafters or lower bowl but at the other end. You could whisper and the other person could hear you perfectly well.

This is the first concert that I am taking my boys. They are little young but I want to show my sons what a real band can do. I havent bought my tix yet as I want to chose where we'll be sitting and at what cost. The 1st and second levels on the side are still way to expensive. Found some good deals but they are across from the stage and by looking at the pic in the Observer, I think the band will look like fleas, thus we'll be watching the big screens for the entire show. My other thought was to sit on the 3rd level on side (at least we'll be closer) or lower but slightly behind the stage.

Anybody have any thoughts about this?

We are taking our 7 year old to the Houston show, so I bought tickets on the club level. I figured it is better for smaller ones because there are fewer seats on that level. Most stadiums don't let you on the level unless you have tickets, so the restrooms and food lines are less crowded.

just booked my flight...american airlines, non-stop from tucson. $218!

arriving on sunday

-dan

Anybody have any idea as to where to line up and such for the Dallas show for GA people? (Cowboys Stadium)

just booked my flight...american airlines, non-stop from tucson. $218!

arriving on sunday

-dan

I forgot you were doing this show too. Where are you staying? Like many of the other stadiums, there doesn't seem to be much that's close. The closest hotel/motels seem kinda sketchy. :yikes:

We're coming in Saturday, staying until Tuesday. Mr. Z wants to be in the front front front row, right in front of Edge so we'll get in line pretty damn early in the morning. Don't know if he'll actually camp out though.

Anyone else planning on camping out overnight in Dallas?

there's a day's inn right across the street from the stadium, but it's $170/night...ow! the two people i was trading e-mails with haven't given me a definite 'yes' or 'no' about staying there.

i messed around with priceline, but the nicer hotels are a little further out.

i think i'm just going to stay with one of the cowboy cheerleaders :hyper:
might not even make it to the show...ifyaknowwhatimean

-dan

There are hotels all over Dallas, Holiday Inn at Love field comes to mind, that are decent and priced as well. You might have to drive though, but i would rather drive a little and have peace of mind than stay in a total dump for $170 per night. And there are some really nice hotels downtown, but your are going to pay for that.

Anyone else planning on camping out overnight in Dallas?

A raised hand here for camping. Hope that can be possible outside the stadiums. I´ll wait till last minute for pack or not my tent. At Europe that´s a fact, but dunno what´s up with the cities at the US. Hope you Texas residents be kind on keep us posted about it. If there will be no problem staying on the street, or if mr. Jones let us pass the nigth at the parking lot.:hmm: (hoping he will not charge us for that hehehe )

I see at satellite maps of the Reliant at Houston a huge parking lot at the other side of Kirby drive. Is it open or fenced? That migth be a nice place for camping.

i think i'm just going to stay with one of the cowboy cheerleaders
might not even make it to the show...ifyaknowwhatimean

Sorry man, nice girls are up for you all year (s). U2-live is magic for a few nights in a lifetime.

SalU2-Saludos-Greetings

took a tour of the new Cowboy's stadium yesterday...

I was told U2 has to pay $200,000 for the video screen to be raised to accommodate the stage set-up. the video screen hangs 90 feet above the field and is VERY impressive!

Be prepared to pay WAY too much for parking. the cheaper the parking, the longer the walk. I would try to book a hotel that will offer a shuttle to and from the show to save on parking.

16oz Miller Lites are $8...might want to catch your buzz (if you so desire) before the show.

were you able to take any pictures? and what did you think overall of the stadium???

-dan

I took a few cheesy cell-pics. I don't know how to post them here. Shoot, there are probably better pics on the Cowboys' website I'm sure.

It's the grandest stadium I've ever been in. The seats are comfy and cup holders for everyone! The Video Board is just amazing. Cowboy fans that can afford it, will love it!

I just hope the acoustics are better than Texas Stadium for concerts for those going to the U2 show there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom