June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, the piece I asked for clarification on was this:

GA floor ticket holders entering at the NE Gate can pick up a wristband inside the NW area of the Stadium

And was told that this is incorrect, that we will NOT have to go to the NW to get a wristband. We'll just hope that it's actually the case.

Oh jeez, don't even say stuff like that, please.

Joyfulgirl said there was something similar at the Denver show, where she walked in when the gates opened, got her wristband, and the field was pretty empty because apparently the line-up was at another gate doing their thing. But I haven't heard stories of GA being FUBARd or that people weren't able to get the close spots they'd lined up for, so we'll just have to accept that there may be people who are able to get onto the field before we will, but it's not the end of the world.

I just mean it's entirely possible that not everything will go 100% smoothly, that there will be some hiccups, but what can you do? And this is someone who was freaking the eff OUT yesterday, so if even I can come around, then .... :wink:

If some are unsure what side of the stadium is what, here is good layout map

FieldPlaza2006.jpg

So, we get our wristbands at the NE Entry, and line is somewhere else? If its there, I will probably drive right to the North Lot first and see if I can just park for a few and get my wristband .. then find the line and checkin.

Thanks for the map, that's a good one! I can see exactly where I need to go now!:hyper:

Can I also say that I hope this trend of bringing 8 million balloons doesn't occur in Seattle?

I guess I won't care if I'm in the front row, but if there are a bunch of people waving balloons that are blocking my view, I'll be pissed. The arms-over-head-with-cameras in my way is bad enough.

Oh, there were just pictures on Twitter of some balloons in the pit.

I noticed a lot of them in video from some of the European shows, too. On one hand, it's kinda neat. On the other hand, get that shit out of my face!

there may be a few exceptions to this, but the entry onto the floor is usually on the opposite side of the claw.

in dallas, we lined up where the "fan accessible areas" is on the map legend. however, we were walked to and entered the stadium where it says "west field plaza" on the qwest map. but after going through all of the tunnels, we ended up on the opposite of the claw.

qwest staff are going to have us line up where there is room available.

i barely know my norths and souths here in town. in other cities, i'm horrible.

is the south end of the field closest to safeco?

then i'd be shocked if we weren't in that lot to the north.

they will need to snake it using ropes or barricades.

where are the rest of the parking lots?

There's a parking garage attached to the very south end of the structure, attached to the Qwest Events Center, there's another parking garage across the street from Safeco, and then it's pay lots, street parking and whatever else is around.

I don't honestly know if the whole north lot is open for parking during events, or if sometimes they need the lot for other things. Like GA lines!

I couldn't really tell how much room was over on the NE side, as it was blocked by some trees and whatnot, and there was a gate restricting my access to walk over there the other day.

There's a parking garage attached to the very south end of the structure, attached to the Qwest Events Center, there's another parking garage across the street from Safeco, and then it's pay lots, street parking and whatever else is around.

I don't honestly know if the whole north lot is open for parking during events, or if sometimes they need the lot for other things. Like GA lines!

I couldn't really tell how much room was over on the NE side, as it was blocked by some trees and whatnot, and there was a gate restricting my access to walk over there the other day.

I called .. IPM has parking at Qwest Garage for $40, and International Garage on 4th for $30. Better shot looking for surface lot, or move vehicle to a meter that ends at 6pm (park at it after 4pm and good to go for the night).

Since I am getting there early I know there might be a few M-F Truck loading zones I might be able snag a spot in.

If going for street parking, try south of the stadiums. There are usually some options and also a few pay lots will spring up for the game and concert.

Then there's always the Starbucks garage they're opening for $20. I timed it tonight, and it was about a 20 minute walk for me from the garage to the north end of the stadium. And I walk pretty fast.

i bet whoever gets there first will be on king or occidental, on a public sidewalk.

we should be allowed to hang out on friday on a public sidewalk. odds are this will be across the street from the stadium as sidewalks bordering the stadium will be considered stadium property.

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. Occidental isn't a great idea, as it's an actual street without sidewalks. It's lined with the stadium and stadium parking lot on one side, and the back ends of businesses on the other.

Also, there'll be vendors lining Occidental for the Friday night ball game, so ...... no idea.

i barely know my norths and souths here in town. in other cities, i'm horrible.

is the south end of the field closest to safeco?

I'm having flashbacks of Soldier Field '09 when I got separated from my posse and NSW kept giving me directions like "meet us on the northeast corner of the southwest steps" and I was like "sure, be right there! oh and, what?"

:lol: I remember that!

A good tip for Seattle: If you have a reasonable idea of where the big body of water is, that's west. You can't always see Elliott Bay from where you are, but try and orient yourself that way.

I wonder if they'll allow us to hang out near the Qwest Events Center. There's a big sidewalk area alongside it on Occidental, at the south end toward Safeco. It's still Qwest, but ..... not.

crap. forgot about the games.

if the north lot is used for friday night's game too, security probably won't like us loitering.

maybe they could just give the numbers out at the cloud, that way i don't even have to leave the hotel.

i just may take a red eye thursday evening.

There are plenty of nearby streets, but none I'd really care to hang out on for a long period of time. Particularly at night. I wouldn't say it's an unsafe area, but there are a lot of homeless people around Pioneer Square, and it can be a little sketchy.

Although obv, with a bigger group of people it's not like we'd be terrorized by drunk transients or anything.

Totally gonna park as close as I can, we're splitting the parking fee and I want to easily get to the car if needed.

Also: bring cash (DUH) but this is mainly because you can get a cheap lunch via those vendors for the M's game Saturday right along Occidental. TOTALLY GETTING AN EDGAR DOG NOM.

I'm having flashbacks of Soldier Field '09 when I got separated from my posse and NSW kept giving me directions like "meet us on the northeast corner of the southwest steps" and I was like "sure, be right there! oh and, what?"

i'm sure there are people still trying to get to their hotel after the 2nd show.....19 months later.

A good tip for Seattle: If you have a reasonable idea of where the big body of water is, that's west. You can't always see Elliott Bay from where you are, but try and orient yourself that way.

i wonder who we can trick into keep walking west until we hear a *splash*

i wish i could go to the game friday night

Also: bring cash (DUH) but this is mainly because you can get a cheap lunch via those vendors for the M's game Saturday right along Occidental. TOTALLY GETTING AN EDGAR DOG NOM.

It might be my chance to finally try a hot dog with cream cheese!

Oh, and also $1 bottles of water. WHOOT.

I love caramel or other sweet popcorn, and I like the sweet/salty combo in other things, but Kettle Korn is just kind of 'meh' to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom