June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thinking! ya, I may end up with a small over the shoulder bag if I decide to bring my Cannon Powershot camera.

I own a Cannon Powershot too!:D It takes awesome pics. You should see the collection of pics/video that I took during the shows I went to in Sydney and La Plata.:hyper:

I own a Cannon Powershot too!:D It takes awesome pics. You should see the collection of pics/video that I took during the shows I went to in Sydney and La Plata.:hyper:

Ya, I love the pictures it takes and especially the 12X ZOOM! It's awesome! I will be taking some great shots of the boys up close I hope from the RED ZONE! My only worry is that I don't want to be looking through the camera when they come over to our area, I want EYE contact!! I think as a performer that it would be incredibly annoying to try and connect with your fans but all you see are phones and cameras. I think Bono has made remarks about that somewhere.

Most stores in Canada don't have their inventory on their websites, which is super frustrating, but I just found ponchos for $7 at WalMart. :lol: They look pretty sturdy, so I'm going to pick one up at some point before I leave. A cheaper one would be nicer, but since I know for sure they have them there, I might as well just buy it from there, even though WalMart creeps me out. :lol:

I saw some decent-looking ponchos at Target recently for, I think, $10. The $7 at WalMart is probably a steal.

Ha!! We should do a poncho flash mob!
Remember weren't we talking about plaid shirt look for a Seattle-ish mob? Oh but wait, anything uniform is so not Seattle, very uncool. :D
We have to be original. Afterall this is where the WAVE was born. :D
I remember the talk of boards for Hawaii was to get everybody to wear RED and there were a lot of RED t-shirts but it wasn't enough to notice. Edge did wear a red shirt that night and I think Bono did under his coat. That was cool! They were reading the message boards or Dallas told them!:heart:

I saw some decent-looking ponchos at Target recently for, I think, $10. The $7 at WalMart is probably a steal.

Good to know. Thanks! :) We won't have Target here for another 3 years, I think. It cannot come soon enough! Although I hope it won't be a lame Canadianized version of it, like so many other things are. :angry: :lol:

I keep forgetting you guys don't have Target up there. WACKY!

I know. Canada is totes messed up, yo.

No Target? But where do you get your wine-in-a-juice box?

:lol: Um, nowhere? The liquor or beer & wine stores (only places you can buy booze) might have that. I've never bought wine that wasn't in a bottle before. :wink:

C;mon, people! Positive thoughts! It ain't gonna rain! It never rains on or around my birthday. NEVER.

After two of the rainiest May days in history, we are supposed to start warming up to hit 70 on Friday, with a stretch of five mostly sunny, warmer, and DRY days.

Here's hoping this is the start of a trend.

Ya, finally the warm weather is coming!! Yeah!! There's nothing better than a clear bright blue Northwest sky and sunset to top off the evening! It's the most beautiful city in the world on a clear day with all the mountains out! Not biased or anything. :sexywink:

I'm bringing two ponchos just in case.:crack:

Wearing short-sleeve T-shirts in Seattle last year was a big mistake.:tsk:

Yeah, last June was ridiculous. :down:

So, there's a Mariners game the same day of the show, but the good news is that it's an afternoon game, so the traffic should clear out and parking should open up by late afternoon, for anyone that will be coming later and driving.

And there'll be loads of food vendors at close hand to provide us with nummy snacks for lunch. :wink:

Good to know! :) Since I'm planning to soundboard it, I won't be showing up until later, so that's good that I should hopefully be able to park somewhere in the area. Not that I really know what time to show up at anyway, since this will be my first time doing GA...

At the shows I've been to so far with GA, I think we've gotten there right around when the doors open, or just after (as the line has mostly all been in by the time we walk in), and the soundoard spot does seem to get taken pretty quickly.

If you want to be RIGHT AT the soundboard, leaning your back against the barrier, you may want to get there a little earlier. If you just want to be somewhere in that general vicinity, show up around when the doors open and don't even bother getting in line - just wait until the line is mostly done and then waltz in. :)

I don't even know what time the doors open at! :lol: :reject: I would assume an hour or two before the show starts... Something to lean against would be nice, but it's hard to know what I'm going to feel like doing until the actual day of the show. :) I'm going on my own, which is going to be strange, since I've never seen U2 on my own before, but I'm sure I'll make friends with the people around me. :)

There might be Interferencers who have GA but aren't planning on lining up all day - I'm sure you'll find someone to hang with. :)

If the weather is shitty, then I'll be right back there with you. :wink:

Oh, for sure. Totally not worried about that part of it at all. :D I just found out on FB this afternoon that my former university RA is coming, so that's really fun. We're going to try to meet up at the show, since we haven't seen each other in eons, so there's a good likelihood I'll be able to hang out with her. And I make friends pretty easily, so even if I'll be alone, it's all good. :)

:up:

I'm planning to spend the day with family & friends in town who aren't going to the show. I live so close to Seattle, but don't get there as often as I'd like to. I'm looking forward to having several days to do U2 stuff and also hang with my family/friends there. :)

So, there's a Mariners game the same day of the show,

There's a Mariners game that falls on the same day as a U2 concert again?! Too much of a coincidence.:shifty:

Since I'm planning to soundboard it, I won't be showing up until later, so that's good that I should hopefully be able to park somewhere in the area. Not that I really know what time to show up at anyway, since this will be my first time doing GA...

I soundboarded it at the third La Plata show. The only problem is that people on the pitch will randomly walk by in front of you throughout the show. And then you'll get some tall person just walk up and stand in front of you.:angry:

That's what happened to me when I soundboarded it for the first time. I missed the "bridge fight" between Bono and Edge because of it.:down:

2 weeks and 4 days until the best band in the world is rockin us all! I wish I could meet up with you all at Thistle and Owl and see Zoo Station!! I will be seeing Adele in Portland instead.. bummer, lol... I had a blast meeting other U2 fans in BC in 09...
Question-- Where does the GA line start up at Qwest Fields?? And for Seattle when does it usually start up? In BC, I got there at 4am and was 144 in line... and got front and center... Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom