October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring It:ohmy:

For the two youngest Matthew Seth & Sarah Ba Ba Beth:cute: this will be their first ever U2 Concert:hug:

Matthew turns 15 on 10/1:up:

That is really cool! Soldier Field will be my brother-in-law's first show--I don't think he has any idea what he's in for (he's older), and he's definitely not prepared to see his wife (my sister) in "full U2 mode." Can't wait! I'm hoping that my son will be able to go to CHO with us--we have the ticket.

Charlottesville Accomodations

I posted the following message in the What do you want, what do you have forum and someone suggested I ask these questions over here:
Does anyone have any suggestions for Charlottesville accomodations? I am coming in by myself for just the night of the show (October 1st) and every hotel within 15 miles seems to be booked with the exception of one resort at $625. I'm doing an east coast swing Boston, DC, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida and this one night is proving to be difficult. By the way, I will need the following tickets but won't work on them until all travel plans are complete. I need 1 field in DC, 1 field in Virginia, 2 fields in North Carolina, and 2 field or premium reserves in Atlanta. Thanks for any suggestions.

I was lucky to find accomodations directly in Charlottesville at the English Inn of Charlottesville. It is 5 minutes from the stadium (no traffic) and the hotel got good reviews on Yahoo travel.

I was lucky to find accomodations directly in Charlottesville at the English Inn of Charlottesville. It is 5 minutes from the stadium (no traffic) and the hotel got good reviews on Yahoo travel.

FYI: I replied in your "Charlottesville accomodations" thread about the ticket I have available for Scott Stadium.

What's wrong with Fedex? Scott has a lot of bleachers versus all seats for Fedex. Fedex is much less walkable though - 20 minutes to a metro stop and nothing else nearby really.

While I'm sure a U2 show is amazing anywhere, I've just had bad experiences with FedEx - getting there, getting out, general state of the stadium... very excited to see Scott Stadium - I've heard good things! I'm in GA, so the seats v bleachers weren't really a question.

For anyone interested:|

I finally put the last piece of the puzzle to the something something:doh:

L:ohmy:L

Bought ONE Parking Pass today from TM

Red Parking Area on the TM Site Map

Right near Alderman

$18 bucks total:applaud:

Red Parking Area on the TM Site Map

Right near Alderman

$18 bucks total:applaud:

I thought they're selling red lot spaces for $29. How did you get $18?

btw - for people doing GA, my parking offer email says "The parking lots will open at 5:00pm on the day of the event and must be vacated immediately following the event."

I thought they're selling red lot spaces for $29. How did you get $18?

btw - for people doing GA, my parking offer email says "The parking lots will open at 5:00pm on the day of the event and must be vacated immediately following the event."

Not sure:huh:

Wait now:ohmy:

Are you saying if I have FIVE GA Tickets I will have to wait until 5p.m. b/c of the parking fiasco:doh:

You can probably get regular GA for a few dollars over face value on stubhub. Lawn GA is on a hill in the back and probably seated.

I checked out stubhub, I hope you are wrong for my sake, I already have a set of six Lawn GA that have a section # of GA5

I see that some of the ones being sold appear as Lawn GA2 and Lawn GA8, and others which are just sold as Lawn GA, I am totally confused and don't know if there will actually be sections, or rows, or seats...

As i am in need of 4 additional seats, and I doubt I'd be able to find additional GA5's, I am hoping that it will be just a regular stand where-ever you want LAWN kind of a set-up :huh:

Are you saying if I have FIVE GA Tickets I will have to wait until 5p.m. b/c of the parking fiasco:doh:

I'd get more info on it. The email also said "Visit John Paul Jones Arena, home of UVA Cavaliers Basketball >> Home Page after September 15th for complete parking directions and information." I can see the lots on campus being used until 5 by staff - not sure about the stadium lot. I just pasted what was in my email from TM.

As i am in need of 4 additional seats, and I doubt I'd be able to find additional GA5's, I am hoping that it will be just a regular stand where-ever you want LAWN kind of a set-up :huh:

It is a grass lawn back there, but it is sloped like at an amphitheater. So most people find it more comfortable to sit down.
This is what the lawn looks like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Virginia_Scott_Stadium_2006.jpg

I can see the lots on campus being used until 5 by staff - not sure about the stadium lot. I just pasted what was in my email from TM.

Rats I did not think about being restricted by parking at the Stadium & I have FIVE GA's:doh:

If I have to discard the $18 Parking Pass to get there earlier so be it:ohmy:

Has anyone received VIP tix for this show yet? Someone posted in the general tour thread that they received their VIP tix for toronto like 4 weeks ago. C'ville is like 3 weeks away and I haven't received them yet. I'm starting to get worried. They were sold by Music Today and not TM so there's no way to check status/if they were printed or whatever. I emailed Music Today with my order number and didnt get a response. Is anyone else having the same problem? :huh:

It doesn't mention lot opening times though.

I read an email this morning in u2tours yahoo group that said if you have a Stadium Parking Pass such as I the time allowed to park is 5p.m.:angry:

Five GA's:ohmy:

I may be eating the $18 bucks I paid for it & just give it away for free to someone w/ seats

It is West Stadium Parking Area by Alderman Road I will see though first if I can park somewhere else earlier & not be gouged:huh:

Hey guys! Student at the University of Virginia here! Just went to a football game on Saturday...the stadium is looking gorgeous. Everyone was watching the game while I was daydreaming about U2 playing that very stadium.

Note on parking: There WILL be students allowing you to park at their houses on Stadium Road...probably for a hefty fee. I lived close to Stadium Road last year, they made a lot of money for football games. That's always an option. My apartment is a 35 minute walk from the Stadium, so I plan on just walking it, obviously!

Question: I want to be in the first 100 people. Can anybody PLEASE help me out and tell me what time to get in line? I'm skipping classes for the day. I actually have to talk to one of my professors this week and ask if it is an "excused absence" because we only get one unexcused. But I will gladly use that on U2. But I really want to start thinking about what time to get in line...I'm bringing friends who aren't HUGE U2 fans...but hopefully they will trek it out with me...

Another question. One of my friends has an exam on October 1st. She's my best friend, I want her there with me at Front of Stage. Is holding a place in line for her at all possible? She's trying to get her exam moved...but if she can't...please help! Tell me what to do!

I'm so excited! 24 days!

Question: I want to be in the first 100 people. Can anybody PLEASE help me out and tell me what time to get in line?

It really depends on the city so it's hard to predict. My own theory is that if it's mostly a local crowd then people will go down later but if there's a large crowd from out of town then you need to get there earlier. Also, some places have a lot more passionate U2 fans than others. For example, the queues in Barcelona and Dublin were long because many people have travelled to be there. In Germany and Holland the queues were very long from quite early because U2 are sooo popular there, in Zagreb and Poland they were very short till quite late.

Will Charlottesville be a mostly local crowd? Are there many hardcore U2 fans in the area? My spidey senses think this won't be one of the largest queues but to be sure I think you should get there around 8am or so - but that is only a (uninformed) guess! Others may have a better idea.

Another question. One of my friends has an exam on October 1st. She's my best friend, I want her there with me at Front of Stage. Is holding a place in line for her at all possible?

There are others on here who are much better qualified than me to comment (Adrian? Nick?) but I'd suspect this would be quite bad form.

Is holding a place in line for her at all possible? She's trying to get her exam moved...but if she can't...please help! Tell me what to do!

I'm so excited! 24 days!

Definitely bad form to hold and take a place. I'd tell her to move to the back of the line in a very impolite way!!!!

Surrogate queueing isn't too much of an issue though as long as she can find someone to queue for her, and making it clear to those folks in line what is going on.

Note on parking: There WILL be students allowing you to park at their houses on Stadium Road...probably for a hefty fee. I lived close to Stadium Road last year, they made a lot of money for football games. That's always an option.

Any idea how much they charge? If it's more than $29, I might just buy the red lot pass or try a house a few blocks away.

For the GA crowd, my guess is it may be mostly students and fewer of the hardcore fans compared to large cities. So lining up later might be possible. I could be wrong though.

Note on parking: There WILL be students allowing you to park at their houses on Stadium Road...probably for a hefty fee.

JoshuaTree:wave: Thanks for the information do you know about how much someone might rake me over the coals for:ohmy:LOL just kidding

I have FIVE GA's for 10/1 (myself & four teenagers:reject:) if I took your advice & parked on Stadium Road I am assuming I would be close to the Stadium correct:|dumb question I know

& personally it would not bother me in the least about letting your friend come later but as you can see ArdBall is HARDCORE I mean look at his laundry list of shows he attended

Any idea how much they charge? If it's more than $29, I might just buy the red lot pass or try a house a few blocks away.

Ntalwar stand down LOL if I decide to go early & park somewhere else I will have a RED or WEST lot parking pass by Alderman Road you can have it no charge:wave:

I noticed that the tickets being sold on TM last week are actually better than the ones I got during Fan presale back in April. Bummer. Same sections and lower level seats.

I lucked out and got RZ so trying to sell the other ones - so far, no luck.

I heard that most of the cheaper seats are sold out but lots of the $250 seats are still available.

Just a comment.

For football games, student usually charge about 20 bucks to let people park. Not too bad, I'd say. It's a bit of a risk, but if you're really looking for options, there are tons of houses around and you know us college kids are always looking for some money! It's worth a shot.

This is such a tricky show! Charlottesville. Of all places! I wish I had an idea of how this line will be. I've been planning on getting in line around 4 or 5am...being one of the first is VERY important to me. I guess I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm going to go to the stadium and find out where the line is starting, too.

I'm also a bit nervous because there are student dorms directly across the street from the stadium. Will they actually enforce not lining up until 9am for the safety of the students?

I don't think the University understands that this campus is going to shut down on October 1st. I don't see how buses can run when people will be trying to park so early in the morning. It's going to be chaos, and professors are giving exams on this day!!

I really hope my friend can get out of her exam. I know it's not PC to hold places, but I've been explaining my love of U2 to her for our entire friendship at college, and I REALLY want her to experience the show WITH me. If she can't get out of the exam though, we will have no choice but to be separated.

If you guys have any more questions, please allow me to help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom