May 14, 2011 - Estadio Azteca - Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ay yi yi - I am very torn now. I'd been hoping for this date way back when originally, but hadn't materialized, then committed to SLC and then switched to Denver. Now it has materialized but I can't use my JetBlue credit to there, otherwise I'd be hitting Mexico City in an instant. Could use some frequent flyer miles but I was eyeing the Chile/Argentina dates to use my miles on. Decisiones, decisiones...

Wow, good news :up:

I guess there will be Central/South America dates before the Mexico dates. It would make sense to play South America in the spring.

Well, this is just one more show I'll have to avoid spoilers for before the Seattle show.

:grumpy:

:wink:

Well, this is just one more show I'll have to avoid spoilers for before the Seattle show.

:grumpy:

:wink:

This!

I have to wait till the SLC show. Not as long as Seattle, but still. It's going to be very very very hard for me. Because what if they play something from POP in Mexico???!!! Oh my gosh the suspense is killing me.

Well, if they do play something totally unexpected, the bootlegs will always be there after the fact. So we've got that going for us. :wink:

Yeah! That is true.

I still have my fingers crossed that they'll drop something unexpected on us at our respective shows too, though :D

Saw the two Mexico City shows in February '06 during the Vertigo Tour -- outta sight.

It was hot inside Azteca already then in February, so it might be baking there in May. Bring a hat, water and lots of sunscreen. Don't drink alcohol or sweet colas.

Take the metro and the train to the stadium, it's safe. If you're in a group of three or four, take a cab from your hotel. There were very few foreigners there, even inside the Ellipse. It's 99% locals, so learn a few words of Spanish before you go, it helps.

Fans started the GA line three days before MC1. Edge and Bono came out and gave everyone pizzas. The stupid security staff locked the first few hundred fans inside a gate on the stadium grounds on the day of the show, cramming everyone together in line for six hours with exactly three port-o-potties for everyone to share. They finally opened the doors at 3pm, and luckily, once inside the Ellipse, everyone sat down in the hot sun and chilled until sunset.

Estadio Azteca is huge and cavernous, with large overhangs that keep the sound inside. Consequently, there's this tremendous roar from the crowd when U2 first walks onstage and when they play popular numbers, it's really quite exhilerating.

Have fun everyone :hyper:

Main Gate, just before they closed it and locked fans in for the day

2mri9vd.jpg

Estadio Azteca overhang

21177zn.jpg

4pm - Relaxing on the Cancha (Field)

9s5tow.jpg

Consequently, there's this tremendous roar from the crowd when U2 first walks onstage and when they play popular numbers, it's really quite exhilerating.

Have fun everyone :hyper:

:yes:

I was there on the first night, I don't think I'll ever forget when the band first walked onstage. Amazing crowd.

I don't have a particular memory from the weather though.

Nice pictures. :up:

:yes:

I was there on the first night, I don't think I'll ever forget when the band first walked onstage. Amazing crowd.

Totally.

Here is a (dark) clip of the intro with Wake Up. The audience could see the lads walking down this long ramp behind the stage, causing this deafening cheer which made me think a jet plane was flying overhead (see 0:32):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJtzXPHbeX4

We all need to know whether the Ireland/UK leg will happen, if so that'll be my international U2 trip, if not I'm tempted to do this... it isn't that expensive.

:hmm:

This is my birthday.

Mine is 4 days later. :D

Totally.

Here is a (dark) clip of the intro with Wake Up. The audience could see the lads walking down this long ramp behind the stage, causing this deafening cheer which made me think a jet plane was flying overhead (see 0:32):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJtzXPHbeX4

Thanks a lot for posting that vid! It gave me goose bumps.

We all need to know whether the Ireland/UK leg will happen, if so that'll be my international U2 trip, if not I'm tempted to do this... it isn't that expensive.

I was listening to the radio the other day, and they were talking about some study made in England where they listed the most Expensive cities in the world, and it turns out that Mexico City is one of the cheapest ones.

I was listening to the radio the other day, and they were talking about some study made in England where they listed the most Expensive cities in the world, and it turns out that Mexico City is one of the cheapest ones.

yeah but sometimes some bad shit happens in Mexico...

Better still- What hotels are you guys staying at?

I already saw U2 in Rome, and I'll be seeing them again in Sydney. So I can't afford another international trip (other than Canada). So I've decided to nix these shows.

yeah but sometimes some bad shit happens in Mexico...

Yeah but sometimes some bad shit happens everywhere. I can't be bothered but I wouldn't be surprised to to see a story or two about Mexicans being killed in the US.

Just curious canedge, have you been to Mexico?

Most of Mexico's violence is gang-related. I'd five weeks exploring Mexico at the end of 2009 and had a bloomin fabulous time. No hassles at all, and very friendly, welcoming people.

Has anyone else received this message from Ticketmaster? I don't arrive to Mexico City until May 10 :(

Estimado Cliente,

Debido a la gran demanda generada del evento de U2 360º TOUR que se llevará a cabo en el Estadio Azteca el día 11 de Mayo. NO TENDREMOS WILL CALL EN EL INMUEBLE EL DIA DEL EVENTO y Debido a la complejidad en la logística de un evento de esta magnitud, SUS BOLETOS SERAN CANCELADOS si no los recoge a más tardar el 09 de Mayo antes de las 20:00 horas con los siguientes requisitos:

1.- Tarjeta de crédito con la que hizo la compra. (IMPORTANTE: La tarjeta será planchada como comprobante de tarjeta presente, por lo tanto no se reciben tarjetas mini o sin embozar).
2.- Identificación oficial (únicamente credencial del IFE, cartilla, pasaporte o cédula profesional).
3.- Numero de confirmación entregada al momento de su compra.
Ver Centros Ticketmaster que entregan Will Call

Hacer caso omiso si ya recogió sus boletos.

Atención y Servicio a Clientes Ticketmaster
Tel. (01 55) 5133-1626 ó (01 55) 5325-9000 (Opción 2)
Horario de Atención:
Lunes a Viernes de 8:00 a 22:00 hrs.
Sábados de 9:00 a 21:00 hrs. y
Domingos de las 10:00 a las 19:00 hrs.

Sin otro particular y en espera de poder servirle nuevamente, reciba un cordial saludo
Muchas gracias
Atención y Servicio a Clientes
Ticketmaster México

Has anyone else received this message from Ticketmaster? I don't arrive to Mexico City until May 10 :(

Yeah, I got it too. I don't arrive in Mexico City until the 10th May either. I'll email them and see what they say ...

Yah, I received a similar email, but my tickets are "printable" (TicketFast), stating that I need to print my tickets at most two days before the day of the event. No clue why they do it this way and scare people like that... they should follow the same procedures like the ones in other countries.
Anyway, hope you get something good from contacting them
Cya.

Yeah, I got it too. I don't arrive in Mexico City until the 10th May either. I'll email them and see what they say ...

By the way, call Ticketmaster Mexico and ask them to modify the "delivery" option to set it to any Ticketmaster outlet in Mexico City (usually any Liverpool store... a big chain of stores easy to find). This way they won't cancel your tickets and you will be able to pick 'em up any day (even the day of the show). But remember, there is no will call at the Azteca Stadium, you need to pick up your tickets somewhere else.

But you need to call to set up this!

Cya all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom