Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where are you staying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have ideas how to get from the strip to the concert and back? Early on, there was some talk about chartering a bus. What do you think the cab fare would be each way? I suppose getting a cab in Vegas at 1Am would be relatively easy.

I'd definitely be interested in doing the bus thing. However, we're not doing GA, so we don't want to get to the stadium hours ahead of time. Not sure if we could arrange for just a ride back to the strip afterwards on the bus...

I did find info somewhere (forget where) that an hour long cab ride is around $22. With all the traffic, I have no idea if it will take an hour to get to the stadium from the strip, but there you go.

I think we're just gonna hope for the best, and maybe arrange with a cab driver to pick us up after the concert's over.

I just tried calling Sienna Suites to confirm my reservation and I was on hold forvever, so I hung up. I booked online and I want to make sure everything is good. I have had problems in the past when booking a hotel online

Anyone have ideas how to get from the strip to the concert and back? Early on, there was some talk about chartering a bus. What do you think the cab fare would be each way? I suppose getting a cab in Vegas at 1Am would be relatively easy.

was anybody else at the 97 opener?

i mentioned this somewhere (maybe the vegas I or II thread)...getting to the show was simple, getting back was a pain in the ass. my sister and i, and it seemed like everyone else, walked FOREVER.

we finally hopped on a city bus and we made it to the strip, then we took a cab to our hotel (which was off-strip).

i suppose you could call a cab, but it's quite a ways from the strip on a friday night. i really think cabs are going to be slim pickings as the cabbies aren't going to flock way out there when they can run their regular areas.

i'm glad i'm staying at sienna

-dan

I just tried calling Sienna Suites to confirm my reservation and I was on hold forvever, so I hung up. I booked online and I want to make sure everything is good. I have had problems in the past when booking a hotel online

I'm more worried about the Bed Bug situation. I'm afraid to check to website from the bed bug site from the Chicago thread.

I'm more worried about the Bed Bug situation. I'm afraid to check to website from the bed bug site from the Chicago thread.

I think I saw a bed bug reference re: Sienna Suites but that may have come from Tripadvisor.com...

And, after checking the maps, I'd think that Henderson is closer to the venue than the strip; albeit it not as much fun, but still plenty of nice hotels..the Station hotels are out there...

Ew I'm looking at that website now. I am pretty disgusted to read that hotels like the Stratosphere, Excalibur and Caesars palace have had reports of bed bugs :crack:

However,

Siena Suites
6555 Boulder Hwy
Las Vegas, NV 89122-7455

There are no bedbug encounters on record for this address.

Here are some reviews for the hotel
http://las-vegas-hotels.tripadvisor...86-Reviews-Siena_Suites-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

Someone did report bed bugs on that site it seems.

But those can happen anywhere...Char and I stayed at The Lodge (pretty upscale) in Palm Springs...the lady in the pool was so bitten, red spots on her legs and back; she was nearly crying to her husband who only told her, "Only one more night...!"

:yikes: we had no problem.

I'd definitely be interested in doing the bus thing. However, we're not doing GA, so we don't want to get to the stadium hours ahead of time. Not sure if we could arrange for just a ride back to the strip afterwards on the bus...

I did find info somewhere (forget where) that an hour long cab ride is around $22. With all the traffic, I have no idea if it will take an hour to get to the stadium from the strip, but there you go.

I think we're just gonna hope for the best, and maybe arrange with a cab driver to pick us up after the concert's over.

As we're at the same hotel ,maybe we can go with you and share the cab fare :flirt:

i suppose you could call a cab, but it's quite a ways from the strip on a friday night. i really think cabs are going to be slim pickings as the cabbies aren't going to flock way out there when they can run their regular areas.

i'm glad i'm staying at sienna

-dan

^so is Sienna walking distance from the stadium?

If not, the parking situation shouldn't be too bad in comparsion to some of the larger venues right?

livingroom.jpg

Sienna suites.

It looks kinda 70's ...ha?

:hmm:

Not bad and no bed bugs!!! I doubt there will be traffic trying to get back to the Siena Suites :wink:

:cabbagepatch:

Not bad and no bed bugs!!! I doubt there will be traffic trying to get back to the Siena Suites :wink:

:cabbagepatch:

There will be if that's where the party is!!!

And yeah, it's within walking distance. That's why a bunch of us are staying there! :cabbagepatch:

I just wanted to jump on the cabbagepatch bandwagon :reject:

Ew I'm looking at that website now. I am pretty disgusted to read that hotels like the Stratosphere, Excalibur and Caesars palace have had reports of bed bugs :crack:

I've been at the Excalibur several times and never had a problem with bugs or anything.

...i can't wait for this trip. I reserved my room at the siena suites back in march. I hope management doesnt realize their bad business move and jack up the prices :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom