June 6 & 7, 2010 Anaheim VI- What the f*** are we gonna do??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
picking you up and delivery to LAX is without question, I will do it...

Beautiful. :hug: And I just reserved an intermediate sedan from Enterprise for a quoted $117 - no credit info was needed other than the type of card I'd be paying with (Visa, MC, AmEx, etc.)

So.... now we wait. :yawn:

OK - it's been a long day. Not sure why I'm still awake, but I know I won't be that way in another 10 minutes. Night all... let's keep our prayers & hopes going strong. :up:

So this morning after I told my kids about what's happened, my oldest went to go pick up her sister at school. When she returned she told me she got into the car feeling very sad. She turned on the radio and the absolute first sound she heard was Bono's voice... "it's alright, it's alright, it's alright!"

:reject: I thought it was kind of cool.

Just woke up to this news - not a great start to the weekend. Hope Bono makes a full recovery and that some of his long-running back issues can be put behind him.

Krisi83 & I will still be travelling to the US & Anaheim. We got 2 weeks off work, unrefundable airline tickets from Switzerland, many unrefundable hotels booked on a Priceline special offer and so on.

I just hope Ticketmaster will provide refunds for folks like us who will be unable to make rescheduled shows.

We will probably keep to our original schedule, and just drop Denver from the list and spend an extra day in Grand Junction area.
And we will be at CPK if others will be.

Krisi83 says that one of the doctors looking after Bono in Munich is very famous in Germany and is the official doctor for their national soccer team. At least he is in good hands.
:sad:

Everyone, chill, Bono has the situation under control.

380145402_e2dfe5fb7f_b-1.jpg

Taking bets now on how long it takes before Bono rolls right into the pit while trying to do loop-dy-loops of the stage.

The brakes and tires will probably be better than the van that we took to Z point

:lol: those tires were as smooth as intertubes. I'm definitely not an athiest after that trip through the flooded roads with our barely there tires.
That definitely taught me look at the tires when renting. Neglect on the company's behalf happens. Once I rented a car from LA to the bay area and the oil change light came on for most of the trip :|
The rates I pulled up at Auto Center drive was around $98 for Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon and return Tues...how much cheaper can you get?
Example.....the total is for 4 days...

http://www.enterprise.com/car_renta...onId=WebTransaction12&selectedLocationId=32E3

the one thing about these weekend deals are the mileage limits. I believe it's 300miles total or 100 miles a day...perfect for sightseeing but not a lot of roadtrippin.

I went to bed early last night, I had a throbbing headache from all the stress yesterday. So we are now on a new thread? Carlos, your title is fitting.

I have a AAA membership and right now they have a free weekend day if you reserve with Hertz. I am using them in S.Florida for my rental and have 3 vouchers coming my way for that rental, which means my rental for the Miami gig will be free.

Anyway, I am flying in and out of Long Beach. As of the moment, Ethan will be picking me up from the airport on Saturday afternoon and take me to the hotel. I have a spot reserved on Super Shuttle to take me back from the hotel to the airport on Tuesday morning.

As far as what I am interested in doing while we are out there? The same as I was going to do before. If U2 postpones, this just frees up one day for me and that is Monday. I might move going to Disney to Sunday, since I will not be pressed for time like I will be on Saturday. I will go to CPK on Saturday night and will need to to find something to do Saturday afternoon when I arrive. I am keeping my hotel reservation at the Marriott. No sense of canceling it when I have already paid for it.

Hotwire is another good place to find cheap rental cars.

I wonder how Bono's feeling today :sad:

and on to more positive thinking...if these dates are postponed, when do you think they would have time to fit in rescheduled dates?

and on to more positive thinking...if these dates are postponed, when do you think they would have time to fit in rescheduled dates?

Good question.

I'm personally hoping for dates in the fall rather than dates at the end of July.

I would also prefer that they consolidate the two Anaheim shows into one show at the L.A. Coliseum, but that would require them to cancel (and refund) the two Anaheim shows and then sell tickets to a new show.

Good question.

I'm personally hoping for dates in the fall rather than dates at the end of July.

I would also prefer that they consolidate the two Anaheim shows into one show at the L.A. Coliseum, but that would require them to cancel (and refund) the two Anaheim shows and then sell tickets to a new show.

While I love the Coliseum, I want two shows.

I'm guessing that it might take some time, and October is probably out, since they'll be wrapping up the European part of the tour and it is unknown what the Angels' postseason fate will be. I figure the weather in November and December is not much drastically colder (as opposed to the sometimes brutal climate change up north), so could they schedule in thos months?

About all this rental car stuff - I've always done quite well checking all the going rates and then turning around and low-balling them on Priceline. Never had a problem having to pay anymore than the price I bid.

Ah, I like. I've gotten hotel rooms through the bidding process at Priceline, but never a car.

On the bright side, I think we're looking at next summer. They may be able to add more cities and dates. I don't see them rescheduling just a few cities later this year or next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom