Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread VI - The Day Has Arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what we did today. Overshoot and the stadium will be on your right. I was on the left but no matter. At Siena. Clean place. Too many kids. There's a kid rollerskating up and down the balcony by by room. All rooms open to the outside. I'm in 12. There r 3 floors. No elevators. I'm on 3 so no one stomping above. course I got the roller derby outside but I'm sure they'll be in when I get back from dinner. On first level everyone walks by and can look in windows. I advise 2 or 3rd floor.
Oh - bring a towel if you want. These are harsh.

VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper: :rockon:

Dude, work just went on and on and on. But I'm home now and doing some laundry and eating some dinner and then packing and then and then and then and then and then

VEGAS!!!!!!!

THIS!!

:hi5:

I may or may not have skipped out the door of my office at the end of my work day today. :shifty: :giggle:

You guys are arriving/here..yay! I'm so excited for us and can't wait for the meetup tomorrow. Try and stay out of trouble til then, LOL...

Are most of you planning to get there right around 8? I'm having dinner down the street at 6 and then stopping by. Can't be there all night or drink too much, I have a long drive home.

:hyper:

=Since I plan to cab it there from the strip, I asked about cab availability afterwards. She said they have alerted the cab companies about the concert and there should be plenty available.

Plenty available? I doubt it after hearing about the Pop Mart fiasco. Even if they had several hundred cabs, they would be snatched up immediately IMO. I thought about it but opted for the rental car. Sitting there waiting hours for a cab ride back to the strip would be a major buzz killer and downer for me.

That's what we did today. Overshoot and the stadium will be on your right. I was on the left but no matter. At Siena. Clean place. Too many kids. There's a kid rollerskating up and down the balcony by by room. All rooms open to the outside. I'm in 12. There r 3 floors. No elevators. I'm on 3 so no one stomping above. course I got the roller derby outside but I'm sure they'll be in when I get back from dinner. On first level everyone walks by and can look in windows. I advise 2 or 3rd floor.
Oh - bring a towel if you want. These are harsh.

Oh boy, the kids will be in for a surprise when 20 or so of us stumble in drunk tomorrow night.

My brother just sent me this, he was there tonight :hyper::hyper::hyper:

vegasclawtom.jpg

I could TOTALLY throw up right now I'm SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic: :barf: :panic: :barf: :panic: :barf: :panic: :barf:

What he said.

I am (laughingly) crawling into bed because this lady has to be up at 4 a.m. so I figure if I go to bed early then 4 a.m won't come as such a jolt.

I am like a kid on christmas eve! U2 EVE!!!

See you all tomorrow at Nine Fine!
TOMORROW! YAAYYYY! :hyper:

Have safe travels, I will update photos to the twitpic feed once I get there so watch there if you like!

:grouphug:
hj:heart:

I think I'm packed.

I'm bringing too many tops and the shorts I was going to wear to the concert have gum all over the pockets (gum that I left in there after the Chicago concerts, apparently, so I guess that's fitting), but I'm packed.

I think.

:panic:

I love packing for leaving in 45 degrees and arriving in 80 degrees. Nothing like either being freezing on the plane or breaking immediately into a sweat upon landing. :grumpy:

Does anyone else feel like vomiting? :hyper:

I could TOTALLY throw up right now I'm SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic: :barf: :panic: :barf: :panic: :barf: :panic: :barf:

When I was a kid, I used to get SO crazy excited about trips, etc. that I'd puke in the first hour or two of our trips. :lmao: I'm insanely excited right now, but determined not to be hurling my cookies tomorrow. :lol:

I'm all packed and ready to go! :hyper:

^ SWEET!!!

WILD!!!!! and THORA!!!! Soon, my dears :drool:

And I don't ever get dry heaves or puke - I do often feel like I have to pee when I get really nervous/excited though! :hyper:

I don't get nervous before traveling, but I usually get too wound up and (mildly) anxious to sleep well the night before, totally paranoid that I'll miss my alarm.

I don't have to get up at oh-my-god-o-clock though, so that'll help.

Twelve hours from now, I'll leave for the airport! :rockon:

(Oh yeah, and I often, to this day, get the dry heaves when I'm SUPER excited. :reject: )

Aww! :giggle: Here's to hoping that NONE of us get sick or whatever tomorrow!

Thora our hotel is:drool:

I can't believe i see you tomorrow :hyper:

^ SWEET!!!

WILD!!!!! and THORA!!!! Soon, my dears :drool:

And I don't ever get dry heaves or puke - I do often feel like I have to pee when I get really nervous/excited though! :hyper:

Can't wait to see you gorgeous ladies either!! :hyper:

I don't get nervous before traveling, but I usually get too wound up and (mildly) anxious to sleep well the night before, totally paranoid that I'll miss my alarm.

I don't have to get up at oh-my-god-o-clock though, so that'll help.

Twelve hours from now, I'll leave for the airport! :rockon:

I do the same. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a decent amount of sleep tonight, but it does help that I don't have to leave until the late afternoon, so I can take it easy tomorrow.

Hello from Siena :wave:

I drove down from Sacramento today. Veeery tired.

It doesnt really seem like there's been a problem with cameras on this tour lol.

Oh, I was wondering about the 3" length on lenses for DSLRs. I'd love to have mine in the RZ, but if they don't allow it, I can't get back to the car to stash it.

I'm just going with my other unless I hear different soon.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom