June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome... just reading it and the anticipation for not only the concert but to meet all you fine folk is making me weak at the kneez!!

All I need to know is sun... yes... line.... yes... craziness... yes... concert with the best band in the world.. HELL YES!!

I have a friend who is really putting on her sleuthing cap to try and figure this out! :lol: She doesn't hang out on the board, but I think she'll be with or near us on Saturday.

I think I know who you might be talking about :shifty:

And since we're sharing some stress stories, I'll tell you mine. When I tried to print my outbound itinerary with Continental today, I noticed that I have a flight from PHL - CLE - SEA on June 3rd, and then there is a flight from Lafayette, LA to Austin, TX on June 5th, and the flight back from Austin, TX to Lafayette on June 9th. :scratch: I thought what in the world...? Someone's itinerary has gotten mixed up with mine and they're showing it under my confirmation number! The confirmation is still under my name and everything, but the email is this other guy's email address. Somehow our reservations got tangled up in Continental system. I called Continental and was on hold for 20 minutes. The agent said they're having issues with their system today, and I said no shit... Took them another 20 minutes to straighten it out. But now I'm paranoid that tomorrow when I try to check in their system will have no record of my reservation... :uhoh:

I'm thinking I should have kept my seat ticket now... Less stress throughout the whole ordeal. But I'm glad I was able to help Elizabeth out. :)

Someone on U2.com's forums talked to someone at Qwest about this "priority" entrance, but I totally don't understand what he was talking about. I asked him to clarify, because I don't know that we had the same questions (i.e., the wristband stuff).

But he said HE felt better now, so that's something. :wink:

I think I know who you might be talking about :shifty:

And since we're sharing some stress stories, I'll tell you mine. When I tried to print my outbound itinerary with Continental today, I noticed that I have a flight from PHL - CLE - SEA on June 3rd, and then there is a flight from Lafayette, LA to Austin, TX on June 5th, and the flight back from Austin, TX to Lafayette on June 9th. :scratch: I thought what in the world...? Someone's itinerary has gotten mixed up with mine and they're showing it under my confirmation number! The confirmation is still under my name and everything, but the email is this other guy's email address. Somehow our reservations got tangled up in Continental system. I called Continental and was on hold for 20 minutes. The agent said they're having issues with their system today, and I said no shit... Took them another 20 minutes to straighten it out. But now I'm paranoid that tomorrow when I try to check in their system will have no record of my reservation... :uhoh:

I'm thinking I should have kept my seat ticket now... Less stress throughout the whole ordeal. But I'm glad I was able to help Elizabeth out. :)

I really don't want to make you more paranoid, but please double check that tomorrow. I have had an occasion with Continental, where my reservation disappeared after I had my boarding pass. It was a nightmare that caused me to be in the Newark airport for 6 hours, then connect through Houston where I nearly missed my connecting flight. :crack:

checking into Roman's thread a little late...

I'll meet you all in line or over drinks the night before hopefully!

-Justin

Naw, I think I'll be good. I think I got most of it out of my system yesterday. :)

Anticipating someone asking what Rescue Remedy is, I read the description on the website and laughed outloud:

The journey through life can be likened to walking a tightrope and while we may usually be composed, calm and focused, there are times when life springs little surprises that can throw us off balance.
Rescue Remedy has become every woman's emotional ally for its calming and centering energy and is now relied upon by people around the world to provide unconditional support, during demanding times.

Maybe I should bring a case of the damn stuff for any little GA surprises.

Anticipating someone asking what Rescue Remedy is, I read the description on the website and laughed outloud:

The journey through life can be likened to walking a tightrope and while we may usually be composed, calm and focused, there are times when life springs little surprises that can throw us off balance.
Rescue Remedy has become every woman's emotional ally for its calming and centering energy and is now relied upon by people around the world to provide unconditional support, during demanding times.

:lol:

We need to revise that.

The journey through the GA experience at a U2 concert can be likened to walking a tightrope and while we may usually be composed, calm and focused, there are times when the stadium springs little surprises that can throw us off balance.

Rescue Remedy has become every U2 fan's emotional ally for its calming and centering energy and is now relied upon by fans around the world to provide unconditional support during demanding GA lines.

My kit will contain Bono.

He'll hold my hand, and he smells really good, which could also be soothing.

I had to stop in at WalMart yesterday to pick up something, and they had boxes of dark chocolate Pot of Gold chocolates for just $3. It was too good of a deal to pass up, so I bought a box to share in the GA line. :)

Did you ever knooooooooooooooow that you're our heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeero????

I'm going to pick up some snacky things to share as well, just to have them there.

Also, I will buy duct tape, because you just never know when duct tape will come in handy.

:lol:

There's an afternoon baseball game today. I hope it stops drizzling so that they'll open the roof, which means I can see over to Qwest and can monitor out the window for sightings of the Claw. :shifty:

I really wish I still worked at the Columbia Center so I could track the progress of the Claw construction this week. Here's a picture taken from my office back when the Kingdome was destroyed. Would have been a perfect view right into the stadium. :doh:

Kingdome1.jpg

Nice, Fishlips! I was visiting (before I moved here) when it was imploded. I watched it on TV, but you obviously got the better view!

I had a breakfast meeting a few months ago at that fancy-schmancy Columbia Tower Club, and I remember thinking "gee, I wish I could have a meeting here the week before the concert!"

is that all it takes to make friends around here? I'll be bringing a truckload of chocolate then ;)

Pretty much! :lol:

If anyone has any Canadian-specific treats they want for the GA line, speak now or forever hold your peace, as I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow morning, but I'll have time to pick up a few last minute things tonight. :D

Pretty much! :lol:

If anyone has any Canadian-specific treats they want for the GA line, speak now or forever hold your peace, as I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow morning, but I'll have time to pick a few last minute things up tonight. :D

Maple stuff! Bring maple stuff! And some fresh poutine :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom