June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has any Canadian-specific treats they want for the GA line, speak now or forever hold your peace, as I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow morning, but I'll have time to pick up a few last minute things tonight. :D

Tylenol with codeine!!!!!

...... what?

:shifty:

Maple stuff! Bring maple stuff! And some fresh poutine :wink:

:lol: I don't think you'd want poutine that's been sitting for a day or two. :wink:

I think I could find some maple cookies. Those are definitely tasty.

Tylenol with codeine!!!!!

...... what?

:shifty:

:lmao: I'm allergic to codeine (found out the WRONG way :yikes: ), so I'll be steering the hell clear of that! :wink:

is that all it takes to make friends around here? I'll be bringing a truckload of chocolate then ;)

Dark chocolate is my non-blue variety crack. :drool:

Did you ever knooooooooooooooow that you're our heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeero????

I'm going to pick up some snacky things to share as well, just to have them there.

Also, I will buy duct tape, because you just never know when duct tape will come in handy.

Duct tape is always handy. I'm sure Tim will find something useful to do with it.

is that all it takes to make friends around here? I'll be bringing a truckload of chocolate then ;)

We're easy. Chocolate and booze will buy our love.

Who's Tim?

Whenever I hear that name, I think of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"There are some who call me .......... Tim."

For those around me I'll be bringing homemade Bailey's marshmallows coated in cocoa powder. It's to soothe early-liners who might get ruffled feathers because my two best friends need to arrive a little later than me.

Young kids are not condusive to leaving at 5am, even if their husbands aren't going to the concert. :sigh:

PS, I'm down to the Popmart shirts now!! It's getting close, I can feel it! And it's strange to see the band age progression from 360 tour shirts through Elevation, Popmart and ZooTV. It seems their faces get smoother and smoother everytime I look in the mirror!

I really don't want to make you more paranoid, but please double check that tomorrow. I have had an occasion with Continental, where my reservation disappeared after I had my boarding pass. It was a nightmare that caused me to be in the Newark airport for 6 hours, then connect through Houston where I nearly missed my connecting flight. :crack:
:panic::panic::panic:
I will definitely check tomorrow when I print my boarding pass, and again on Friday just before I leave for the airport. I will have copies and copies of my reservation printed.

And yes, Iris, my thought is that this is because of the merger with United too... they did something last night in their system that screwed up their reservations system...

I've also checked out what other airlines still have seats for a direct flight to Seattle in case I need an alternative flight. Only US Airways has a nonstop flight, and it will cost me $900 for a one-way. :angry:

Cori: only a couple hours, it's not like they're showing up at 5pm wanting priority spots. 8am at the latest they're thinking.

Based on what I've read, as long as it's not excessive, other fans should be mostly okay with that. At least that's what I'm soothing my fraying nerves with..... :wink:

I guess if the line runner will let you get them numbers in their absence, it doesn't make a big difference, because them arriving late doesn't mess up the numbers of those behind you.

I never make a fuss when people jump the line to be with friends, but it does irritate me. It seemed like everyone around me in SLC was doing that. I wasn't about to make enemies by saying anything about it, but I kind of wanted to.

Yeah, if everyone is saving 1 or 2 spots for people .... I certainly understand it, but I'm just not a big fan of it.

But like I said, if the line runner will let you do it and give them numbers ahead of time, then it doesn't make much difference to the people behind you, because their number wouldn't change when they show up later. If they won't let you reserve spots for people, I don't know how that will work out for you.

But good luck - hope it works out for all of you.

(And I hope I'm ahead of you in line to begin with. :wink: )

Pretty much! :lol:

If anyone has any Canadian-specific treats they want for the GA line, speak now or forever hold your peace, as I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow morning, but I'll have time to pick up a few last minute things tonight. :D

mmmm, Kinder Bueno please :D Smarties are always awesome too!

Is he the Tim N that I see commenting on your Facebook posts? Or is that a different guy?

Tim Newell

He's so sweet they named a doughnut chain in canada after him.

Groovy.

Someone on U2.com suggested I send a message over to Joe there, as it sounds like he will be coming to Seattle, and hopefully running the line?

I asked him what his thoughts were on the wristband thing - is that the sort of thing that typically causes confusion but always gets worked out one way or the other?

HELP US, JOE-BI WAN KENOBI! YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!

mmmm, Kinder Bueno please :D Smarties are always awesome too!

Done and done! :)

I just checked the weather for my city, and it's supposed to be warm and sunny from Friday onwards for like 14 days. Seriously - the forecast is AMAZING!! :drool: Granted, my city is a wee bit different from Seattle, but to have all this good weather ahead of us is SO exciting!

Especially when the view from my office window is currently grey and gloom and doom. :lol:

I'm glad we know the forecast for Friday and Saturday, because today it is gloomy with a capital G. That Safeco roof ain't opening for the game.

So initially my girlfriend was coming up with me from Portland but now she isn't able to make it. I still haven't booked a hotel room since I was waiting for confirmation from her. I'm wondering what the policy has been on this tour for camping out if I end up not finding a hotel. What time are most of you planning on getting in line? This will be my first show since Vancouver, BC.

I think most of us are waiting to find out what time and where the line actually starts before we figure that out.

I think there's a lot we won't know until someone starts the line, and we can find out a) if someone has to stay there all night; and b) where the line might be, as Qwest won't allow the line to be on site (which isn't surprising; most venues won't, I think).

He's so sweet they named a doughnut chain in canada after him.

:lol: I did not know that.

And about saving spots for people in the line, I'm one of those who have a problem with it. I mean, if they've gotten their numbers first, that's fine. Usually in all the lines I've been in, you have to be present to get your numbers. I've had someone ask me to get a number for them before they could get to the stadium, but I politely declined because it's not fair to the people who made it in to get their number. Although I'm speaking strictly about the front of the line (first 200 people or so). Maybe in the middle of the line people don't really care anymore if 1-2 people join their friends...

On the day of the show it depends, some people are really lax and let you leave the line and just set a time to congregate back the morning of the show. At this time then you get to know your "neighbors", the people in front of and behind you in the line. This will help especially if you need to leave the line to get food, or freshen up before the show. And because once you're lining up, getting ready for the gates to open, you want to look around and make sure there is no unfamiliar face around you, because believe me, there are line jumpers out there. Now I only get super irritated about this if I'm in the first 50 in the line, because that means I have put a lot efforts into getting there early, etc, etc, and like hell am I gonna let a person in front of me that has not put in the same efforts as I did. In Boston and Denver there were obvious line cutters (or would-be line cutters), people just hanging around on the sides, waiting for the gates to be opened. They're hoping that in the mad dash, they could just squeeze in and get to the front. In Boston, security tried to remove them, but they wouldn't budge. And it upset a lot of people. In Denver, they brought the police, and so the policemen stood in their faces and said, "I said you need to move. Now." And so we cheered and applauded the policemen.

One time in Jersey this guy was behind me, and I only saw him in the morning during the check-in time, and then at 3.30pm when they told us to stow away our stuffs. I told him, dude, you haven't been in the line at all. He gave me an excuse that he was waiting in a shade under the tunnel close to the line. :eyeroll: Whatever, it's a good thing he was behind me, and since the people behind him didn't have any problem with it, he just stayed there.

Oooh, shade. I didn't even think about that. I'm pretty sure I have a golf umbrella somewhere at home, so I'll bring that with me too, just in case. Don't want to be sitting outside with no possible shade during the day.

I really wish I still worked at the Columbia Center so I could track the progress of the Claw construction this week. Here's a picture taken from my office back when the Kingdome was destroyed. Would have been a perfect view right into the stadium. :doh:

Kingdome1.jpg

Awwwhhh... The Kingdome!! :sad: I have lots of good memories inside that building. The Mariner's '95 run for one thing! That was MAGICAL! Great photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom