June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been to any events at Qwest, so I don't know where a line-up would be. There is an area that's covered; hopefully we can line up there. I would expect it's way too early to call and find out.

The stadium is on the south end of the Pioneer Square neighborhood (which is on the south end of downtown), which has restaurants, bars, some shops, that kind of stuff. Right within walking distance. It's right by the train station and one of the bus tunnel/light rail stops, which is very handy as well.

For those staying at the Silver Cloud hotel, you have the best advantage, as you're right there to go back and forth to your rooms (and a bathroom! my biggest worry is if there'll be bathrooms around :lol: ).

Weather ... well, it's hard to say. Early June can be lovely, or it could also be dreary. Last June was miserable, and the scheduled date of the concert was the coldest June day in Seattle in many years. With my 10 years here, it does seem like every other year is a lovely June. So hopefully this year summer will come early. We had a stormy winter, which often means a lovely summer, so here's hoping.

Well... me and the family are finalizing our plans for Seattle. Driving in on the 2nd and back to dreary Great Falls on the 9th. Last time I visited Seattle I was with my parents and it was about 10 years ago. Looking forward to taking my little family on a tour of all of the sites I've visited.

Hey your Dad still with AS? I took a buyout five years ago now - kept the bennies - but miss it - a lot.

Where are you at for SEA?
Congrats on the job! My last year with AS I temped in DC - I LOVE DC - great city - I cannot say enough good things about living there - even during the summer months - which is dreadful in the humidity

sorry for late reply, didn't see your reply til today or i been really busy an forgot you replied..

yep, he's at AS still.. I am loving DC....

I am going with a friend to the show..

Roland, I'm sure there are some good ones right around the Bellis Fair mall area. There's not a whole lot once you get onto the I-5 and are past Bellingham (going south towards Seattle), though. It's mountain territory for a good stretch of miles until you get near the Mt. Vernon area. I pass through that area all the time, but have never stayed there, as I live pretty close to the border. I'm sure Yelp will have some good recommendations!

:rockon:

I wonder when I should try calling Qwest Field and asking about a GA line. I suspect my questions will be greeted with ".... a what? You want to do what? What are you asking us?"

I wouldn't even bother calling. The people who end up working those days won't be prepared anyway.

Cool. I didn't know how people handled the pre-show stuff; I thought people still called the stadiums. But tha makes sense.

I'm sure whoever decides they're starting the line 8 days in advance and writes #1 on their hand will figure it out. :wink:

From what I've seen at other shows anything the venue might tell you now should be taken with a pinch of salt. U2 and Live Nation security guys hold briefings with local security just before the event and I've seen things change even on the day. What the venue may consider their normal way of doing things can be turned on its head by tour security - in all the cases I've seen for the better!

Where we have turned up early (i.e. pre-lunch) for GA I've always gone to double check with the tour security who regularly patrol the perimeter of the venue - just which gate will open first and so on. They have always been very friendly and informative. I've also seen them stand behind venue security at events making sure that e.g. people with handheld cameras are not hassled.

I'm starting to dare to feel a bit excited about this now. Seeing the reports of all the band members out and about in Berlin yesterday was good - fingers crossed no more health issues and the North American leg can get off the ground better than ever in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the link - I've been checking the site today and didn't see any information posted. Weird.

Sooo ... who wants to go? And when? Kind of bummed it's in the U-District. I hate going there - parking sucks (more than other parts of the city, which is saying a lot. :wink: )

It doesn't seem too far-fetched to wonder if the band would be around for the Thursday show, as it's the NA premiere and just a few days before the show.

Which isn't really the kicker for me to figure out what day to go to. It'd be cool to be there if the band is there, but to be honest, if it's going to be some sort of mob scene with people shoving shit at Bono to sign and shouting "BONO! BONO! BONO!" at him trying to get his attention, I'd probably just get out of the way anyway. :reject:

...to be honest, if it's going to be some sort of mob scene with people shoving shit at Bono to sign and shouting "BONO! BONO! BONO!" at him trying to get his attention, I'd probably just get out of the way anyway. :reject:

That's ideal. I'll just quietly go over to the side and get Edge's autograph. :D

(PS - I'm going to the Thurs show - it's actually the only one I'll be in town for, we leave on Sun 7AM on the train to Vancouver and then fly home ;) ).

I believe the Neptune is right smack dab in the heart of the U-District, and it should be pretty easy to get there from downtown.

Yeah, just looking - it's just on the block directly off of 45th/University where the bus stops. Looks like 23 minutes door to door - 5 minute walk downtown and 2 minute walk to theatre with a 16 minute express bus trip. Sounds good to me!

I'm going to go Thursday, I think.

Sunday is for recuperating. .... and maybe karaoke at night? :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom