Oct. 20 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 5 major gates at U of P Stadium, Gate 1 is on the SW corner of stadium (well slightly more SSW as stadium sits slightly NW/SE in direction. Gate W (for west) is on (you guessed it) the West side, Gate 2 is on the north (NNW) end of the stadium, Gate E on the east and Gate 3 on the SE corner (which happens to be the gate I use for all Cardinals games)....therefore, Gate 2 is the furthest gate from the stage, but also the easiest way to allow us to get down to the field level, and then a mad 70 yard dash to the front of the stage....

I found this info about where the gates are for those that didnt know like myself
Entrance Gates
The two Club entrance gates will open three (3) hours in advance of kickoff for Club and Loft ticket holders.
Gila River Club West – Northwest corner. Look for the large red “W.”
Insight Club East – East side. Look for the large red “E.”
The three public entrance gates will open two (2) hours prior to kickoff.
Alltel Gate 1 – Southwest corner. Look for the large red “1.”
University of Phoenix Gate 2 – North side. Look for the large red “2.”
Budweiser Gate 3 – Southeast corner. Look for the large red “3.”

hmmm we were starting to get towards the bottom, hope it is ok I bump us up a bit:bump:

I just now realized it is August, so 2months and a couple weeks before the show:hyper: Hopefully these last couple months go fast, even though it won't be fast enough for us.

Im trying not to watch any more videos from this tour if I can help so I don't spoil it for Phoenix.

Now a question is anyone familar with supper shuttle and how they work? My friend and I are trying to figure out if it would be a good idea to use them from the airport to our hotel and back or a taxi.

look around when you get off the plane and you are walking through the terminal. it's usually in the same section as the rent-a-car stands

you'll tell the supershuttle person the hotel you're staying at and they will tell you how much it is.

usually they will wait until a bunch of people are leaving towards the same hotel or general area, but it's very convenient.

-dan

hmmm we were starting to get towards the bottom, hope it is ok I bump us up a bit:bump:

I just now realized it is August, so 2months and a couple weeks before the show:hyper: Hopefully these last couple months go fast, even though it won't be fast enough for us.

Im trying not to watch any more videos from this tour if I can help so I don't spoil it for Phoenix.

Now a question is anyone familar with supper shuttle and how they work? My friend and I are trying to figure out if it would be a good idea to use them from the airport to our hotel and back or a taxi.

SuperShuttle is probably the best option for you. A taxi to the stadium would likely cost 40-50 (at least) bucks each way, as the stadium is probably close to 20-25 miles away from Sky Harbor. If you are coming into terminal 4, the baggage claim is on the very bottom (street level ) level. Get your bags and head to the south curb (travel only goes westbound, and the stadium is westbound). This is where all of the taxis, busses, and supershuttles will pick you up. Locate a van, tell the driver your destination, and he/she will wait for others until the van is reasonably full. He/she will then drive you to your destination, but you may have to make stops along the way (to drop off others at their destination, provided their stop is between yours and the airport). I rather enjoy supershuttle if i dont want to rent a car or am going to be away from home for a few weeks. it sure beats paying to park at/near the airport. hope this helps.

there may be a supershuttle desk at the rental car areas, (which are on same level as baggage claim), if not then catch them outside as I mentioned previously.

Counting the days 'til I'll be camped out underneath this nice, big "2"

43gate2.jpg
01stadium.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom