No Miami Date? Seriously.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yucko

Babyface
No show in south Florida for that matter and it's one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country. What the hell? Any chances they'll add it? Not a big fan of stadium tours. Definitely prefer arena's.

There are some big gaps in the schedule so they will definately add more dates but whether they will be in new stadiums which haven't been in todays announcement remains to be seen but I suspect they will be additional dates in stadiums which have already been announced as to only have one show in London and Dublin doesn't make sense to me.

They have had no problem selling out Philly in the past, as well as Miami.

Maybe there still working some things out with the stadiums and the NFL schedules

I think so too. It was just shocking not to see Philly on there as well as a few others.

This is a real bummer!! maybe the dolphins are tentatively scheduled to play on Sunday Oct 11th at Dolphin stadium? so that's why they can't play Miami. The diolphins schedule hasn't been released yet. Maybe when it does and they're playing away that weekend, we get Miami Added? We gotta hope. It seems crazy that Miami/Sth florida with over 12 million people won't get a gig but what do I know!!!

It's hard to believe that large sities such as Philly, Miami & Seattle get skipped over while hillbilly heaven Norman,Oklahoma gets a show. So does Charlottesville, VA. Only 1 show in California and none in the northern bay area where there are probably 3-4 different stadiums to choose from? Thats some crazy ass tour planning. It just doesn't sound logical.

It's hard to believe that large sities such as Philly, Miami & Seattle get skipped over while hillbilly heaven Norman,Oklahoma gets a show. So does Charlottesville, VA. Only 1 show in California and none in the northern bay area where there are probably 3-4 different stadiums to choose from? Thats some crazy ass tour planning. It just doesn't sound logical.

You really believe that final itinerary was posted, don't you?

BTW, there's also no Santa Clause.

You're going to get shows in some of these markets. Relax. True, it could be 2010, but just because one lives in Miami or Philly doesn't mean U2 is required to go there first. Buy a 150.00 round trip ticket on Southwest and go see them in Norman if it bothers you that much. And party with the hillbillies. They are good people. And don't forget it's not a final list...

I admit I'd be really disappointed if they didn't hit my city but at the same time I hope the dates the posted is it for the tour so that they can get out the next album quicker.

I wasn't expecting Pittsburgh on the first North American leg, but the odd scheduling overall doesn't exactly leave me feeling warm and tingly for a Pittsburgh date next year.

The final schedule for the tour will probably look like this:

June 30- Barcelona
July 1- Barcelona
July 3- Seville
July 5- ?
July 7- Milan
July 8- Milan
July 11- Paris
July 12- Paris
July 15- Nice
July 18- Berlin
July 20- Amsterdam
July 21- Amsterdam
July 24- Dublin
July 25- Dublin
July 27- Dublin
July 29- ?
July 31- Gothenburg
August 1- Gothenburg (?)
August 3- Gelsenkirchen
August 4- Gelsenkirchen (?)
August 6- Chorzow
August 8- ?
August 10- Zagreb
August 14- London
August 15- London
August 18- Glasgow
August 20- Sheffield
August 22- Cardiff

September 12- Chicago
September 13- Chicago
September 16- Toronto
September 17- Toronto
September 20- Boston
September 21- Boston
September 24- New York
September 25- New York
September 27- New York (?)
September 29- Washington D.C.
October 1- Charlottesville
October 3- Raleigh
October 6- Atlanta
October 9- Tampa
October 12- Dallas
October 14- Houston
- Large Gap ?? -
October 19- Norman, OK
October 20- Phoenix
October 23- Las Vegas
October 25- Los Angeles
October 26- Los Angeles
October 28- Vancouver

The final schedule for the tour will probably look like this:

June 30- Barcelona
July 1- Barcelona
July 3- Seville
July 5- ?
July 7- Milan
July 8- Milan
July 11- Paris
July 12- Paris
July 15- Nice
July 18- Berlin
July 20- Amsterdam
July 21- Amsterdam
July 24- Dublin
July 25- Dublin
July 27- Dublin
July 29- ?
July 31- Gothenburg
August 1- Gothenburg (?)
August 3- Gelsenkirchen
August 4- Gelsenkirchen (?)
August 6- Chorzow
August 8- ?
August 10- Zagreb
August 14- London
August 15- London
August 18- Glasgow
August 20- Sheffield
August 22- Cardiff

September 12- Chicago
September 13- Chicago
September 16- Toronto
September 17- Toronto
September 20- Boston
September 21- Boston
September 24- New York
September 25- New York
September 27- New York (?)
September 29- Washington D.C.
October 1- Charlottesville
October 3- Raleigh
October 6- Atlanta
October 9- Tampa
October 12- Dallas
October 14- Houston
- Large Gap ?? -
October 19- Norman, OK
October 20- Phoenix
October 23- Las Vegas
October 25- Los Angeles
October 26- Los Angeles
October 28- Vancouver

Some of the added show may be spaced out more to take pressure off of Bono singing back to back nights so often.

I'm moving to Miami in April to study there. It makes me extremely sad to see that there's no Miami on that list. When they went to my country to play I wasn't in the country so I couldn't attend the show, and just as I finally go to the US they don't set a date for the city I'm in. Talk about being lucky. I thought they loved Miami. I really, really, REALLY hope this changes. I'm sad right now. :sad:

Tampa is not that far away. Stop whining and take a bus.
Or jump into my Miami to Tampa party-mobile. :wink:

If they don't come to Miami this year, they'll probably come back next year and that's fine by me. Prolong the magic!

I'm not whining I just don't have enough money for busses and all. Hopefully I won't have to miss a class or something.
Hey, watch out I might take that ride! :wink:

They HAVE to go to Miami and they HAVE to play the song Miami there and they HAVE to shout my name and dedicate me songs from the stage. I just know that's totally gonna happen! :pray:

They are not playing my city either in California but I am not crying. U2 decided to hit the stadiums on this tour and they are probably playing it safer compared to PopMart where they played almost every corner in the USA and many of those nights were almost empty. I rather go see them play in a packed sold-out stadium than having them come to my city and seeing them in an almost empty stadium.

U2 has not toured many places in the world and still you have fans hopping on a plane to see them somewhere else and enjoy the show and meeting other fans from around the world. I find it interesting to hear people complaining about an hour or two drive to another city.

I think it's a combination of the NFL and cold weather. They want to keep it in football stadiums. e.g. the new Dallas stadium was announced, but a Cowboys VP said it is not official yet. Some portions of the NFL schedule are still tentative, and they usually finalize it in late March or so.

Believe it or not. It could also be that the Flordia marlins Blocked off that weekend INCASE they make it to the playoffs :reject: :lol::lol:

I don't think that anyone is complaining. I think everyone is a little upset that they choose to skip the obvious places for different ones. I always thought that it would be a given that they would come to Miami, Philly and SF/Oakland.

For those who think we are complaining not everyone has the financial means and time to travel 2-3hours to see a show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom