May 21, 2011 - Invesco Field - Denver, CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Rocks is part of the all-day tour I am taking Sunday around the mountains, can't go to Denver to see U2 and not go on the pilgrimage, can we? :)

No, you can't. I did that the first time I travelled to Denver to see U2 in '85 for the Unforgettable Fire tour. I left my prescription Ray Bans there, too...so if you see them. :)

Anyone else think we'll hear a special performance of Last Night on Earth in Denver? It is the day of rapture after all. :)

TDarby719 said:
Hey Dan... what day are you coming in? I'm in on Monday with plans to go to Hard Rock. It would be nice to cross paths again and say hello to you. Todd :up:

Hey Todd! I am flying in Friday morning. It would be great to say hi to you too.

I grabbed that invest screenshot and FB'd it. Very cool!

LPU2 said:
Anyone else think we'll hear a special performance of Last Night on Earth in Denver? It is the day of rapture after all. :)

That would be AMAZING if they did. :hyper: Until the end of the world will be performed extra great (as will the last verse of ISHFWILF)

trojanchick99 said:
The good news is that it isn't technically the end of the world, just the Rapture. So the "good" people all go to Jesus while the rest of us stay on earth until October 21st.

Moral of this story: Sin your black little hearts out to make sure you can see U2 this summer.

Are you implying Edge won't be saved??

Been a while since I've posted/ been online :reject: :wave:.... I'm almost packed & totally stoked! Been a L O N G time comin'! Flying in Thursday and hooking up with other fan friends for 4-5 days. 1 more sleep, WHOOHOO! *can't wait*

Doubtful. But bank on Until The End Of The World. :D

If the setlists from Mexico are any indication, Until the End will be played no matter what, but I thought I heard someone say that they heard U2 rehearse Last Night on Earth in Mexico. If that's true, it could be for Denver.

Just think it strikes the right tone with this joker of a preacher. Plus, it fits with the whole "TIME" theme.

"Slipping away
(The clock tells her that time is slipping)

Slip sliding...tonight
(Minute hands and seconds sticking)"

Yeah, it's a long shot, just saying I wouldn't be too surprised.

I'm hoping for a special performance & songs given the long delays and it'd be great to hear that! :applaud: I have a long list! :lol:

FYI w/ the rapture - Could be that our boys get uplifted.... ;)

End Times Math: The Equation That Predicts May 21 Judgment Day
End Times Math: The Equation That Predicts May 21 Judgment Day - Yahoo! News

Camping has since reworked his equations in such a way that they now point to a May 21, 2011 Rapture. Once the 200 million true Christians (in Camping's estimation) have been whisked away this coming Saturday, he says hell on Earth will ensue and last for 5 months, until Oct. 21, at which point the world will end.

I also have to wonder if there will be some sort of contact with the space shuttle, since the astronauts will be at the space station at the time. And then you consider Gabby Giffords, her Beautiful Day request for her husband astronaut, and U2's recent comments about gun violence....just thinking out loud...:)

Let's keep setlist discussions to the Setlist forum Spoiler Alert thread. There are people who are trying to remain unspoiled. Thanks!! :)

TDarby719 said:
Right on Dan. You doin Hard Rock or the casual mode? Yep, very cool shot.

I'm not sure if I'm going to the hard rock. It depends how far it is from the hotel. I would like to if that's where everyone is going to be.

Did u guys see the photo of the erect claw in the Stadium? Search U2 Claw Denver on twitter - Their soccer team or whatever posted some pix

Anyone have any tips on parking/entrances? I haven't seen a show at Invesco before, and it looks like parking at the stadium is sold out now...

Anyone have any tips on parking/entrances? I haven't seen a show at Invesco before, and it looks like parking at the stadium is sold out now...

Where did you see that the parking lot is sold out? Nevermind...just saw it on the invesco website. Parking is available in various lots around the stadium for $5, $10 and $20, depending on how close to the stadium it is. There's free parking in the neighborhoods around the stadium, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom