Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where are you staying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
why do we need additonal confirmation e-mails? And if we make it difficult for them to do their jobs, they will make more mistakes, and your tickets may never come because of that. They are not Ticketmaster, they are not a huge company.

I want my tickets now like everyone else, but I don't want to do anything that might make these people stressed out and make mistakes.

I agree with you, just passing along information. Whenever I get my tickets I get my tickets. I do think that (over)charging for priority mail was kind of lame though. :|

why do we need additonal confirmation e-mails? And if we make it difficult for them to do their jobs, they will make more mistakes, and your tickets may never come because of that. They are not Ticketmaster, they are not a huge company.

I want my tickets now like everyone else, but I don't want to do anything that might make these people stressed out and make mistakes.

Kinda have to agree here. As much as I hate that we have to wait so long for our tickets.

I think it's stupid to have to wait so long for tickets to events sometimes. We as consumers are charged when we make a ticket purchase, the Tour Promoter and/or Ticketbastard company has our money to basically make money on (as well as rip us off for exhorbitant "fees" per ticket), the least we could do is get our tickets ASAP - not have to wait months for tickets.

This is a cut and paste from a thread at @u2:

"OK folks, I got a supervisor with UNLV tickets on the phone this afternoon. She staunchly defended their policy of not mailing out tickets for this show any time soon. All she would guarantee is that all of us will have our tickets no later than a month before the show.

I told her that was a pretty wack policy, particularly with so many people traveling considerable distances for this show. It's difficult to want to put out the money for airline, car, hotel, etc. without having the actual physical tickets in your hand (or at least it is for me).

Here's what I was able to do, after arguing the merits of their policy with my fine Irish diplomacy: I got them to send me an additional email confirmation "guaranteeing" my tickets. I would recommend all of you do the same thing. Complain about the policy, then make them send you that additional email confirmation. If this is all they're going to offer, we need to make this as inconvenient as possible. Making them send out thousands of emails might get them to re-examine this policy.

If this policy irks you as much as it does me, call 1-866-388-3267, and immediately ask for a supervisor. You'll get nowhere with the agents, and probably not much further with the supervisor. But again, if we make the supervisor have to dispense hundreds, or perhaps thousands, of emails, they'll realize that their policy is out of line -- they've got our money, they've got all our fees, plus they're charging $12.50 to everybody for U.S. priority mail. They sit on all the cash for four or five months, then send the tix. Pretty weak.

I got Phoenix tix through the general sale, and they were in my mailbox today. If it's good enough for Ticketmaster (and yeah, they've certainly got their issues, too), it should be good enough for the small-time UNLVtickets.com.
"

Maybe we should all just file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about charging for priority mail but not sending them out right away. That doesn't force them to do anything but makes their crappy policy public record and will reflect badly on them...then maybe they'll rethink it...

Or maybe someone should send a note to a mod at U2.com asking band management or the promoter (Clear Channel) to get an explanation from UNLV why they are charging more and sitting on the tickets, while pointing out to them that we all have our TM tickets and spent a lot less money to get them. I doubt U2 or Clear Channel would be ok with this policy, and they are the ones that can apply the necessary pressure to make them mail the tickets...

Any attorneys out there in Interference land who might shed some light on the possibility of a class action suit here? I've never been charged so much for "fees" as with the purchase of my Vegas tickets and the priority mail fee I was forced to pay really pissed me off. I want my tickets. They've had my money for nearly a month.

No offense taken, just that some people care more about this issue than others. I'm sure you're right about it being a losing battle. Sam Boyd Stadium has something we want. Tickets to see U2. I wish there was a happy medium or some kind of compromise so everyone could be happy.

I can understand both sides of the fence I guess. But in the end, do we REALLY need our tickets RIGHT NOW when the show is 6 months away? As long as we get them before the show that should be all that matters.

Though I do think the priority mail thing is still lame.

I can understand both sides of the fence I guess. But in the end, do we REALLY need our tickets RIGHT NOW when the show is 6 months away? As long as we get them before the show that should be all that matters.

Yeah, I definitely don't "need" my tickets right now. But if I am forced to pay for a premium service, then I should receive that premium service. For me, it's an issue of right and wrong, not actually needing the tickets. If they charged me for snail mail, then I wouldn't complain about it taking a long time. Or if they weren't going to charge me the premium delivery fee until they were going to mail the tickets, then again, no complaint. Is this important in the whole scheme of things? Not really. But that doesn't make it ok...I guess I just hate it when companies are allowed to get away with shady stuff... :shame:

Yeah, charging the $12 was lame, but as long as I get my ticket before the show I'm not going to worry about it.

I do check the website every couple of days though to make sure my order is stil there. :wink:

None of us were forced to buy tickets. Everyone knew the policy going in.

I think it's stupid as well, but I knew when I bought the tickets this was the policy.

I really doubt that anyone has to worry about their tickets. Even UNLV isn't going to screw up and not mail 15,000 people their tickets.

I've never been charged so much for "fees" as with the purchase of my Vegas tickets and the priority mail fee I was forced to pay really pissed me off. I want my tickets. They've had my money for nearly a month.

The priority mail thing is irritating. But to add some perspective, I believe parking is included, so that is something that people won't have to pay for at the venue (I know, I know - if you're walking from Siena Suites or catching a ride you're getting screwed). When this is taken into account it brings their fees more in line with other venues. For example, for 2 GA tix to the Rose Bowl show my total after fees was $134.70. This does not include parking, which will definitely be at least $20 and possibly even $30 making them as much as $164.70. For Vegas, 2 GAs were $152.75 after fees, including parking. So if you're parking, the Vegas tix may have actually been cheaper. But yes, having to wait so long for the tickets to arrive sucks. I guess they could avoid these type of complaints if they just didn't put the show on sale until about a month before the show, but this way at least you know you've bought tickets and can make travel plans. :D

I wonder if they are holding the tickets so that they can't be sold be scalpers in advance?
I dunno.

Tickets are still available on the secondary market with the usual caveat that they will be shipped when received from the promoter. Stubhub allows sales even if tickets are not in hand. They hold the money in escrow, the seller confirms (but can specify a ship date as late as the week of show date), and the money gets released when the tickets are confirmed delivered to the buyer.

Holding the tickets doesn't deter brokers. To the contrary, it prevents Average-Joes who have extras and don't want to sell a ticket they don't physically have from doing so. In turn, there are less tickets are "on the market," which articificially inflates demand and price, and brokers make a bundle by simply "comfirming" orders.

Everyone knew the policy going in.

I think it's stupid as well, but I knew when I bought the tickets this was the policy.

I'm not sure what policy you're referring to, but the first I heard that they would not mail the tickets until 30 or 60 days before the show (whatever the day is) was when they sent out the purchase emails.

So while everyone was aware of the fee (at the moment of purchase, not before) the assumption seemed to be that for priority shipping you would have the tickets relatively quickly.

Yeah, charging the $12 was lame, but as long as I get my ticket before the show I'm not going to worry about it.

I do check the website every couple of days though to make sure my order is stil there. :wink:
I wasn't aware you could check the web site to confirm that your order is still there. Thanks for the info. Just checked mine.

Like everyone else, I'm really pissed that they charged $12.50 for priority mail but are mailing them out so late, especially considering that I already got my PHX tickets from Ticketmaster! BOO! :angry:

Good point. I'm going to send an e-mail to say that I think this is bunk, but I'm not going to call.

Yeah, I definitely don't "need" my tickets right now. But if I am forced to pay for a premium service, then I should receive that premium service. For me, it's an issue of right and wrong, not actually needing the tickets. If they charged me for snail mail, then I wouldn't complain about it taking a long time. Or if they weren't going to charge me the premium delivery fee until they were going to mail the tickets, then again, no complaint. Is this important in the whole scheme of things? Not really. But that doesn't make it ok...I guess I just hate it when companies are allowed to get away with shady stuff... :shame:
Well said. It's not OK for them to charge for priority mail when you have to wait 4-5 months to receive the tickets.

For example, for 2 GA tix to the Rose Bowl show my total after fees was $134.70. This does not include parking, which will definitely be at least $20 and possibly even $30 ..

I don't know if it's been suggested in the rose bowl thread but you could save your $30 + a logistics nightmare, exiting the bowl's "parking lot"(golf course), by taking a free shuttle from Old Pasadena UCLA OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE - Tickets

the 6 dollar parking fee at parsons should be the same for non-UCLA games. I prefer taking the metro red-line at Union Station (downtown) to the gold-line which drops you off a block from parsons.

----------------
Facebook Events: U2 360 Tour - Las Vegas

Maybe they'll be sent priority WHEN they actually send them?
I still don't feel we should've been charged $12.50, with no other shipping options, if they're taking so long to mail them out. That's ridiculous.

I don't know if it's been suggested in the rose bowl thread but you could save your $30 + a logistics nightmare, exiting the bowl's "parking lot"(golf course), by taking a free shuttle from Old Pasadena UCLA OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE - Tickets
the 6 dollar parking fee at parsons should be the same for non-UCLA games. I prefer taking the metro red-line at Union Station (downtown) to the gold-line which drops you off a block from parsons.

I did suggest this parking idea in that thread, although I'm not sure the parking will be $6, since special event parking runs higher - i.e. parking for the Rose Bowl Game was $28.

$12.50 for shipping may not seem like a lot... but x 45,000 people = $562,500 for priority mailing that really isn't priority at all. That's quite a tidy sum that someone is sitting on for the next 5 months. I know I'd like to have the interest that's earning!

Priority mail does not mean they have to mail it now. It will still be priority when they mail it in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom