October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't booked a hotel yet either.

My wife:madwife: thinks I am a psychotic U2 L:love:ver

I just said to her "I know a girl off of Interference in N.J. named Laura who flew to Dublin Ireland & still has about five more concerts she is going to in the fall!"

I thought her eyes were gonna pop outta her skull:corn:

ROFL !

I don't know how many shows I'm doing next year. If they don't repeat the same cities next year, then who knows how many Northeast shows there will be for me to go to.

:wave:

I know it's three months away but does anyone know about parking at Scott Stadium:huh:

Will it be like Soldier's Field trying to charge & arm & a leg & one child to park there? Or $50 bucks:angry:

MaMa Mia I hope that is not true but anyway

I will be travelling there with four teenagers:doh:any ideas on nice/cheap hotels close by?

& no Bates Motels please:reject:

The Uva website has parking info. There are some paid lots which require a shuttle. Earlier in the thread, someone said that students next to the stadium allow lawn parking for $20. So I might try that. Expedia lists some hotels. I might stay at Hampton Inn. There are a few Holiday Inn/Comfort Inn type of hotels within 1-3 miles of the stadium (e.g. route 29).

Charlottesville has limited hotel rooms, and many hotels are fully booked for the show. I made my reservation a few months ago.

I thought about just driving there early Thursday morning (Seven hour drive from Dayton Ohio) & then coming home afterwards:huh: but approaching 40 in a few weeks that would be tough plus I will have three teenagers & a 20 year old with me (she turned 20 today:hug:) LOL

Thanks ntalwar !

U2Fanatic4ever I saw a guy today during the Set List Party who is going to a total of 15 Shows in Europe:hmm:

I'm thinking of just getting a hotel closer to DC for after the concert or just drive home.

You might also look in Waynesboro, which is about 25 miles west of Charlottesville on either I-64 or U.S. 250. There's a Comfort Inn there, as well as a Holiday Inn Express, a Super8, and a Day's Inn.

You might also look in Waynesboro, which is about 25 miles west of Charlottesville on either I-64 or U.S. 250. There's a Comfort Inn there, as well as a Holiday Inn Express, a Super8, and a Day's Inn.

Does that require a drive over the mountains?

Yes. That requires a drive over the mountains.
But taking 64 (the interstate...best way from Waynesboro to Cville) is extremely easy over the mountains. No worries at all.

Also...you can look for hotels north of cville in Ruckersville area (small country town...has a few local hotels).....prolly off the radar for many who don't live here........just follow 29 North on a map about 10 miles......

UVa built a big parking garage near the stadium relatively recently, and I doubt the cost is very high (as far as these types of events go).

it's Bad of me to skeptically wonder if the massess will head out to Charlottesville...i know...but I do know that crowd participation make or break these types of shows...i will be there...that's for sure!!

Yes. That requires a drive over the mountains.
But taking 64 (the interstate...best way from Waynesboro to Cville) is extremely easy over the mountains. No worries at all.

Agreed--in October, it should be beautiful--might rain, though. :huh:

I can't believe that show hasn't sold out yet!

I'm going to look more into my hotel situation in about 2 weeks. I need to get my Boston hotel first

According to Mapquest I am 7.5 Hours from Dayton Ohio to Scott Stadium I also Mapquested Scott Stadium to Finley Stadium in N.C.

Under four hours:love:

I know my wife would go ballistic if I even brought it up but technically I will have all four children with me what could she do:huh:

Although I would have to come home

Eventually

L:madwife:L

I'm going to look more into my hotel situation in about 2 weeks. I need to get my Boston hotel first

Ummmm we may need some assistance here:huh:

I have been checking online for the last hour & nothing available near Scott Stadium

Does anyone have any ideas

I will be travelling w/ four children well one just turned 20 the other three are 18 15 (on 10/1:hug:)& 13

I am thinking about leaving Dayton right after work on 9/30:ohmy:

To bad I am turning 40 in a few weeks or I could potentially be # 1 in the GA Line considering I will get to the area around midnight:wave:

LOL

I guess I'm going to be driving back north to stay overnight or just drive home

Hey guys, I'm the Charlottesville person/student at UVA! I haven't posted here lately, but I had a thought today, and I wanted to get some people's opinions from the board.

What do you think the crowd will be like at this show? To me - it is so important that the crowd sings along and has that energy. A connection. I'm taking 3 friends who are new U2 fans, so I need them to understand the experience that U2 is that I've been guaranteeing them they will have for 6 months! I know that a lot of casual U2 fans who are students at UVA are going.

Lately I've just been anxious/nervous that the Charlottesville show will not be as action packed/spirit filled. Thoughts?

Hey guys, I'm the Charlottesville person/student at UVA! I haven't posted here lately, but I had a thought today, and I wanted to get some people's opinions from the board.

What do you think the crowd will be like at this show? To me - it is so important that the crowd sings along and has that energy. A connection. I'm taking 3 friends who are new U2 fans, so I need them to understand the experience that U2 is that I've been guaranteeing them they will have for 6 months! I know that a lot of casual U2 fans who are students at UVA are going.

Lately I've just been anxious/nervous that the Charlottesville show will not be as action packed/spirit filled. Thoughts?

Hi joshuatree :wave:

My thoughts exactly...

I am coming from out of state to attend my cousin's wedding, :doh: so I am taking advantage that the event's schedule coincides with this concert, I did attend MIAMI "vertigo tour" and it rocked, and I agree, the crowd DOES play a large role in a U2 show; they are the ones whom add a lot to what has been commonly described as the so-called "religious experience"....

Please get as many of your UVA friends out there, as college students will always rock-out to a great show, and U2 always puts on a great show....

My opinion, the higher the attendance at Charlottesville, the more successful of a concert experience it will be for all of us...

R

Note: As this is (1 of only 2) "on-campus" gigs this tour, (and although I paid $$ for my tix), I think that Bono should grant admission to those with UVA student ID's so that the GA area can be flooded full... :sexywink:

Good point. I think the crowd energy could be a it lacking, as it appeared to be in the Fordham show (although that was in the morning). Young/university crowd doesn't equal energetic crowd. Hopefully they will sell more tickets as well - currently blocks of 8 seats are readily available at the two highest price levels.

The problem might be a lot of the students maybe casual fans that only know a few songs.

I might be regretting getting Red Zone for Charlottesville. $250 and $95 seats are easily available in the sections right next to the Claw and catwalk. Based on that, the RZ will be even more sparsely populated than usual. It'll feel weird to be one of the only people in there. Maybe they'll run a second auction for it.

I'm having the worst time selling my extra tickets for this show. I bought upper levels before I won the RZ auction, and I just can't get rid of my extras. I never anticipated that I'd have a problem selling off extra U2 tickets, especially below face value.

So, yeah, I'm wondering about the level of enthusiasm for this show in general. We'll see.

I grew up in Cville and still CANNOT believe U2 is playing there. I'm very excited but also a bit nervous as well. I'd love for this to be an amazing crowd, but I have some nervous doubts as well. The lack of a sellout at this point isn't helping either.

Part of me wants to sell my GA and do Raleigh or Vegas instead. I have the 5 shows before it and would rather do a later date. If I can't sell it then I will have to go.

Part of me wants to sell my GA and do Raleigh or Vegas instead. I have the 5 shows before it and would rather do a later date. If I can't sell it then I will have to go.

Laura:wave:

Please keep me in mind if you actually decide to do that b/c I have two GA right now but I was planning on buying three more for the other three children off StubHub or Ebay:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom