No Seattle? Seriously?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stunned that the band are playing Oklahoma for the first time since 1983 while skipping so many significant markets, but planning for 2010 must clearly be fairly well advanced and those markets will hopefully get gigs in the end.

Okl and Zagreb and the "we're going to new places" cities that'll be used in press releases.

That and Bono can belt out "Oklahoma"(from the musical) during the middle breakdown part of Get Your Boots On.

The difference between Zagreb and Oklahoma is that Zagreb is somewhere U2 should've been playing on the last two tours, while not many people would've really shed a tear if the War Tour gig in Norman had proven to be the last gig U2 ever played in Oklahoma.

I live in Seattle and am wondering if I should wait to use my presale code next year in hopes U2 will come to Seattle or do I use it this year and travel somewhere? For Vertigo, you only got one presale code for the entire tour/all legs - is this correct? I think it was, but I can't seem to remember.

I live in Seattle and am wondering if I should wait to use my presale code next year in hopes U2 will come to Seattle or do I use it this year and travel somewhere? For Vertigo, you only got one presale code for the entire tour/all legs - is this correct? I think it was, but I can't seem to remember.

yeah that's whats a bitch about them not releasing all the dates at once, it really screws up your planning.

what about Portland? do u thin they'll stop in portland?

Portland doesn't have a stadium of any kind, so no. PGE Park (the minor league baseball stadium) doesn't count. On PopMart they played at Autzen in Eugene but I think there were noise issues so now the UO student government isn't allowed to book shows at Autzen anymore.

Portland doesn't have a stadium of any kind, so no. PGE Park (the minor league baseball stadium) doesn't count. On PopMart they played at Autzen in Eugene but I think there were noise issues so now the UO student government isn't allowed to book shows at Autzen anymore.

if there was ever a group to give an exception....

Especially if it becomes well known that it's the only option in the state.

if there was ever a group to give an exception....

Especially if it becomes well known that it's the only option in the state.

But I think it was their PopMart show that caused the noise complaints in the first place.

Philly, Seattle, and the Bay Area seem like the biggest omissions.

I also wonder about the stretch of Southern shows that includes Charlottesville, Tampa, Raleigh, etc. Those haven't always been the strongest markets for U2.

trying to be positive about this since many countries don't even get a chance to see them live but no bay area shows bums me out. not everyone is in a position to be able to travel to shows (luckily I am but many of my friends have families and can't afford it). hopefully we get some local love next year.

I'd give an eye, an arm, and maybe even a leg to see U2 play Autzen. OMG that would be FANTASTIC!

They won't play Portland, that's for sure. I'm hoping for either Seattle (where I used to live and have friends to crash with) or Denver (where I'm from) for the second US leg of the tour. I've got the first leg covered with a trip to Dublin! Yahoo!

You bumped this thread and made me think they announced a late-breaking Seattle show.

You are now my sworn enemy.

:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom