Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think mine has everyone though. There are too many lists. :crack:

I honestly do not think that all those people in the Zoo list will show up (I hope though), there is only very few that post frequently in that thread. But who knows..:shrug:

For those driving/renting a car I just got off the phone with a lady who said parking IS INCLUDED with the price of ticket.

Nice, thanks for checking that out.

For those driving/renting a car I just got off the phone with a lady who said parking IS INCLUDED with the price of ticket.

That's awesome. :up: Especially after hearing some people paying up the ass for parking for other shows.

i wish it were easy to walk back and forth to every show. chicago was great and i think dallas/vegas will be okay.

i'm ready to just pay for the damn rose bowl preferred pass because i don't want to eff around with shuttles or general parking way out in the fringes of the rose bowl where it's dark

one of my sayings is, "i've spent more on less"

-dan

Recap

CRAP! I just wrote up this nice post and when I hit submit reply it disappeared. %$#%#!!!! :|

In summary:

Yep, Tony (zootopian) is in touch (actually he got in touch with them months ago to organize) with the events coordinator at 9 fine and they are well aware we are all (Blue ZOO!) coming and we've been told they are planning something special for us. Tony is expecting to hear back from her this month to confirm.

Lanyards are ordered! YAY! So that list is final, sorry to anybody else who wanted one. Tony ordered 100 which will be enough for those of you who signed up here and those at Zootopia. As somebody already metioned here, if certain people are no shows, we don't want to be left with a bunch of nametags so the nametags will be blank...that way we can just write in our own names. Tony and I will have the list so that way those late comers on the list will still get their lanyards. They will cost $2-3 and you can just pay Tony at 9 Fine when you get there type deal.

Some of us thought it might be nice to give a little back to a local charity so we will have AFAN, a local Aids charity there.
We've planned some fundraising activities:

A "40/40"- much like a 50/50 but with a U2ey twist. Everybody can purchase a ticket for $1 and then the whole pot of money will get split and one lucky U2 fan will win 40% of the moola (it could be YOU!) and AFAN will get the rest.

I have also put together a U2 trivia contest which will have a nice prize from Dublin up for grabs! You can buy the trivia sheet from me for $5 (or whatever donation you wish to make to AFAN) and fill it out and return it and we will assess a winner at 9:30 p.m.

We are planning for the best but all of this is subject to change once we get there. We just want to make it fun and get to know everybody. We hope to make it just a little more spectacular with the games and whatnot.

So there you have it, lanyards and nametags: check, check.
Giving back: Check, check.
Organized at 9 fine, done and done.

Also I am heartbroken for Laura...I imagine not going pretty much ripped her in two...so sorry to hear she won't make it.

And thanks for the doing the homework about parking....I have decided to get a rental car too. We'll see how that goes. LOL!

I can hardly wait to meet you all in 22 sleeps! 23 more sleeps to the concert!
hj:heart:

hj,
I really want to thank you for taking charge and doing all of these things for us here at the crack. This will be a great gathering and you are making it very simple for us. Well done.
Thanks to Tony as well.

FINAL Lanyard requests from Interference :love:(Order is in, no new requests can be accomodated)

1.) waynetravis (England)
2.) nicv (Los Angeles, CA)
3.) Zuropa_Fit (Zooey) (Tucson, AZ)
4.) bonocomet (San Diego, CA)
5.) Bono Mot (Cary, NC)
6.) Wildhoney(Wild) (London, England)
7.) TrojanChick99 (Los Angeles, CA)
8.) RedRocksU2 (Murrieta, Ca)
9.) Thora (Vancouver, Canada)
10) ARW (Minneapolis, MN)
11) Kariann (Columbus, OH)
12) chels82 (Fresno, CA)
13) Kafrun (Calgary, AB)
14) Sarah (Calgary, AB)
15) Dakotalola (Cranston, Rhode Island)
16) kramwest1 (Minneapolis, MN)
17) BamBam (Ireland)
18) FitzChivalry (....)
19) Romi (San Francisco East Bay, CA)

awwww!

hj,
I really want to thank you for taking charge and doing all of these things for us here at the crack. This will be a great gathering and you are making it very simple for us. Well done.
Thanks to Tony as well.

You are sooo welcome, I am so happy :heart: to be a part of this incredible event and I will pass along your wishes to Tony too, he's the bomb! We are going to rip the roof off 9 fine! woo hoo!

Thanks for being such wonderful U2 fans too! Special thanks to Sicy for the list making! (lists ,lists, everywhere lists! LOL!)

:yippie:
hj:heart:

Can't wait for this. Kudos on including the charity, too :up:

My friend has been texting me all morning about Vegas. I think she's pretty excited :wink:

Ok....so before everyone flames me for this suggestion, hear me out. I just came back from the DC show and there had to be close to 100k people there. It is quite impressive especially when people move in unison. So having said that, a week or so ago, the black eyed peas were on Oprah performing "I got a feeling". And if anyone caught it, it was performed outside with large audience and a flash mob dance broke out. For those that don't know, a flash mob dance is when one person starts dancing (choregraphed) and then another group joins in and another etc, until everyone is doing it. Again, it looked really cool. So since the BEP will be playing Vegas (among others, but I will be there), anyone interested in putting something like this together? I know we all go to U2 shows for U2, so if you hate BEP, that's fine, but it would be a pretty cool stunt to pull off. Or even better, why not someone suggest a U2 song that could this could be applied to. How do you think the band would react if the entire GA/Stadium broke out in dance? Maybe to I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight-they do it in "dancy" fashion.

So thoughts? Let the flaming begin and I will see you all in Vegas!
Brian

^Hi Brian :wave:

Yes, someone posted that flash video a few pages back, it was very cool! There was some talk about doing something.....then it was left hanging.

I'm a little shy :reject: so I'm the wrong person to plan this with. Keep popping back for some more feedback. :)

Ok....so before everyone flames me for this suggestion, hear me out. I just came back from the DC show and there had to be close to 100k people there. It is quite impressive especially when people move in unison. So having said that, a week or so ago, the black eyed peas were on Oprah performing "I got a feeling". And if anyone caught it, it was performed outside with large audience and a flash mob dance broke out. For those that don't know, a flash mob dance is when one person starts dancing (choregraphed) and then another group joins in and another etc, until everyone is doing it. Again, it looked really cool. So since the BEP will be playing Vegas (among others, but I will be there), anyone interested in putting something like this together? I know we all go to U2 shows for U2, so if you hate BEP, that's fine, but it would be a pretty cool stunt to pull off. Or even better, why not someone suggest a U2 song that could this could be applied to. How do you think the band would react if the entire GA/Stadium broke out in dance? Maybe to I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight-they do it in "dancy" fashion.

So thoughts? Let the flaming begin and I will see you all in Vegas!
Brian

YouTube - The Oprah Winfrey Show Black Eyed Peas 'I Got a Feeling' /HD\

That's nuts, dont know how they pulled that off. *plants* lol. :hmm:

How did they do that? I WOULD LOVE....LOVE to flash mob U2.

I have no idea how to organize it. I think it would have to start with GA. Some of you guys in GA would have to willing to start it, like that lady in blue on the tape, it all started there...we'd have to have a team ready set to go in right to the front.

If we were to do it.....awesome plan would be to do it for Crazy! So here is what we could do...if enough of us at U2.com and here are in GA...we could come to the venue early and organize it. Make it simple enough and everybody would join in.

I have also thought about the idea of telling everybody to bring a white peice of material and wave it about...but getting somthing like that off the ground in a way that would surprise the band...well....

I actually emailed Nine Fine way back in June about the idea of making an Irish flag, one side has green paper, the GA gets White and the other side gets orange....but 40, 000 peices of paper is a crapload to organize.

And 9 fine never responded.
I have been known to be a pretty decent event planner, but we'd need to all be in on that one, the dance part is amazing!!. BUT I'm in if you're in. :hyper:

Count me out for the flash dance :no: I only dance on poles.

sweet jesus you are marriage material

i haven't even seen the video and i agree....it was a setup

and since i'm a guy, i won't be dancing

-dan

O rly?

I also cook and clean and enjoy being barefoot and pregnant :heart: Have at it, gentlemen.

:heart::flirt:

This IS one of my favorite beers:
39586ba510b64ef2

Thanks hj for all your planning - much appreciated! :hi5:

That's good to know about parking being included. I've been thinking about renting a car, but I sure as hell don't want to sit around in traffic for hours afterward. No clue yet what I'm going to do for transportation, but we've still got lots of time to figure that out.

I love flash mob stuff, but since I have doucheseats, I'd participate in a flag thing or whatever. Could be fun, if it was well organized and many people were into it.

22 days, baby! :hyper:

O rly?

I also cook and clean and enjoy being barefoot and pregnant :heart: Have at it, gentlemen.

i am a good with a vacuum and a dishwasher, i do laundry AND iron too

not a good cook though

-dan

You bet you will!

na-uh, i only dance when i'm drunk (and i don't drink)

...and i'm kinda bummed i didn't get a little namey-tagey thing now, but i'll be getting in too late to make it to the NY/NY

-dan

Thanks hj for all your planning - much appreciated! :hi5:

I love flash mob stuff, but since I have doucheseats, I'd participate in a flag thing or whatever. Could be fun, if it was well organized and many people were into it.

22 days, baby! :hyper:

You are welcome.

I would love to do the flag thing too....we could get the word out for everybody to bring 3 sheets of paper with them, one orange, one green and one white. If enough will do it, we could pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom