May 21, 2011 - Invesco Field - Denver, CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I keep checking the weather... Last year it was like monsoon season or something... Of course nothing beats the thunder storm and hail in the ga line in 05... I better just hush now! ;)

Last year, if the concert would have happened, the weather WAS awful! there were frickin tornado warnings, it rained the entire weekend, and it was cold!! So I have to say I am a bit nervous about it being a month earlier this year!:huh:

Never experienced U2 in the rain before. Hope it isnt too bad. 6 days!! :hyper:

It rained when I went to the third show in La Plata. It was my very first outdoor concert in the rain.

It's kind of fun, actually. It gives the show a "magical" experience.:lol: You get to see there mechanical umbrellas pop up from underneath the stage to cover the band's equipment.

But if you don't have a poncho on, it sucks. I was wearing only a T-shirt and shorts, and I got drenched.:crack:

Earlier I squealed and the general consensus was 'the claw is in Denver huh!?'... ;) Eh I'm packing a variety heck who knows what the weather might decide to do... I'm mildly excited...

I fly in Saturday afternoon, and I think we're heading straight over there, but I'm not sure. We have seats, so no lines, but my friends are U2 live virgins and are very excited to see the band with me. They live down in castle Rock, so I doubt we'll go down there before the show.

They want to have the meet-old-friends-in-the-parking-lot experience, and I'd really like to see you, so keep your phone on. :)

Do you know if Jennifer's coming, too?

Definitely must have the traditional meet-old-friends-in-the-parking-lot experience. You can meet my big sis. :yes:

I haven't talked to Jennifer, so I don't know. I think she'd pop in here if she were going.

Totally figures, i'm starting to get a cold!
Not good, i already told work be ready for me to stay home and get better. Nothing worse then flying with a head cold :(

I'm having happy thoughts i shall be rid of this by mid week!!

Not sure how to pack for this trip, being from MN we usually sport parkas :)

HBK-79 said:
It rained when I went to the third show in La Plata. It was my very first outdoor concert in the rain.

It's kind of fun, actually. It gives the show a "magical" experience.:lol: You get to see there mechanical umbrellas pop up from underneath the stage to cover the band's equipment.

But if you don't have a poncho on, it sucks. I was wearing only a T-shirt and shorts, and I got drenched.:crack:

I'm hoping for that magical experience! My friend said she experienced No Doubt in the rain at Red Rocks and it was one of her all time favorite shows

crazyrai said:
Not good, i already told work be ready for me to stay home and get better. Nothing worse then flying with a head cold :(

Me too! I'm on a vitamin C overload. I don't want to be sick especially knowing it'll likely be wet and cold! No pneumonia for me please.

Yeah, man, I'm all sinus-headachey...hopefully it's the trees budding and that'll disappear in Denver (y'know, they have somewhat different trees? Liiike Aspen?). :/

Looks like they've got the same weather we do right now. So...at least one thick hoodie in the suitcase I'd say. And sunglasses. ;)

I still prefer "my" site for forecasts, sun all over on saturday and up til 65. :applaud: Langtidsvarsel for Denver i Colorado (USA) – yr.no

Have also experienced U2 in rain, and somehow they seem to step it up to make up for it and it has been amazing shows. But I still prefer it to be sunny and clear skies.

I'm digging the o with the line through it. ;)

I haven't been in the rain w/'em, just in nasty heat/humidity...Adam took his shirt off, hee. (that was in Houston in '09)

Forecasts that I'm seeing have it all clear by Saturday evening, which I am happy about. The five disposable emergency rain ponchos I ordered arrived today though and I will take one or two with me, just in case. ;)

Last time U2 played outside in Denver it was Popmart. May 3rd, 1997 and it was FREEEEEEZING. Supposed to be much warmer for this one, but be prepared.

Does anybody need tickets for this? I have two extra floor GAs at face. Before I actually put them on sale in that forum, thought I'd check in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom