May 24 2011, Rice Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone coming from out of state to see the SLC show, plan to bring a jacket!

Gonna be a little chilly, but hopefully, it won't rain!!!

Either way, it will be an amazing and very intimate show!

Sheesh, that's terrible. Hope they don't see the huge number of empty seats and decide Utah will never be visited again.

The remaining seats are pretty evenly distributed amongst the sections so I don't think it will be too noticeable. 100 to 200 seats avail per section.

There are a ton of single seats left, which I assume would be hard to sell, but which will also not be too noticeable as empty because they are spread out. I don't see why Smithstix couldn't have done a better job of selling the seats in blocks to avoid having so many single seats remaining. Who wants to go by themselves? (Maybe the rescheduled date caused this).

There a couple large blocks of seats open near the bottoms of a couple sections, (probably the higher priced areas that didn't sell).

I'm not too worried about it looking empty, but we'll see. As I mentioned, I think the reschedule really hurt ticket sales of this show. I almost guarantee it would be a sellout if it was still the opening show of the US leg.

This damn rain better clear up by Tuesday though!

I can't decide whether to take TRAX to the stadium or not. Its very nice to get dropped right off at the stadium, but can be extremely crowded afterwards. The friends I'm going with live in Sugarhouse, so we may just drive and park from there.

^Dear U2inUtah, I would guess from your username that you are, indeed, a Utah native!

Could you please tell me more about the North Salt Lake-Bountiful area (about 8 miles north of Uni of Utah)? I'm looking at a hotel there for a couple of days. Most importantly, is it a safe area? Touristy/Industrial/Residential?

Thanks very much!

Bountiful and North Salt Lake are both suburbs of Salt Lake, mostly residential, and are pretty nice and safe, especially Bountiful. You should be fine. Most of the tourist areas are closer to downtown SLC...Temple Square, etc.

Enjoy your stay! Lets hope all of this rain clears before the show.

Thanks, but I have instead booked a room at Sky Harbor Suites. (W North Temple) Hope this place is safe too? It is closer to Uni of Utah (Rice Eccles Stadium!!) and the airport.

Yeah, I hope the weather holds up! Google weather says that now it's gonna rain in Denver on Sat too :(

Thanks, but I have instead booked a room at Sky Harbor Suites. (W North Temple) Hope this place is safe too? It is closer to Uni of Utah (Rice Eccles Stadium!!) and the airport.

Yeah, I hope the weather holds up! Google weather says that now it's gonna rain in Denver on Sat too :(

That will be extremely close to the airport, I believe. We've had some business partners at work stay in that general area (can't remember which hotel) a few times when visiting the US, and they've liked how quiet it is. You'll probably need to take a shuttle or taxi to downtown, but I assume they'll have that kind of service easily available. I don't know 100%, as I've never been there, but it should be completely safe if it's in the area I think it's in.

PLEASE let the rain stop!!!! Someone, anyone, please! :wink:

TRAX running late that evening?

Anyone know if TRAX is running late that evening? On their website, the last westbound train that will reach the city center hotels) on the weekday schedule seems to leave at 10:53 PM, unless I am missing something

Thanks u2popmofo, this would be good for me to get to the airport and the concert, but slightly inconvenient to go downtown sightseeing. But that's ok :wave:

YouTube - ‪blitzburwell's Channel‬‏

Shows how this may indeed be the most intimate show of the tour, the stage makes the stadium look quite small. Not a bad seat in the house.

47,000 with another 10,000 is hardly 'intimate', but if you want to say that, CanadInns wins the prize up in Winnipeg holding 30,000 (42,000 with temp seating for football, but I don't think they've put that many temps in for U2)

47,000 with another 10,000 is hardly 'intimate', but if you want to say that, CanadInns wins the prize up in Winnipeg holding 30,000 (42,000 with temp seating for football, but I don't think they've put that many temps in for U2)

Yes, but as UiU put it, only about half the stadium is sold out ticket wise. Factor in people who potentially don't realize they can use their tickets from a year ago and people who won't show up because of the weather, and it will likely be quite "intimate".

Regardless, hopefully this storm dies hard ASAP.

The forecast now says scattered thunder storms. Perfect for sitting outside all day. :|

Yes, but as UiU put it, only about half the stadium is sold out ticket wise. Factor in people who potentially don't realize they can use their tickets from a year ago and people who won't show up because of the weather, and it will likely be quite "intimate".

Regardless, hopefully this storm dies hard ASAP.

Good, I hope the GA line won't be as intense at other "more hyped about" cities, then :hyper:

I live in Utah County, but part of me wants to make a trip to SLC tonight just to drive past the stadium to take a looksie. :laugh:

I live in Utah County, but part of me wants to make a trip to SLC tonight just to drive past the stadium to take a looksie. :laugh:

Same here! I actually think I may do that with some friends...see if we can hear some of the techs soundchecking tonight.

Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't remember to mention this until now!

I'm planning to propose to my girlfriend at the show tomorrow night :love: :hug:

It will be her first U2 show and she is already really excited for it. I've been getting her ready for it by having us watch all the U2 concert DVDs and just listening to U2 non-stop for the past several months.

I think it will be a really special night for us. :D I can't wait for With or Without You (one of our special songs)

Not a bad idea...plus I could scout out GA spots and parking and such.

I'm getting pretty dang excited for tomorrow! :hyper:

I went by it on the shuttle on the way to the University Guest House - you can see the top over the stadium, and as you pass the open end you can see a lot of it! It pretty much dwarfs that end of the stadium :lol: For anyone who's staying at the Guest House, it says in the Guest Services book that there's a shuttle that goes everywhere on campus every 15 mins from 6am to 6pm, and night service every 30mins from 6pm - 11:30pm (Red shuttle is the one that services the Guest House at night.)

Is anyone going to that bar event listed earlier in the thread? I'd love to meet up with some other interferencers there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom