May, 29, 2011 Canad Inns Stadium - Winnipeg, MB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully there's a Tim Hortons in that mall :sexywink:

I'll be there bright and early too. If there's still a good chance that I can get a good spot in the pit getting there at 6am I'll line up with you. I wanna try and be as centered as possible a few rows back from the front. I think that'll be perfect because then you can see everyone and you're in between the bridges as well.

The nearest Tim's to the stadium is about 2 or so blocks north on St James street. There is a Starbucks in the mall and the popcorn at the theatre is excellent. :drool:

I'm thinking of lining up around 4 or 5 (probably 5). The people who are usually at the front of the line are the out of town U2 fans who camp out and are equipped for that sort of thing. I'm not sleeping on the street the night before even if it is for Bono.

Besides, my parents would murder me if I did so considering Winnipeg's reputation

The nearest Tim's to the stadium is about 2 or so blocks north on St James street. There is a Starbucks in the mall and the popcorn at the theatre is excellent. :drool:

I'm thinking of lining up around 4 or 5 (probably 5). The people who are usually at the front of the line are the out of town U2 fans who camp out and are equipped for that sort of thing. I'm not sleeping on the street the night before even if it is for Bono.

Besides, my parents would murder me if I did so considering Winnipeg's reputation

FYI...I did Toronto last year and lined up around 11 AM. I think we were 350th in line or something like that.

We ended up in the outside of the inner ring DEAD center. Bono must've walked by or stood 7 feet from us like a dozen times. It was nuts! I'm bringing my wife this year so I'm getting actual seats...but I'd do GA again in a heartbeat!

Thanks for that!

I think I may do Red Zone. I just realized I have to WORK the next day and since everyone will know where I was the night before, calling in "sick" is not an option :reject:

Just remember, Red Zone can skyrocket right before the auction ends. I ended up paying $255 for my EDGEmonton ones ;)

You've just gotta decide how much spending 3/4 of the day in line is worth to you :)

Another note...we bought $3 folding chairs at the dollar store the day before...they took those away from us around 3 PM :sad: It was either sit on the cement floor or stand the rest of the night. My legs have NEVER been so sore as they were at the end of the show...and I wore "proper" footwear!

Anyone have a detailed seating chart? I'm pretty sure seat numbers start at 1 on the right of each section...but I'm wondering how many seats are in each section. I looked at the stadium's website and couldn't find anything.

Well for whoever is gonna be in the GA line up early, I'll be there :shifty:

We can party!

I'll be there....nice and early!!!

You've just gotta decide how much spending 3/4 of the day in line is worth to you :)

Another note...we bought $3 folding chairs at the dollar store the day before...they took those away from us around 3 PM :sad: It was either sit on the cement floor or stand the rest of the night. My legs have NEVER been so sore as they were at the end of the show...and I wore "proper" footwear!

I've started working out to prepare for my GA experiences again. I'll pay good money if someone brings me a chair. I'm hopping off a plane and won't have one at my disposal :(

What time are you arriving? There is a mall right across the street. If not, I could pick one up for you! :D

What time are you arriving? There is a mall right across the street. If not, I could pick one up for you! :D

Wow... That would be fantastic. I arrive at the airport on Saturday at 6:17PM. I dunno how long it would take for me to go from the airport to the stadium.

I am lining up at about 6 am Sunday morning, but I could meet you in line if you are there earlier and drop off a chair! I think we are hitting a pub that night! The airport isn't that far from the stadium at all!

ETA: U2 fans are so great! I hope you come and say hi to us suckers in line Edgefest!

Wow... That would be fantastic. I arrive at the airport on Saturday at 6:17PM. I dunno how long it would take for me to go from the airport to the stadium.

The stadium is not that far from the airport, brother! But you should make the trip to downtown for the pre-show party :D

And good god Edgefest you should see the wind storm we're having right now. I'm praying for snow. At least snow doesn't hurt as hard as rain when it's whipped by the wind

I know the winds you are going through, HC. They howled all night last night and blew massive snowdrifts onto my street, I got stuck backing out of my driveway and barely made it down the street (I wouldnt' have if I didn't leave early and gun it down the street to make it through the banks).

Ah, prairie life. Shite, isn't it?!

So yes, my friends. We got a massive BLIZZARD on October 27th with a foot of snow... it is not probable, but it is very possible it snows on May 29th... :lol:

BROTHR, we'll keep in touch. We are staying at the Airport Hilton so will be right there, and I would very gladly come and pick you up from the airport and give you a ride to your hotel/to the pub etc.

If it snows this weekend, I'm going to go take pictures of the exterior of the stadium. It'll give you a preview of the show night :hmm:

WON RED ZONE - WOOT!

However I am just a wee bit disappointed I got RZ2. Adam, I love ya, but but but...

Still, I am stoked regardless.

Any Adam peeps want to trade with us? :D

WON RED ZONE - WOOT!

However I am just a wee bit disappointed I got RZ2. Adam, I love ya, but but but...

Still, I am stoked regardless.

Any Adam peeps want to trade with us? :D

This is mine from RZ2 in Vegas. Edge does come over once or twice.

DSCF0983.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom