November 25th and 26th 2010 - Mt. Smart Stadium - Auckland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow..16 until the tour leg we're been waiting years for begins again! :D

Wishing a nice set list for you guys, and if it's awesome would like it duplicated in Melbourne. Thank you :wink:

Yeah! I'll be passing on the Auckland setlist party as I want to be surprised (even if they don't change anything it will still be fun not knowing), but come one i'm pretty sure I'll end up checking the setlist from Auckland :lol:. And this thread hasn't had any action for a while, get excited all you Kiwis! :wink:

i was thinking about this thread yesterday. glad to see it bumped

i'm leaving in 12 days. once i'm there, is there anything i HAVE to see as a tourist?

How exciting! Can't wait to read your wrap on the shows there :)

l058_a3__milford_sound__ttdb.jpg

I don't remember an awful lot about my time in New Zealand (I lived there for just over a year when I was 12/13), but I do remember Milford Sound completely blowing my mind

New Zealand Tourist Attractions

bungee jump naked.

we're so close!! :hyper:

how quick has it been since the announcement (i was gonna say it seems way quicker than last time and then i remembered the gigs were postponed by like six months)!

Shouldn't have spent so much on the hotel, eh? :giggle:

I actually canceled my reservation at that Olympic Park hotel and booked 4 nights at the Hotel Marque near Central station in the Sydney CBD. This hotel is only charging me $590 AUD for 4 nights.

It's just that the costs of transpacific flights and hotel stays all add up.

If I were a wealthy American- I would fly to NZ, then fly to and stay the week in Melbourne, skip Brissie and fly back to the States, and finally fly back to Oz for the Sydney shows.:huh::yes:

I actually canceled my reservation at that Olympic Park hotel and booked 4 nights at the Hotel Marque near Central station in the Sydney CBD. This hotel is only charging me $590 AUD for 4 nights.

It's just that the costs of transpacific flights and hotel stays all add up.

If I were a wealthy American- I would fly to NZ, then fly to and stay the week in Melbourne, skip Brissie and fly back to the States, and finally fly back to Oz for the Sydney shows.:huh::yes:

Sounds like a bit of saving :up:

I've done my whole trip on a budget...and I think I've managed to do it pretty well. Although I have free accommodation in Melbourne. The Brisbane leg of the trip, I'm staying with another two people...and Sydney my father is coming. I've paid for the acom, he's done flights. (I did the tickets also)

Guess its a lot easier if you can meet up and travel with a few other crazy U2-ers.

Someone on the U2fanz website has reported that some of the containers have started to arrive at Mt Smart Stadium and that construction will start on Sunday/Monday.:hyper:

I leave a week from today. Still seems like a dream.

ME TOO :D OMG :D

This is going to be RAD, Where are you staying in Auck town Rosa?

:applaud: . . . OMG . . . so excited for you lovely lot ~ am sure you are going to have an AMAZING time :up: . . . and if you make it down my way . . . look me up ~ I don't bite . . . too hard :wink: :)

about 10 days before i go on an interference hiatus!

:ohmy: . . . :sad: . . . no set list parties for you then huh? :(

:wink:

cathay pacific 747 freighter just landed in auckland. not a regular visitor. i know some of my assumptions about what they're doing this tour have been proven wrong compared to previous tours, but i wonder if something time sensitive like, oh, i don't know, sound and video equipment are still being flown over water.

i hope so! first excursion to mt smart tomorrow too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom