June 6 & 7, 2010-Anaheim II -Have you told your spouse about U2 again in June club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very funny thread.

I do have to admit I was also bad because I bought the tickets on my work expense credit card so she wouldn't see the charge. :mac:

yay anaheim

/i'm just posting to get subscribed'd

-dan

I dont' know how to quote from another thread so I'll try to remember everything I was going to comment on.

Jmath - Downtown Disney :yes: Is there a burrito shop there? I think I owe you one :wink:

Jmath - We should double date - my husband is a huge Coldplay fan - we were at two of the three SoCAl shows this summer and a couple on the previous leg.

Nic - I don't know if "what she needs to do" would work for my friend - it's more financial than anything I think. I wonder if she'd mind if I went to Disneyland while she sat in the hotel - sometimes for a mother of two young kids, just being in a hotel room by yourself is vacation enough :lol:

But seriously, I love Disney and I'll see what I can do to make it if you're going (on the 5th?) but I won't make any promises yet.

Romi, Nic, Kim - by band stalking, do you mean outside their hotel? I'd be scared to do that outside Larry's hotel but maybe Bono/Edge's :hmm: That's also the beauty of the two shows - I'm planning on trying to meet the band as they come into the venue on one of the nights.

As far as the whole 'telling your spouse' thing is concerned I'm so very lucky to have married a wonderful man. When I bashfully mentioned that I might be maybe thinking about considerring going to the Chicago show he said "You should go as nuts with this as you can afford. When are you going to get a chance like this again?" :love:

Of course he also said he's putting all of this "in a bank" :hmm: I think his band is planning a tour of their own.

Oh, and I can't believe we're on thread #2 already! What postwhores we are! :lol:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,001
User Name Posts
lauramullen 76
mtnfox 73
nicv 48
zuropa_fit 44
Outsider 43
trojanchick99 43
Dakotalola 41
romi 36
Lila64 34
kellyahern 30
bonocomet 30
ramblin rose 29
kramwest1 26
DRay9911 24
U2fan05 21
Jmath 21
I Move in Mysterious Ways 20
Mr. BAW 20
martha 18
zerokul175 18
RedRocksU2 15
BonosLil'Pal94 15
BAW 14
Perdue 12
jesseu2 12
mads 12
jezebel 11
Zooropa man 11
FitzChivalry 11
U2Flame 10
Chrisedge 10
dsmith2904 9
BluRmGrl 9
cleazer 9
oktobergirl 9
redkat 9
mifyanks 7
BonoFox1 7
HelloHelloHola 7
paulrg 6
kafrun 6
Edge_Orchestra 6
dstalksalot 5
pudgie_child 5
MissVelvetDress_75 5
broker 5
discothequeLP 5
suzanneb 5
Cleasai 4
Pop Artist 4
nathan1977 3
tryan101 3
vthatcher 3
rosephile 3
strat88 3
digitize 3
60rosemount 3
Miringeltje 2
southpaw_gil 2
theedgeofrock 2
Trabbie 1
beegee 1
Halup 1
robbrecon72 1
uuu222 1
branwalls 1
u2gek 1
Babydoll 1
daygloeyes2 1
she said boom 1
LyricalDrug 1
krisi83 1
Yahweh 1
Zoo360 1
gomapatito 1
Kinsa 1
jetro 1
david 1
KhanadaRhodes 1
AiRMaRcI9o0 1
Shawn Bonneau 1
d.darroch 1
U2crush 1
dfit00 1

OMG hilarious thread name - hilarious, because no way in hell does my husband know that I already have tickets to both shows. Hell, he doesn't even KNOW about the shows yet. I figure I'll let him know about them on June 5th. :reject::lol:

Please PLEASE don't hurt me if this has already been addressed, but I have been offline the last few days :ohmy: and I don't have time to read all the back posts, but....

I'm a day late on my presale :doh: for June 7th and all of the GAs seem to be gone

Is this right????

No spouse, self-employed, no one to answer to about how many shows I'm going to :cool: Sweeeet.

They're coming back ? :waiting:

I guess Lila doesn't plan on going cuz she would've told me about this. We don't keep secrets from each other :wink:

:lol: I had 43 too

not my spouse, but my boyfriend isn't going again. He enjoyed the Vegas show but he simply isn't the concert junkie I am

Yeah, Mr.Z is only doing one show "with" me (Oakland) and I say "with" b/c he says he's not waiting in line all day b/c he'd rather be by the sound board than fight the lunatics fans in the GA line.

As far as the whole 'telling your spouse' thing is concerned I'm so very lucky to have married a wonderful man. When I bashfully mentioned that I might be maybe thinking about considerring going to the Chicago show he said "You should go as nuts with this as you can afford. When are you going to get a chance like this again?" :love:

^:cute: Sweet!

Burritos, lol. Anaheim is close to Santa Ana, TAQUERIA! There will be no problem finding burritos. :wink:

EDIT - Hopefully you can keep Dland open and you never know maybe she wouldn't mind staying in for the day or walking around somewhere, there are nice outdoor malls closeby too and then of course if we do downtown disney at night she can join us.

EDIT - forgot - the stalking thing, I have no idea, I've never tried :). I wasn't talking hardcore or anything, but if given an opportunity as they walk in or something I would be interested.

No spouse, self-employed, no one to answer to about how many shows I'm going to :cool: Sweeeet.

I answer to my bank account and vacation time and they can't be persuaded easily sometimes to give in to things. :huh:

Jmath - Downtown Disney :yes: Is there a burrito shop there? I think I owe you one :wink:

Jmath - We should double date - my husband is a huge Coldplay fan - we were at two of the three SoCAl shows this summer and a couple on the previous leg.

Of course he also said he's putting all of this "in a bank" :hmm: I think his band is planning a tour of their own.

DD absolutely has a Burrito place. I can't rembember it by name but it's across from The Jazz Kitchen. Pretty good to from what I remember...

We should double date - We can talk about probable set lists for Anaheim 2 and they can talk about the many styles of Chris Martins hair.

I'll get around to telling her. I have one other passion I geek out about that she supports so I'm just trying to pace myself. The other one is much more expensive than U2 tickets.

You sound like you married a great man. Treat him well. By the way, who is "his" band?

Great thread... definitely the one for me.. or my wife????
I actually got a chance to be at the rose bowl by myself on a seat.. and I wanted 2 GA's for ANA1 (for me and wifey, planning on staying back so she can enjoy the claw/show) but the public sale killed my chances, its ok :sexywink:, still a long way till june, so theres chance to get tix here or soemwhere else later on.
NOW, the problem is that im getting this uncontrolable need of getting 1 GA for myself to ANA 2 and get as close as I can to the rail... and she already kinda insinuated that 2 show is more than enough...:sad:
Sometimes spouses dont understand the connections we have with certain bands or different hobbies... what to do??? what to do????
anyways... great thread
:wave:

p.s: Im on 18 posts... this thread is gonna explode by june....

I was just jumping on the band stalking bandwagon :)
I plan on ga both shows but will try to meet them in nj when I have a seat.

How many threads will there be for these two shows by June?!

I'll get around to telling her. I have one other passion I geek out about that she supports so I'm just trying to pace myself. The other one is much more expensive than U2 tickets.

:hmm: :eyebrow:

You sound like you married a great man. Treat him well. By the way, who is "his" band?

He is :love: and I do. :D
They only play here in town (with a couple very small gigs in LA). They're called Fourkiller Flats. I hate their music :reject: But they're good at what they do and have a loyal following. If they head out your way, I'll let y'all know and you can stalk him!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom