June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:00 PM
June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

carry on

Old 06-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjacqb View Post
Umm, then maybe you don't want to hear this... Someone on the U2tour mailing list claimed he talked to people from Qwest Field management at the SLC show as they were checking things out to get their game plan together for Seattle. He claimed they told him they're thinking about opening up the pavillion (that fits about 5000 people) to the GA line at 7am on Saturday. There will be food, music, restroom, etc, BUT no folding chairs, tents or even our own food. How the heck do they expect us to have no chair, etc from 7am?? I hope they're not going to lock us in from 7am (no leaving the line, etc)
carrying on from the last thread.

I really hope this is not the case! What the hell are they trying to accomplish by this? They will charge us for some over priced crappy food, we will be tired and angry. If this is the case, I will skip the line up and come later in the day. I do not want to be a bitch and ruin it for me and those around me.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 12:00 AM
3 more sleeps!!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Good morning all my fellow U2'ers!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Getting so excited. My colleague here at work this morning ( we were both off yesterday) is going to the show as well and when we saw each other first thing in the office just now we did a high five and both simultaneosly said together screaming "DID YOU SEE THE WEATHER REPORT?!" haha! It was hilarious!!! Perfect unison!! She's got Red ZOne tkts too!!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

WOO!

Maybe we should have some general info on this first page, especially for those who are new to the thread and want to know what's up, rather than having to slog through the old thread to find out about the gathering, etc.

Anyone want to volunteer to do that?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
carrying on from the last thread.

I really hope this is not the case! What the hell are they trying to accomplish by this? They will charge us for some over priced crappy food, we will be tired and angry. If this is the case, I will skip the line up and come later in the day. I do not want to be a bitch and ruin it for me and those around me.
RUMORS!! LIES!!

Well I hope so. Fingers crossed. That sounds like a turrible idea. Just turrible.

Weather on the other hand... sweet!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Regarding that pavilion thing. In all likelihood its something like they had at the Rose Bowl for fans to go to early to help with traffic. It's separate from the GA line.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Ok, I have a Red Zone question. Does anybody know if you can get your wrist band at will-call when it opens and then come back later? The information page from Qwest says that you have to proceed to the stadium after you get your bands. WTH??? Is the standard procedure? I wanted to run around and go have lunch after we got our bands. Anybody know?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
great my coworker backed in to my car in the parking lot. I do not have time for this shit.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
great my coworker backed in to my car in the parking lot. I do not have time for this shit.
So not cool. I hope it's not too banged up.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

thankfully it isn't horrible but repair work will need to be done. so fucking annoying. pay attention when you back your damn car up!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 02:00 AM
Great thread title Romi....does that forecast apply to the Northeast too? pretty please!

Have a fantastic time everyone....sneaks back out of thread
Old 06-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, I'm not going to worry about the Pavilion thing (I'm guessing they mean the Qwest Events Center). That really doesn't sound like the GA line, and they seemed pretty specific that the line would be by the NE gates.

And if they talked to Qwest people at the SLC show, as Qwest was getting their shit together ... well, the information went on the site after that, I think. So maybe they decided against that.

Claw update: I still can't see it as my bus goes by.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

Here's a quick recap for the new thread:

WEATHER: supposed to be gorgeous Friday and Saturday!

GA LINE: apparently at the NE gates at 7:00 day of show (per Qwest instructions, no news on the actual "you can't tell us what to do" line yet)

PARTY: Owl & Thistle for Romi's birthday party, Zoo Station and general shenanigans. A bunch of us will be there starting at 6 or 6:30 or so.

GETTING NUMBERS FOR LINE: most people are getting them when they can. If you show up at O&T and still need a number (and, obviously, we know who/where the line runner is), we can find others looking to go down there. And if you just want someone to go with you, I'm happy to do some running back and forth.

HOW TO FIND US: It may be packed at O&T, not sure how early it will be completely packed. I'll be wearing a black and white striped short-sleeved shirt. If I'm not there, look for a bunch of crazy U2 fans. .... oh, wait ....

PARKING: If you need some tips on parking (whether you're coming early for the GA line, or will be coming later in the afternoon), let me know and I'll PM you, as it's too wordy to add to this post.

LIGHT RAIL: If you are taking the light rail in and are going straight to Qwest, I recommend getting off at the International District stop and not the Stadium stop, as the walk to get to Qwest from the Stadium stop is really round-about and inconvenient. (It's convenient to Safeco, if you're going to the game that afternoon or something.)
Old 06-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm sure you can get to a 3rd thread by Saturday if you all really try.