October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just checked on ticketmaster. it's actually looking pretty good! I have every confidence that this show will be sold out by October 1st.

Are the seats that are "behind" the stage really that less deirable? The ticketmaster schematic looks like the band could circle around to the back if they wanted to, wheil the U2.com schematic for each tour stop's stage looks like the piece of the circle on the backside doesn't exist. Any ideas? No interaction witht he crowd on the backside by the band? Why do they call it the 360 degree tour then?
Also, I actually got 2 tix in section 102. Will I be pleased with these seats do you think? ( I asked the q's above in case more friends wanted to attend and wdidn't want to steer them wrong as to what to expect behind the stage.)
Thanks!

I sat behind the stage in Oakland last time around (lower level) and it was okay. Honestly, I wouldn't go for those seats again if I had an option, but it wasn't bad. The band does occasionally turn around and wave to the people in the back. It's just, you know, you're staring at their asses for the majority of the show.

Considering nobody has actually seen the new stage in person yet, it's hard to say exactly what it'll be like.

:banghead: Just decided today that I wanted to go to this show & didn't realize that it's been on sale since Friday already. :doh:

Looks like I'll be selling my body again....:sexywink:

No worries about tickets everyone, I just bought some GAs on eBay yesterday for $75/each, free shipping! That comes out to about 50 cents more expensive than buying through Ticketmaster, woo!!

Anyone from the area know how long I can expect the trip from Baltimore+picking up a friend at GWU+and heading down to Charlottesville will take? I've heard bad things about beltway traffic, but is it bad at 2pm on a Thursday??

Can't wait to hang out in the GA with all you guys, I'm making Charlottesville Interference T-Shirts too! :hyper:

Anyone from the area know how long I can expect the trip from Baltimore+picking up a friend at GWU+and heading down to Charlottesville will take? I've heard bad things about beltway traffic, but is it bad at 2pm on a Thursday??

Yeah, the Beltway is generally heavy any time of the day.. it's like constant rush hour around here, especially with some of the new construction. Probably an hour to get to Georgetown, then plan on at least two and half hours to get to Charlottesville (you'll have another passenger, so you can go out 66 from downtown DC - HOV restrictions).

I'm going to the DC show and I live in Jersey, so I'm going to get a hotel about half way between DC and Charlottesville. I'll stay the night between the shows and then campout for Charlottesville and then drive home after the show.

I'm going to the DC show and I live in Jersey, so I'm going to get a hotel about half way between DC and Charlottesville. I'll stay the night between the shows and then campout for Charlottesville and then drive home after the show.

Not much there but the hills halfway between DC and Cville. I'd pick one area or the other for a hotel so you don't end up staying in some cheap-horror movie motel place. You'll see what I mean. I guess you could stay in Culpepper.

Not much there but the hills halfway between DC and Cville. I'd pick one area or the other for a hotel so you don't end up staying in some cheap-horror movie motel place. You'll see what I mean. I guess you could stay in Culpepper.

I haven't even checked anything out yet. I may stay somewhere near Fed EX field

Thanks for the travel tips--I'll definitely take advantage of the HOV lanes!

Only been to the U of V campus once during a campus tour a few years back, but man it was beautiful. I venture that this will be one of the most scenic surroundings for any U2 show I've seen/am planning on attending. /packs camera

Only been to the U of V campus once during a campus tour a few years back, but man it was beautiful. I venture that this will be one of the most scenic surroundings for any U2 show I've seen/am planning on attending. /packs camera

Could not agree more. If you have questions on somethin that hasn't been answered, post! I live b/t DC and Cville. I've lived in both cities. I could not be more excited about these shows... especially Cville.

Thanks for the travel tips--I'll definitely take advantage of the HOV lanes!

Think about the time of year too! The colors should be beautiful. I went camping around there a few years ago and it was gorgeous!

I grew up in Charlottesville, and it is indeed a beautiful place. I still can't believe U2 (U2!) is coming to my hometown. I'm very excited. I actually used all my pre-sale tickets for Cville even though I live in Boston now, ha.

Hey everybody!

I'm pretty new to Interference, but I just wanted to say that I'm a student at UVA right now. I'm so excited for U2 to come to my college! I can see Scott Stadium from my window, and next year when I come back it will be about 5 minutes from my apartment. I definitely plan on camping out and getting on the rail though! I hope to get to know all of you in the next 6 months, and hopefully we can hang out in the GA line!

And Charlottesville really is beautiful...I hope the weather is gorgeous!

I won the Red Zone for this show, so I have 2 spare GA tickets and 2 $95 seats to unload, if anyone is interested. I also posted a thread in the want/have forum. You can PM me or email madsparker@gmail.com if interested.

Grrrr. I wish I had gotten in to UVA!!—I expect a whole bunch of UVA students to be ahead of me in the GA line!

University of Virginia and Fordham = luckiest schools in America

Don't worry about UVA students getting there first. I'm pretty sure I"ll be one of the only ones. I'm begging my 2 best friends at UVA, who I got tickets for, to wait with me. A lot of people at UVA don't understand how big this concert is...trust me. They won't understand til they experience it. I'm so excited, I feel like it's such a blessing that they are playing just minutes down the road from me!!!

Oh I'm looking forward to the invasion! I can't wait to just get in line and camp out all day long. I have 3 best friends who are coming to the concert with me, 2 go to UVA, and 1 lives in my hometown. My friend from home is going to camp out with me, but my 2 friends at school aren't "sure" if they want to spend the whole day waiting in line. I'm putting all 3 friends through "U2 training" - showing them all the music and they are learning it. I just wish my friends from college could understand that this is such a big event, and for 6 months of anticipation, they may as well be at the front of the line and TRULY experience it! I hope I will be able to convince them by the time October 1st rolls around. They claim that they are going just to see a "big concert", but I know that as soon as it's over they will realize what a U2 show really is, and how there is nothing else in the world like it.

Oh I'm looking forward to the invasion! I can't wait to just get in line and camp out all day long. I have 3 best friends who are coming to the concert with me, 2 go to UVA, and 1 lives in my hometown. My friend from home is going to camp out with me, but my 2 friends at school aren't "sure" if they want to spend the whole day waiting in line. I'm putting all 3 friends through "U2 training" - showing them all the music and they are learning it. I just wish my friends from college could understand that this is such a big event, and for 6 months of anticipation, they may as well be at the front of the line and TRULY experience it! I hope I will be able to convince them by the time October 1st rolls around. They claim that they are going just to see a "big concert", but I know that as soon as it's over they will realize what a U2 show really is, and how there is nothing else in the world like it.

I'm in the exact same situation! I will be trying to coax a friend at NYU out of the city and to the Meadowlands for one of the two new york shoes. She was "excited" about going, but when I told her Muse was opening she seemed happier to see them open :doh:

And I am also going the way of the "U2 Training," putting together a list of 53 songs that you must know before you see a U2 show (they're my predictions of what will be played) and have been mailing it out handwritten on postcard for everyone who I'm taking with me. Better know what "Green light, 7/11" is before you hop in the GA line with me...especially when I'm providing drinks, tickets, and transportation!!

Has U2 ever played at UVA before? We were trying to remember! :D

Nope, U2 has never played UVA before. I still can't believe it. Scott Stadium! All the football games I've watched there, I never imagined I'd be watching my favorite band play in that stadium. Rolling Stones did play at UVA, but I wasn't attending here at that point.

Interesting fact: I'm designing my schedule for my 3rd year, and as an English major, I have decided to take Irish Literature in honor of the boys!

DontExpect: I hope we can convince them. Just out of curiousity - what are the 53 songs you've chosen? With my friend from home, who is genuinely excited to wait in line with me, I am giving her each CD one at at time and writing her a document featuring interest facts and songs most likely to be played live. With my 2 UVA friends, I've just been playing them what I think are the greatest hits. Any tips? I'm sure we can convince them!

Skjuls: Looking forward to seeing you in line! Hopefully we will be able to sit by/near each other!

^ check your PM

Too bad you're going to be lining up wayyyy before I get there, but I'll make sure to find you!

I should be pretty easy to spot, wearing this:

3425869420_80f78c16b1.jpg

Nope, U2 has never played UVA before. I still can't believe it. Scott Stadium! All the football games I've watched there, I never imagined I'd be watching my favorite band play in that stadium. Rolling Stones did play at UVA, but I wasn't attending here at that point.

So, tell me. Do Wahoos go to concerts in blazers and ties? Or is that just for football games :p

jkjk. That's so awesome that they are going to be there. I wish I was still in VA. I'd totally go!
I should be pretty easy to spot, wearing this:

3425869420_80f78c16b1.jpg

NICE! Did you design that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom