No Bay Area Dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popmart Shopper

War Child
Apparrantly it looks like there will be no Bay Area dates at least in the 2009 portion of the tour.Maybe they will revisit Ca in 2010 but I want to see U2 this fall.I wonder if this is due to the Bay Area truly not having a venue to house this kind of production stage with the audience all the way around.I notice they are playing alot of NFL only staduims vs Oakland Staduim where they house the A's and the Raiders.SF has AT T park where the Giants play but U2's manager Paul has said they wont be playing baseball staduims.Though there is Candlestick Park where the 49ers play.Is that big enough?​

That doesn't sound right. Maybe they are still trying to figure out the venue? There are college stadiums that would work, Memorial Stadium or Stanford Stadium. You just have to work around the college's schedules.

Otherwise, roadtrip! Pasadena is nice in October :)

That doesn't sound right. Maybe they are still trying to figure out the venue? There are college stadiums that would work, Memorial Stadium or Stanford Stadium. You just have to work around the college's schedules.

Otherwise, roadtrip! Pasadena is nice in October :)

Your absolutely right.I usually go to LA once a year and it's usually in the spring or the fall.I can imagine Breathe under the nice fall night.

Honestly there must be Bay Area dates. They either haven't figured them out yet, or they will be on the next leg. :(

Yeah I dont know though. Mindy is in Vegas but all you guys are in LA.. tough decision.

It is, Lila.

I can see most of us going to Vegas anyway....we can hang with M and go to that Irish pub at New York New York

from wiki:

The stadium was completed in 1971 at a cost of $3.5 million. It was originally known as Las Vegas Stadium. The name wacases changed to the Las Vegas Silver Bowl in 1978 and then Sam Boyd Silver Bowl in 1984 and finally in April 1994 to Sam Boyd Stadium. The seating capacity was 15,000 from 1971 until 1977. The capacity was raised to 32,000 in 1978 and then to 36,800 in 1999.

The Rose Bowl is like 100k - I was there 2 yrs ago for the Rose Bowl - HUGE.

so who's planning on road-tripping to LA beside me?

:wave:
Me. I live in Sacramento.

I was planning to drive down to LA anyway, but I was really hoping for SF/Oakland too. They can't just skip all of northern CA, can they? There must be at least one show here on the next leg.

I'm also hoping they'll add a second LA show. If I'm going to be driving seven hours, I at least want to see more than one show.

Vegas will be a much better venue to see them at than Pasadena. I saw the Popmart show at Sam Boyd Stadium and it's a nice, small stadium. The Rose Bowl is a major pain to get in and out of. Fortunately it's on a weekend, but if they get their second show, it would be on a Monday.

September/October is the absolute worst time to try a book a show in Oakland--it's overlap time (during both baseball and football season.) If the A's stink this year there's a chance you could book a weekend in October, but you wouldn't know that until August-September at earliest.

None of us could remember a show at Candlestick Park since Metallica in 2003, that was a couple of names ago for that place, no? :hmm: But why not?

Stanford would be great--an honest-to-goodness "I'd sit in any seat and be happy venue." But that's got a small capacity and a high NIMBY factor. So does Cal-Berkeley (NIMBY, that is.)

so who's planning on road-tripping to LA beside me?

:wave:

Yah Im going on a road trip to LA.Probably a visit to Disneyland while I'm there.If the Dodgers make the World Series it will be around that time too.WOW I may have to go down for the whole weekend.Maybe drive down on a Thursday and come back on Mon.

I think we should just give it some more time. There is NO WAY they can leave out the Bay Area.. seriously.

No San Francisco / Oakland stop on the U2 360 2009 North American leg?

I am excited about the tour announcement but disappointed to not see a San Francisco / Oakland stop... (I know it will probably be covered by the 2010 leg.) Does anyone know when will the remaining North America U2 360 dates and venues be finalized and announced?

Wost case, assuming I can get a ticket, I am thinking of driving down to Los Angeles to catch the Rose Bowl show on October 25...

-Cyril

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom