June 7, 2011 - McAfee Coliseum - Oakland, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this on the stadium website

Parking gates open 2 hours prior to event start time.

2 hours that's it? Ugh so where are you supposed to park if you come earlier?

They have to open the gates sooner than that. I will reach out and see if i can get a hold of security through their little phone tree. I have tried this tactic in other venues and, depending on who ya get, we might get some good info. I'll let you know what i find out. Anyone else try to call?

Ok - so i called the venue and here is what i found out:

- $40 parking fee (confirmed). The reasoning for the increase over the recorded quote of $35 is the "overhead" based on the size of the production. Whatev, we knew the cost.

- Gates will officially open at 1:00PM however, there is a strong likelihood, based on the traffic volumes, lines, etc, that they will open sections of the parking earlier. Since it's unofficial, there is no estimated time. I suggest we all go in cars and park in street till they let us in. jk....or maybe im not.

- GA will be entering venue through Gates A and B

- Pedestrians will be allowed to enter the premises as early as 7AM, but again, cars are restricted (at this point).

biddi biddi biddi, that's all folks.

So, the only thing that is remotely helpful is that we can enter early on foot. I have NO IDEA how that will help those of us who will be coming via car or SUV and want to be there early as well.

For the veterans out there who have done this, what is the suggested park outside, wait inside, and then go back and get your car plan??? Where do we park and how do we do this? Is it as simple as parking it in BART, doing our line thing until we can get in there, and then walking over to pick up the cars and drive them in?

<http://www.bart.gov/stations/cols/map.aspx>

Good times await!

I dont think there is much street parking around there. So they said parking lots will open at 1pm?

Sicy said:
I dont think there is much street parking around there. So they said parking lots will open at 1pm?

Hey all! I just had twins a few weeks ago, but that's not stopping me from finding a sitter and doing the GA thing!

There isnt much street parking at all. You can park @ BART parking lot (Snell, 69th, etc.) depending on street cleaning schedule. For Raider games, police allow cars to line up outside parking lot gates on 66th Ave and Coliseum Way. But they will close car lines if they get too long and block intersections.

So if they are letting GA folks in at gate A and B, then there will be 2 GA lines on opposite sides of coliseum? Gate A is off of north parking lots and B is off south. Both are close to BART side of coliseum.

Last U2 concert at the arena, I parked @ 6am outside of parking lot gate on Coliseum Way, then walked over to south lot and got in GA line. Lots opened @ 9am, so I could move my car inside.

If they are saying they will let ppl on foot in early - 700am - will they have the Bart crossing open to get over to the colliseum or will they just let ppl walk in from the street level only? I am still trying to figure out the best way to get set up on the GA early and still have access to my car.

Officially, according to the woman i spoke with - yes. I am hoping for much sooner than that.

The coliseum website/U2 tour page says Noon:

http://www.coliseum.com/events/show.php?id=1256343250

Parking Gates Open
12:00 NOON

Doors Open
5:00 pm

I'm going to give them a call this week too to find out more about the GA line location-- sounds like there may be two lines. I seems often these venues don't get all their facts straight though until right before the event! Often the staff are not sure the exact details and depends who you get on the phone...but the closer to the date, the more accurate. I'll post whatever info I get later!

it will be ok, guys. you can practically see our entrance from the bart overcrossing. if anyone else starts a line we'll go and get them right away.

While I do think patrolling/snapping rhythmically would be dorky fun, I'm still thinking I'd probably rather get some rest on Sunday (after getting to LA) and still rather drive up the coast than the 5 on Monday. IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOUR YEARS SINCE I'VE BEEN THERE, I'D THINK OTHERWISE.

I'll wear my leather jacket, and slick my hair back. Oh, wait. :fail:

snap....snap....snap....
When you're a Jet you're always a Jet
snap....snap....snap...

Yeah, that person looking for a rogue line to stand in and assuming its the right one....yeah, that's likely gonna be me. Doh.

I agree with Shoobox - i just wanna know if it makes sense / is feasible to park at Bart and WALK ON into the venue until 11OCLOCK TICK TOCK rolls around when we can bring in our FAST CARS to park, oh wait, now it's 12:00 or some crap. DESIRE is mounting and though THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME for where we go into the venue to park, ONE way or another we will enter this MAGNIFICENT place and get INTO THE HEART.

(i know, totally cheesy but i am getting excited )

My goal is to be in line by 6:30 but I'm coming from SF and picking up a friend along the way so who the heck knows. And parking... maybe I'll call the stadium a couple days before the show and ask them if there's anywhere to park earlier.

And if the gathering the night before doesn't happen, or if you can't make it to that, just wander 'round the line and ask who posts on Interference (or "Any Blue Crackers around?!?!" will do :lol: ) and I"m sure you'll find us.

Romi, or any other local, anyone have any idea where/what gate the line will be forming at? (bad grammar, sorry)

Bonowall, welcome to the forum. I'm sure that whenever we get there in the morning (5, 6, 7am) there will already be 50+ people in line so they will have worked out some kind of system by then (if not the night before :crack: )

Hi Zooey!!! I'll be there bright and early Tuesday also! The boys threw a wrench in my plans by moving the date back, so now hubby can't go, but I'll still be there with my friends hoping for another front row shot at Adam! Woo Hoo!!

I just hope that there aren't any "non interference Nazis" there before us like there were at the Rose Bowl. Those b-tches messed everything up.

haha - hey, i like the line # assignment with my header....that will work JUST FINE!

ya know, about that tattoo i have...i dont know if i find it incredibly amusing or frustrating when people (not U2 fans) look at it and simply say: "Soooo, you were a fan of Napster soooo much you had to get a tattoo of it?!"

I suppose its a valid comment since the artist did a lousy job. It is recognizable to "those in the know" but to all else, its the napster cat>:doh:

Name is Chris. Ill be bringing three U2 Virgins with me...My wife and my two best friends. I made them u2 fans and they have never seen a show.

Hell, my last show was Hawaii 2006 (which, to this day, was my BEST experience). I saw my two favorite bands perform on the same stage, at the same time, in freaking Hawaii. Who else here was at that magical show?

I camped out the night before wearing shorts and a tee - no sleeping bag or jacket - it was a longgggg night. But damn it was a grreat show. I think this is why i wont be camping out for Oakland...getting too old for that :hyper:

Tick tock....

Hi Chris! I was there in Hawaii - that show was tooo awesome!!!! Great memories!

OK, can anyone tell it's been awhile since I've been here? I'm catching up by posting a million things in a row. :reject:

I just hope that there aren't any "non interference Nazis" there before us like there were at the Rose Bowl. Those b-tches messed everything up.

uhoh - i need to hear more about this one? More than one group with line assignments?

U2Gek - i dont know where you were on line camping but i was in pen #3 i think or something like that and there was some INSANE police nazis on that line. I needed to pee and i remember one person saying..."if you're gone for more than 10 minutes, start over". I said...."really? :| C'mon, really?!"

Why cant we all get along?

so, regardless of when we get there, who is up for making a huge party out of waiting in line?!

I am gonna be bringing a cooler with beer and food and a small bbq as well for my carload.

I will bring tunes to share (u2 and other assorted), a frisbee, and....cornhole! If you dont know what it is, call it bean bag toss. It's awesomely fun and addicting.

What about you guys? let's block party it, no? Are my ideas too big? perhaps but hell, it's been 5 years since i've seen the boys and hung out with fellow fans en mass. Let's do it up!:wave::hyper::applaud:

so, regardless of when we get there, who is up for making a huge party out of waiting in line?!

I am gonna be bringing a cooler with beer and food and a small bbq as well for my carload.

I will bring tunes to share (u2 and other assorted), a frisbee, and....cornhole! If you dont know what it is, call it bean bag toss. It's awesomely fun and addicting.

What about you guys? let's block party it, no? Are my ideas too big? perhaps but hell, it's been 5 years since i've seen the boys and hung out with fellow fans en mass. Let's do it up!:wave::hyper::applaud:

I'm in for a party line! :applaud:

Its official, Ive booked my room at the luxurious Oakland Days Inn Mon & Tues night. So everything is in place and I hope I figure out the right line to stand in all day ;)

Concerning cars, why not just park at BART and then take BART to the stadium? There's no point in retrieving your car at some point and paying $40 when you can let it sit at the BART lot which is like $1 a day (and I don't even think you have to pay that unless the car is there overnight). Best solution is to park in the morning at a BART station and take BART right to the Colosseum. Screw paying $40 for parking.

Plus, convenience-wise, it's highly possible that you could board BART after the show and be in your car at some BART station before you would have even made it out of the Colosseum parking lot with your car.

Concerning cars, why not just park at BART and then take BART to the stadium? There's no point in retrieving your car at some point and paying $40 when you can let it sit at the BART lot which is like $1 a day (and I don't even think you have to pay that unless the car is there overnight). Best solution is to park in the morning at a BART station and take BART right to the Colosseum. Screw paying $40 for parking.

Plus, convenience-wise, it's highly possible that you could board BART after the show and be in your car at some BART station before you would have even made it out of the Colosseum parking lot with your car.

For me, its being able to store some items in the car that I don't want to lug around on a BART train and then have to trash before admission to the show. Especially when I plan on being in GA line for 12+ hours... I probably will need more than I can stuff into my pockets ;)

If I had assigned seating tickets - I would be rocking the BART route just to avoid that horrendous parking charge. :angry:

Hi Zooey!!! I'll be there bright and early Tuesday also! The boys threw a wrench in my plans by moving the date back, so now hubby can't go, but I'll still be there with my friends hoping for another front row shot at Adam! Woo Hoo!!

Early morning @ Rose Bowl and right when they opened the gates were such a friggin' nightmare - I still get pissed about that! :scream:

:zen:

Early morning @ Rose Bowl and right when they opened the gates were such a friggin' nightmare - I still get pissed about that! :scream:

:zen:

I hope for everyone lining up that everything will be pretty chill/mellow in Oakland.

On one hand I'm glad I don't have to worry about an early GA line-up.
On the other I'm sorry to miss it.
Definitely not looking forward to getting stuck in traffic during rush hour.
That's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom