June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you staying downtown? It should be pretty easy to get to that neighborhood by bus, since it's the university.

That thing about the ticket was a little misleading, I think. If I understand correctly, you have to go to that place on Mercer if you want to pick up your tickets on a day before the show.

The confirmation email I got made it sound like you just show up at the box office of the theater to get them if you're fine just showing up there to get your tickets.

You should be easily be able to get a bus to the U-District - the bus tunnel (International District stop) is very close to the stadium and hotel.

Will you guys have a car at all? That may decide where we all go for karaoke, because my car can only hold me plus three! :wink:

Zipcar is a program that allows you to rent cars by the hour, day or week. The cars are parked in specified locations, you reserve online, then take your card to open the car. Gas and Insurance are included. We have it at USC which is why I know about it.

Here's the website: Car Sharing, an alternative to car rental and car ownership – Zipcar

That thing about the ticket was a little misleading, I think. If I understand correctly, you have to go to that place on Mercer if you want to pick up your tickets on a day before the show.

The confirmation email I got made it sound like you just show up at the box office of the theater to get them if you're fine just showing up there to get your tickets.

Yeah, I was wondering about that... could you please let me know what you find out?

This is what it says in the email confirmation I got:

Any tickets you have purchased are available for pick-up at will call at the venue on the day of the show. Seating is guaranteed until ten minutes prior to the screening.

SIFF 2010 TICKET WILL CALL
Festival ticket will call is available at the venue of your screening on the day of your screening. Beginning May 20, you may pick up your Festival will call at any venue up to 30 minutes before showtime, the venue of your specific screening up to 10 minutes before showtime. Venue Box Offices open 30 minutes before the first screening of the day and close 15 minutes after the last screening of the day begins. Seating is only guaranteed until 10 minutes prior to screening. No late seating.

To pick up your tickets in advance of your screening, please come to the Pacific Place Main Box Office (second level), or the SIFF Main Office (400 9th Ave N).

:)

OK, well I'm thinking someone may want to call a couple of days in advance to confirm this. Last thing I want is to show up at the venue on the Thursday night only to be told I need to get my tix somewhere downtown. I actually land in Seattle at 2pm that day so I don't have the option to be wrong about this....

I confess to not having read this whole thread yet :reject:

I have a ticket for the original show that was cancelled, I've been assuming I can just use that and show up for the show. yes?

I'm getting nervous about making travel plans (I live a couple hours S of Seattle), hope it doesn't turn into anxiety that keeps me home.

Read some bad reviews about Killing Bono, so I'll probably skip the premier and wait for the DVD.

I will be going to the concert with my son who is 13. I'm considering bringing him to the pre-concert gathering at the pub to "soak up the atmosphere". Does anyone know if they will let us in - and also if it is a good idea to bring a 13-year old to this pub? (I wouldn't hesitate bringing him to an Irish pub in Ireland, England or Norway, but you never know).

I don't believe you could even bring him into the pub, unfortunately. From what I understand, the laws here in the US are far more strict than they are in regards to minors in other countries, even if a guardian is with them.

You might want to call to double-check, but I'd be very surprised if he were allowed. Owl N Thistle

Also, and this may or may not play into your decision (if he would be allowed in), but typically the band hasn't started their sets until at least 10:00 at night.

Hope that helps. :)

Count me in for the Owl & Thistle on Friday night. Looking forward to meeting all of you! :wave:

I'm considering Killing Bono on Sunday, but it looks kind of stupid. I don't know. :reject: I'll be alone and don't have anything planned yet for that day, so I may end up going anyway.

Count me in for the Owl & Thistle on Friday night. Looking forward to meeting all of you! :wave:

I'm considering Killing Bono on Sunday, but it looks kind of stupid. I don't know. :reject: I'll be alone and don't have anything planned yet for that day, so I may end up going anyway.

Have you read the book? I loved that damn book, it was hilarious. Seeing the trailers, I think it will be good. Although, they did take some dramatic license.

We should report you to the U2 security staff. :tsk:

:wink:

:lol:

I'm expecting the movie to be rather silly (but fun), and not as good as the book. Which seems reasonable. :wink:

I'm a little late to the Seattle party. I'd planned for a long time on doing the west coast shows, but for the last few months it was tenuous, but now I've confirmed I'll be doing them including Seattle via car. As a result, I have no hotel lined up. I don't need to stay at the same place necessarily as my friends, but I'd like to be nearby for the gatherings, general drunkenness etc. I realized things are likely booked and/or expensive, but where is everyone staying so I can start searching the area?

Look for hotels in the Pioneer Square area, if you want to be within easy distance to the stadium and the gathering at Owl & Thistle. There's a Marriott and also a Best Western - those are the two I'm aware of.

The hotel that's right by the stadium (Silver Cloud) is a splurge, but maybe they'll have last-minute deals?

Glad you're joining the party! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom