May, 29, 2011 Canad Inns Stadium - Winnipeg, MB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still pulling GAs at 1:30pm today...
that's rather shocking, but it looks like the cheap seats in the AA behind-the-stage section are finally about to sell out, which means the GA price level will probably see a bit more action now

Here is 2 hours into sales. Really good sales so far, kinda funny that GA is still available but they'll probably be gone in a few hours. Multiples means I could pull up pairs of tickets, singles only one so basically that price level is sold out.

May 29 Winnipeg Canad Inns Stadium
$252 east side multiples
$252 west side multiples
$99 east side lower singles
$99 east side upper singles
$99 west side lower singles
$99 west side upper singles
$59 GA Red Zone sold out
$59 GA Floor multiples
$59 north end zone multiples
$45 east side upper sold out
$45 north end zone sold out
$45 south end stands multiples
$45 west side upper sold out

Here is 2 hours into sales. Really good sales so far, kinda funny that GA is still available but they'll probably be gone in a few hours. Multiples means I could pull up pairs of tickets, singles only one so basically that price level is sold out.

$252 east side multiples
$252 west side multiples
$59 GA Red Zone sold out
$59 GA Floor multiples

I think the only $45 seats were/are at the south end stands?

Also the Red Zones are by auction (ending Wednesday) and are currently on a min. bid of just C$80.

i.e. I don't think any category is sold out just yet. I guess it is just a programming problem with TM that allowed you to request Red Zone at $59 and North, East & West $45 seats.

$252 east side multiples
$252 west side multiples
$59 GA Red Zone sold out
$59 GA Floor multiples

Glad to see sales are going so well (now that I've secured my tickets)! There were still a ton of seats in Edmonton when I was looking...but they have a MUCH larger venue. Can anyone comment on how annoying the claw can be if one of the legs is blocking your view of the stage?

Glad to see sales are going so well (now that I've secured my tickets)! There were still a ton of seats in Edmonton when I was looking...but they have a MUCH larger venue. Can anyone comment on how annoying the claw can be if one of the legs is blocking your view of the stage?

From what I heard, the legs don't block the view. They're pretty skinny most of the way up.

From what I heard, the legs don't block the view. They're pretty skinny most of the way up.

Yep - really not an issue. I've had a claw leg in the way before now but you can almost duck your head around it and the band are so mobile that you just don't notice the moments they are behind. Also you have that huge video screen for those moments!

Any seats that would be really obstructed are not sold anyway - you usually see black drapes over them at the venues.

Yep - really not an issue. I've had a claw leg in the way before now but you can almost duck your head around it and the band are so mobile that you just don't notice the moments they are behind. Also you have that huge video screen for those moments!

Any seats that would be really obstructed are not sold anyway - you usually see black drapes over them at the venues.

Thx for the response paulrg. In that case, I'm really really happy with my tickets. I just find it SO weird that both sections on either side of me are paying $275/seat while we're only paying $111. May 29th can't come soon enough...

Yeah, again, don't worry about obstruction being unbearable. I imagine they would get TONS of shit from anyone who bought $250 tix if they lost sight of Bono for 3 seconds, which is why they sell those ones with "occasional" obstruction for $90 ;)

CTV was just mentioning that all reserved seats were sold but floor was still available.

It's going to be an OLD crowd in the stands. We need some young blood on the floor :D

hmmm. i originally wanted seats for this show to see a different prespective (5 of my 7 were GA's in 2009), but now that i could get a redzone for $80 is making me 2nd guess. is this a different unique prespective worth trying?

hmmm. i originally wanted seats for this show to see a different prespective (5 of my 7 were GA's in 2009), but now that i could get a redzone for $80 is making me 2nd guess. is this a different unique prespective worth trying?

It's a confirmed spot on the floor with about 150-200 people and you have a perfect view of the screen AND the stage. Even if you are standing near the back, it's still damn close. The only problem I had with it is after the encore, Bono doesn't work the outer runway as much.

Define young....:shifty:

Those who are going to go for inner circle :D

I'm hoping this show's audience is better than the last time u2 were here. I've heard so many people say the audience was so dead that night and the band let it affect their performance :(

I am definitely going for inner circle! The pit is going to ROCK!!!!!:rockon:

The thought of queuing extremely early for inner circle is tempting me away from Red Zone. :drool:

I am counting on the old people of Winnipeg to not line up early so that I get a great pit spot!:shifty:

I will be there early morning. I plan on about 6 am. :wink: I just like the thought of being anywhere in the pit. That way, if you have to go to the bathroom or whatever, at least you get back inside, even if your don't get your exact spot! We are going to rock that pit so much, the band won't notice if the stands are lame!:shifty:

It is a different kind of crowd...Winnipeg isn't a big metropolis like Vancouver or Toronto.

I need to mention that across the street from the GA line is a movie theatre (washrooms and popcorn..YAY!) and a mall! So running to get something to eat will be super easy!:up:

Rednecks are everywhere!:lol:

I could be totally wrong, but I just think Winnipeg is more of a laid back crowd.

Haha, you're right about that! I meant more like, when I went to Houston, I took my pinko commie buttons off my bag because I didn't know who'd give me a hard time while packing. XD XD

Waaait though, I think my aunt and uncle go to a bluegrass festival in Winnipeg(?) every year? So maybe it's a hippie town.

Awesome sales for Winnipeg so far after 14 hours of going onsale.

$252 east side multiples
$252 west side singles
$59 GA Red Zone sold out
$59 GA Floor multiples
$45 south end stands singles

I've seen the show from all 4 sides. I enjoy getting the different perspectives. My favorite is straight-on from a ways back--it's cool to see the whole stage and the crowd.

I am counting on the old people of Winnipeg to not line up early so that I get a great pit spot!:shifty:

I will be there early morning. I plan on about 6 am. :wink: I just like the thought of being anywhere in the pit. That way, if you have to go to the bathroom or whatever, at least you get back inside, even if your don't get your exact spot! We are going to rock that pit so much, the band won't notice if the stands are lame!:shifty:

Hopefully there's a Tim Hortons in that mall :sexywink:

I'll be there bright and early too. If there's still a good chance that I can get a good spot in the pit getting there at 6am I'll line up with you. I wanna try and be as centered as possible a few rows back from the front. I think that'll be perfect because then you can see everyone and you're in between the bridges as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom