North American leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

srk2fd

The Fly
I'm planning on following the guys around when they come to the US next summer - I have a feeling this will be their last BIG tour so I want to see them as much as possible. But I hate the idea of going to a concert and not knowing anyone, and I hate dragging my friends along who aren't nearly as excited as I am. Anyone else planning on multiple dates?

I was going to see them in Paris but alas none of my friends could go - and as a single guy I've always felt Paris should be reserved for a trip with a girl...

there is no shame in going to any of these gigs alone. There are almost always gatherings in each city where the shows are. I have made most of my friends on here by traveling to the gigs by myself. :D

And Paris, I did it as a single girl and it wasn't horrible! Don't ever let your single status hold you back!

:wave:

I'm a big fan of doing stuff on my own - no use in not going at all just because you don't have someone to go with you.

Check this site and U2.com to see if there will be any fan get-togethers the night before the shows - maybe you can at least meet some fellow fans, which helps ease the pain of not being able to share the concert with someone else. :)

A number of Interferencers are planning multiple dates. I am only doing 2 myself....Toronto and Minneapolis.:wink: You will see that if you go into the threads for the shows you are interested in and introduce yourself, when next year rolls around, you will know some fellow fans! the threads are also a great way to find out which hotels people are staying at, and where the get togethers are!:D

Check this site and U2.com to see if there will be any fan get-togethers the night before the shows - maybe you can at least meet some fellow fans, which helps ease the pain of not being able to share the concert with someone else. :)

Be careful, srk2fd, this one is hell-bent on getting you and everyone else to Seattle. Be on your guard.

I'm planning on following the guys around when they come to the US next summer - I have a feeling this will be their last BIG tour so I want to see them as much as possible. But I hate the idea of going to a concert and not knowing anyone, and I hate dragging my friends along who aren't nearly as excited as I am. Anyone else planning on multiple dates?

I was going to see them in Paris but alas none of my friends could go - and as a single guy I've always felt Paris should be reserved for a trip with a girl...

I'm in the same boat as you pretty much. I didn't bother to ask my friends to go, since I already knew what the answer would be.
I've seen U2 3 times, gone alone each time, and honestly I probably had a better time going alone than with friends who are not as crazy about them as me.

I don't expect them to be thrilled to get in line with me at like 5am (2am if it's the Lansing show!).

Thanks for the tips guys...I'm the kind of person who hates going to a movie alone, let alone flying somewhere and getting in line early for a concert - alone.

The rumors about rehearsals have me foaming at the mouth to see this show though -

It's easier to randomly make friends with people in line/next to you in GA at U2 shows than almost anywhere else. :) Often when you're with friends you don't really talk to other people.

I have tickets for 11 of the North American shows. I'm not sure if I'm going to all of them, but it's possible, depending on what else is going on in my life at the time. It's hard for me to plan a full year in advance right now. I'll be going to all of them alone.

I have tickets to 10 of them too, but 2 of them I already sold or have someone who has them spoken for.

It's two shows, I know I can't go to. I had them from the postponed dates.

Oh, I see. :)

I'm just acquiring tickets right and left, heh, I was happy with Denver/SLC, Anaheim, and here, but then, Montreal! And now, magically, Chicago and Toronto and Edmonton! I don't know if I'll be able to do 'em all and won't for a looong time, heh.

Back
Top Bottom