Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Tony (zootopian) is in touch (actually he got in touch with them months ago to organize) with the events coordinator at 9 fine and they are well aware we are all (Blue ZOO!) coming and we've been told they are planning something special for us. Tony is expecting to hear back from her this month to confirm.

I'm just curious, are you guys paying to rent a space for a group that large?

^if you're lucky I may perform it live for you.

:lol:

:eeklaugh:

badassbuddy_com-roxbury.gif

Chels/Fitz

It sounded like a few staying at Siena were walking to the stadium, so hopefully there will be a few different groups. I wouldn't mind a walking buddy, I can't cross the street by myself.......lol. kidding......really. :|

Cab Thursday night sounds good too, to be safe, I could always call a cab if I don't want to drive back and leave my car......we'll see. It's Vegas, I'm not gonna plan too much, just know my options. :drool:

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Want to split a cab to or from NY, NY? It'd be cheaper that way . . . and probably more fun. :D

make room for me!

I'll bring a skateboard and a rope and hitch a ride on the back of that cab.

I do NOT have a mustache, Ethan! But I may now go out and get a pair of aviators :hmm:

(oh and not to derail the thread or anything but Spike Jonze is brilliant - read an article about him in the NYT Mag. and CAN'T WAIT for Where The Wild Things Are)

Flash mob ideas

Ok....so before everyone flames me for this suggestion, hear me out. I just came back from the DC show and there had to be close to 100k people there. It is quite impressive especially when people move in unison. So having said that, a week or so ago, the black eyed peas were on Oprah performing "I got a feeling". And if anyone caught it, it was performed outside with large audience and a flash mob dance broke out. For those that don't know, a flash mob dance is when one person starts dancing (choregraphed) and then another group joins in and another etc, until everyone is doing it. Again, it looked really cool. So since the BEP will be playing Vegas (among others, but I will be there), anyone interested in putting something like this together? I know we all go to U2 shows for U2, so if you hate BEP, that's fine, but it would be a pretty cool stunt to pull off. Or even better, why not someone suggest a U2 song that could this could be applied to. How do you think the band would react if the entire GA/Stadium broke out in dance? Maybe to I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight-they do it in "dancy" fashion.

So thoughts? Let the flaming begin and I will see you all in Vegas!
Brian

Brian,
The Zootopians like this idea, here is the post:

LasVegasU2Fan wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just saw the BEP video. That looked pretty cool and definitely choreographed. My sis and I are in GA and definitely would do something crazy like that. We can use a small white cloth/towel to wave to Crazy. That's a simple and good idea. It's Vegas baby!! Let's make it happen.

hjay wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like your attitude Las Vegas U2 fan!!!! And the boys...whatevs, we'll have you dancing before you know it. NY Tony too!

I really think we should try to get out the word on bringing a small white cloth to wave during Crazy.

Now if we figured out 8 simple arm movements ( I mean like both up, both out to the side, both in a V, then both arms to the left, both arms to the right, both arms left, both arms right, roll your hands (like patty cake), then repeat .)

We could get the whole crowd going, just 8 and repeat....and yeah we'd have to have people in each section start it and carry it on. But we could pull that off. We totally could! It would also look amazing. Moniy99 has a good point, but I would be willing to make a jackass out of myself teaching the GA line how to do it, as long as some of you in the line will help me get everybody into it. They are a captive audience. It'll give me something to do while I am wandering around hanging out with the GAer's in line waiting for the soundcheck and tweeting like mad.

Us Canadians are fools for the wave, LOL! I was just at an Oilers game and it went around and around and around...we rock at the wave! Coldplay, at their concert, got us to do it with our celly phones in the dark. It was bloody amazing watching little sparks of light shimmer on around and around! (Frick that would certainly put a twist on Bono's Milky way for MOS. The Milky Wave! LOL! How hard would that be to organize? ...in the dark! LOL!

On Monday I will post our plan, if we want to go forward, to the world on Twitter. Let's make it good. Everybody tell everybody to bring a white towel (or cloth) to the show for Crazy. Let's at least get that started. Just throwing this out there....thoughts? Suggestions? Volunteers? Shots of tequilla?

that sucks. I guess we will pick it up for Vegas! What idea did you have? Spill it. have you got some kicking dance moves for us? I would love to hear your ideas!

hj:heart:

I would be pleased to see people simply actually dancing to this song, rather than just jumping up and down. This is a horizontal song, not a vertical one.

Flash Mob, Keep it simple...trying at home.

Ok....so before everyone flames me for this suggestion, hear me out. I just came back from the DC show and there had to be close to 100k people there. It is quite impressive especially when people move in unison. So having said that, a week or so ago, the black eyed peas were on Oprah performing "I got a feeling". And if anyone caught it, it was performed outside with large audience and a flash mob dance broke out. For those that don't know, a flash mob dance is when one person starts dancing (choregraphed) and then another group joins in and another etc, until everyone is doing it. Again, it looked really cool. So since the BEP will be playing Vegas (among others, but I will be there), anyone interested in putting something like this together? I know we all go to U2 shows for U2, so if you hate BEP, that's fine, but it would be a pretty cool stunt to pull off. Or even better, why not someone suggest a U2 song that could this could be applied to. How do you think the band would react if the entire GA/Stadium broke out in dance? Maybe to I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight-they do it in "dancy" fashion.

So thoughts? Let the flaming begin and I will see you all in Vegas!
Brian

Okay here is what we have disccussed at Zootopia....try to imagine it with like 40,000 people in unison...

I was trying at home along with a clip of the remix...
Oh here I will just post the whole thing:

Hjay at Zootopia wrote:

"for the people in seats (not GA) I think if enough of us just do it regardless of how silly we "think" we look it will go off amazingly well. Everybody can see the GA so I hope they will just follow along. What would be awesome is to prep the peeps in your section just after the BEP's. But that's a lot to ask, especially for the shy folk :reject:. See I have no shame :D and I am there to party...if people think I am nuts, oh well. Not like I'll ever see them again...

It will look amazing if enough of us do it!
Here is the track off you tube: YouTube - U2 Dublin 2009-07-24 Crazy Tonight Remix

I am going to try this out see how it works. <<hj hits play on you tube video of crazy remix>>

If the GA start right at the top with the bobbing heads when Bono busts out with "Come on you people" we would have to take a two count because the beat is SO fast.

Practise people and let me know if it works. Count 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8
Ready? Yes, get up! C'mon , play it the video of the remix and try this, seriously...stop reading, up out of your chairs! got the beat? :bonodrum: Larry is rocking it...

in 1, 2, 3, 4 - both arms up (like an I) 1, 2, both out to the side (like T) 3, 4, both in a V 5, 6 then both arms to the left 7, 8, both arms to the right 1, 2, both arms left 3, 4, both arms right 5, 6, clap your hands 7, 8....
then repeat back to both arms up....keep GOING!!!!!!!!

Holy crap...I am totally dancing! LOL! (okay our dogs think I have officially lost my marbles..they are all excited and barking as I dance around the computer room! LOL!)

I have to try once more with a white tea towel this time, god I really love this remix!:

in 1, 2, 3, 4 -
both arms up (like an I) 1, 2,
both out to the side (like T) 3, 4,
both in a V 5, 6
then both arms to the left 7, 8,
both arms to the right 1, 2,
both arms left 3, 4,
both arms right 5, 6,
roll your hands clap your hands 7, 8....
then repeat back to both arms up 1, 2
....keep GOING!!!!!!!!
:cabbagepatch:

I can't freaking wait any longer! this is going to ROCK!
Imagine the whole GA doing that in unison! I think I should start a new thread just for this flash mob...pack your white flags peeps...we can wave them for SBS too. Tell everybody and get the word out...we should really do a video up with this remix pumping. It is fun!

hj'

There....Brian it was your idea...what do you think? Is it simple? Is it hard? Is it working for you guys? I am open to suggestions, and yes I have taken my medication today. LOL!
Interferencers can we pull this off? :dancing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom