June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you read the book? I loved that damn book, it was hilarious. Seeing the trailers, I think it will be good. Although, they did take some dramatic license.
No, I haven't read it. Maybe I'll read it before seeing the movie.

Look for hotels in the Pioneer Square area, if you want to be within easy distance to the stadium and the gathering at Owl & Thistle. There's a Marriott and also a Best Western - those are the two I'm aware of.

The hotel that's right by the stadium (Silver Cloud) is a splurge, but maybe they'll have last-minute deals?

Glad you're joining the party! :)

I appreciate the advice...searching now :)

I appreciate the advice...searching now :)

I'm staying at the Doubletree Arctic Club on Cherry St. on Saturday night, and at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square (also on Cherry St.) on Friday night.

Both are right across from each other and are near the Owl & Thistle. And it shouldn't be a long walk from Qwest Field.:)

So Cori, are you making a reservation for us IFers? There's 5 of us coming to the Friday night show at Owl/Thistle ... can we please be included if so or should we just get there early too? Either way, please seek me out to say hi - I'll have on the hat ;)

<---------

I'm going to see if we can make reservations to even just snag a few big tables, but I'm not holding my breath. It's just a pub, and the only decent place to be to actually see the band is right by the stage. It's ridiculously teeny. We had to get there really early last time they played there.

I think a few of us will be there around 6 and will do our best to hold a few tables right by the stage along the wall, and hope for the best. :(

I think the plan is to just show up when you can, and squeeze in. :) I'll see if I can have little "Interference" signs to put on the table(s) so people can figure out who we are.

Nice! We do know we have to get there early so we'll try to arrive around 6 too. It's not that big of an armpull to get my crew to go to an Irish pub early and be forced to drink a "couple more" pints of Guinness. LOL!

Really looking forward to it!

Just wondering if anyone is planning to, ahem, drive down to Oakland from Seattle? I'd like to do that west coast road trip instead of flying, but I realise it's a fair wee jaunt.

Finally bought my plane ticket yesterday. I won't be arriving until 6:40 on Friday evening. But, I'm of course still planning on hitting up the Owl n' Thistle. Hopefully I'll make it in time for the start of Zoo Station. I'll just wear my dancing shoes on the plane. Since I'm not arriving until Friday I decided to extend my trip until Tuesday. So, if there is still plans for karaoke on Sunday I'm game. Now I'm officially getting excited.

I am so psyched for the show!! :hyper:3 weeks and counting!! Now to figure out what to wear. The weather here has been so hit or miss. Definitely not hot, very mild temps in the 60's. I think layers are the way to go but which layers? arrgg. Anybody having fashion fits yet? Ladies?

Any locals have any MUST VISIT places to eat? :drool: I've already figured out lodging and everything else! Can't wait to visit the Seattle area, it's been a long time since I've visited. I've always been in the area in late July or August when the weather is beautiful. I agree, early June could bring anything as far as the weather goes... fingers crossed for good wx.

Definite fashion fits, Jeannie!

I went out and bought a bunch of new capris - never want to be in longer pants in the rain because once your cuffs get wet...

I'm a hardy Canadian, as long as it's over about 65 at show time, I'll be OK in the capris. Tend to overheat a bit watching my favourite Welshman ;)

Now for what to wear on top is the question........

Watching Seattle Sounders game that is being played in the rain at Qwest Field tonight... getting more amped for the show... even if it is in the rain. Hope the fans bring the same excitement as these soccer fans! Was disappointed with the energy level of the casual fans in the expensive seats in Chicago back in 2009. Missed being in General Admission. Making up for that this year!

I am so psyched for the show!! :hyper:3 weeks and counting!! Now to figure out what to wear. The weather here has been so hit or miss. Definitely not hot, very mild temps in the 60's. I think layers are the way to go but which layers? arrgg. Anybody having fashion fits yet? Ladies?

I am freaking out that it's going to be cold and wet. Do you remember last year, on the day the show was supposed to have been, and it was the coldest, darkest June day in, like, 50 years? Thank god the show wasn't that day. :lol:

I'm all about layers and a just-in-case raincoat. My only real fear is that the weather will be crappy enough to make me not want to sit in the GA line, and will yet again settle for being at the back. :(

Are you going to come to the gathering at Owl & Thistle on Friday night, Jeannie?

Any locals have any MUST VISIT places to eat?

Salumi's. YOU MUST GO. (Hint, only open Tuesdays - Fridays until mid afternoon or so. Be prepared to stand in line. Totally worth the wait.)

Salumi Artisan Cured Meats

Just look for the tables full of U2 fans .... although there are probably going to be U2 fans throughout the whole place. :wink:

Cori, I don't think I will be able to go to the Owl and Thistle on Friday night, :( as much as I would love to go! Family committments. I may try to get out of it, but I can't promise I'll be there! Saturday is going to be such a great day rain or shine! Let's just hope that the sun Gods are shining on us that one day! I really don't want to be drenched like it is today. OMG. It's a freaking monsoon outside. :ohmy:
I just thought of something though... we may get bare chested Adam again if it rains :lol:

I know, this weather today is the pits. Although actually, if it's going to insist on raining, I hope it's at least 10 degrees warmer. Then it wouldn't be so bad.

I don't mind rain or gray, I just want it to be warmer! :scream:

I'm 99% sure I'm going to be soundboarding it, since it will be my first time doing GA, and I have plans to be closer for my other show. I think I might go looking for a cheap dollar store plastic poncho to buy, just in case. That way I can wear layers but also not have to worry about carrying a bulky raincoat if it turns out to be a decent day. :lol:

Ya, the gray sky doesn't bother me either and if it's a little cool that's ok too since we will be jumping and dancing in the red zone! I always heat up fast so if it's a little cool that's fine with me! Come to think of it I bought one of those cheap hooded ponchos for the Hawaii show just in case, but thankfully did not need it! It was glorious weather. We shall see!! So excited!!:hyper:
That's the thing about coats... you wear layers and then the sun comes out and you roast then you have to figure out what to do with the coat so the poncho thing is a good idea Thora! Can always toss it too if it gets in the way or tie it around your waist! I am not bringing a backpack, everything is going to be on my body since we are in the RZ so I won't have a place to stash extra layers.

Exactly! I warm up super easily too, so I know a coat is going to be totally unnecessary. I have to bring a purse of some kind to hold my crap (I need an inhaler with me, camera, etc.), so the poncho can be easily stored in that, if it isn't needed. Thankfully I have an over the shoulder bag that's fairly small, so I won't have to think about holding it or putting it on the ground and having it get stolen or whatever.

Good thinking! ya, I may end up with a small over the shoulder bag if I decide to bring my Cannon Powershot camera. It takes great pics and it has a 12X zoom lens plus video. :) I am the kind of person though that likes to LIVE the show, not record it since I want to enjoy being in the moment. I took one picture at the Hawaii show then put my camera away so I wouldn't be fussing with it the whole time. I found lots of pictures others took later on the web, so I am debating if I should take the camera at all. But you know sure enough if I don't, I will bump in to Bono or the band somewhere, you know in my dreams, and then I won't have a camera! Horrors.:ohmy: We can't have that happen now can we?:wink:

I say bring it, if it fits easily in your pocket or bag. Just tell yourself not to get carried away taking pictures during the show. If I were doing Red Zone, I'd take a few pictures just so I could show people just how close I was to the stage. :wink:

I like to really experience the show too, so I won't be taking a bazillion pictures. :) I always keep my camera (a small point and shoot, but it takes fabulous photos) in my bag with me no matter what. But then again I'm a photography nut, so I like to always be prepared in case there's something I see that's worth photographing. :)

Ya, I will bring my camera with me, def want to take pics from the RZ!! It's kinda bulky though. I bought it way back when before the smaller digital cameras became so awesome. What kind of point and shoot do you have Thora? I may buy a small one just so it's easier to handle or borrow one from somebody! :)

It's an 8.1mp Sony Cybershot, and it's very compact and lightweight. It's pretty basic, but it does take awesome pictures. I'm saving up for a Canon SLR, but that's a ways off. For right now I'm happy with what I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom