June 6 & 7, 2010 - Angel Stadium of Anaheim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my observation, it seems they usually had at least a days rest between shows. I'm thinking if a 2nd show is added, it would be either Tuesday the 8th, or maybe Friday the 4th. Also, with the next city 6 days after the June 6th show, I'm thinking chances are very high for the 2nd show..on the 8th. Who knows...maybe even a 3rd show of the demand is there. They would still have the day rest between locations. Just speculation.

None of the two show towns during the 1st leg had a days rest. In fact in the entire tour the only cities that had a day in between were Barcelona and Dublin between nights 2 and 3. In the US Chicago was the 12,13, Toronto 16, 17, Foxboro 20, 21 and New York 23,24.

If they add a second night in Anaheim I'd go for the 7th. I don't think they're going to change opening night or they would have just gone for the Saturday night to start with like they did in Chicago.

i was thinking the same thing...no off days between 2-night stands

already know which hotel i'd like to stay at

-dan

From my observation, it seems they usually had at least a days rest between shows. I'm thinking if a 2nd show is added, it would be either Tuesday the 8th, or maybe Friday the 4th. Also, with the next city 6 days after the June 6th show, I'm thinking chances are very high for the 2nd show..on the 8th. Who knows...maybe even a 3rd show of the demand is there. They would still have the day rest between locations. Just speculation.

I don't think they can play any earlier in Anaheim because of CLAW set-up time. They could possibly play a second on the 8th, but I'm banking on the 7th.

I can't find the on-sale on TM. Does anyone have a link?

I don't think they can play any earlier in Anaheim because of CLAW set-up time. They could possibly play a second on the 8th, but I'm banking on the 7th.

I can't find the on-sale on TM. Does anyone have a link?

The pre-sale info that was up yesterday is gone.

BAW and I canvassed the area yesterday; hey we live 10 minutes away and here's what we've found...

The Ayers Hotel is .3 mile and an extremely easy walk into the stadium; follow Douglas Street thru a cul-de-sac of professional buildings and it leads directly into the parking lot...a couple of smaller restaurants across the street, a bar and such....the Ayers is directly across the street from the Honda Center...

The Marriot TownPlace Suites is where we will be (we've stayed here before and its very nice and the price is right)...This Marriott is directly across the street from a traffic controlled entrance to Angel Stadium; there is a Denny's, Togo's, Carl;s Jr., Starbucks, Bally's Fitness Center and a bank (forget which), all at the center...

Across the street at Katella and State College, there is a McDonald's, closer to the stadium entrance (just beyond) a Hooter's Restaurant and diagonally across the intersection there is an El Torito Restaurant.

This area is approximately 2 miles EAST of Disneyland; plenty of hotels, big name and small, along that stretch of Katella Avenue; lots of restaurants...

South of Angel Stadium along State College, there are other hotels including a Double Tree and the Hilton Suites, all walking distance...further south is The Block of Orange...its a popular outdoor mall with a number of eateries including Alcatraz Brewing, Fish Market, El Torito and others...

Buses run this area up and down, not too long of a wait for any direction...and don't forget the MTA station at the stadium....good luck.

:lol:

Here's a pic of the field I took on a field trip a few years ago. Where will the Claw be located?
STA73017.jpg
[/IMG]

BAW and I canvassed the area yesterday; hey we live 10 minutes away and here's what we've found...

The Ayers Hotel is .3 mile and an extremely easy walk into the stadium; follow Douglas Street thru a cul-de-sac of professional buildings and it leads directly into the parking lot...a couple of smaller restaurants across the street, a bar and such....the Ayers is directly across the street from the Honda Center...

The Marriot TownPlace Suites is where we will be (we've stayed here before and its very nice and the price is right)...This Marriott is directly across the street from a traffic controlled entrance to Angel Stadium; there is a Denny's, Togo's, Carl;s Jr., Starbucks, Bally's Fitness Center and a bank (forget which), all at the center...

Across the street at Katella and State College, there is a McDonald's, closer to the stadium entrance (just beyond) a Hooter's Restaurant and diagonally across the intersection there is an El Torito Restaurant.

This area is approximately 2 miles EAST of Disneyland; plenty of hotels, big name and small, along that stretch of Katella Avenue; lots of restaurants...

South of Angel Stadium along State College, there are other hotels including a Double Tree and the Hilton Suites, all walking distance...further south is The Block of Orange...its a popular outdoor mall with a number of eateries including Alcatraz Brewing, Fish Market, El Torito and others...

Buses run this area up and down, not too long of a wait for any direction...and don't forget the MTA station at the stadium....good luck.

i started looking at and pricing some of these hotels last night, they are kinda pricey....$139 and up per night

started looking a little further out (up to 2 miles) and found another place that's probably a bit nicer, but would be a 30+ minute walk

decisions, decisions

-dan

You need to consider that the concert is June, school is out all over the country and Disneyland is the largest tourist attraction in the world...once you make your choice, don't wait...

I always choose a location where I don't need to pay up front...hence, Marriott and Ayers...good luck.

I reserved here last week. :) What's a Togo's?

Togo's is a restaurant I think. Don't have any near me. Gee, should I be getting a room? :scratch:

And MrBAW - if you guys live so close, why would you get a hotel room? Just curious...

School ain't out in S.Calif on 6/6/10. :|

It is in a lot of other places, as early as June 3rd. Disneyland and the area hotels start seeing heavy tourist traffic around Memorial Day so chances are, Disneyland will be very crowded.

i started looking at and pricing some of these hotels last night, they are kinda pricey....$139 and up per night

started looking a little further out (up to 2 miles) and found another place that's probably a bit nicer, but would be a 30+ minute walk

decisions, decisions

-dan

Marriott Townsuites is $108 per night if you're a AAA member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom