June 30, July 2nd - Camp Nou BARCELONA - triple night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time U2 didn't have an empty day between the first and second night of a tour was 1992. They typically even have empty days between the first and second nights of individual legs of tours already under way. So if there is a second night in Barcelona, my money is on 2 July, or possibly even the 3rd.

The last time U2 didn't have an empty day between the first and second night of a tour was 1992. They typically even have empty days between the first and second nights of individual legs of tours already under way. So if there is a second night in Barcelona, my money is on 2 July, or possibly even the 3rd.

You have a point there! 2nd seems quite realistic in that case.

Hello there from Spain!!

The pre-sale has finished and there's no news about a 2nd night in Barna. A huge rumour around here is a Sevilla gig but nothing has been confirmed at the moment.

I just can tell you the prices are for crazy pockets...we are(Spain) in a middle of a crisis but U2 didn't take that into account, hehehe.

Well, I've got my GA tickets and I will try to enjoy as much as possible without thinking in my pocket :D .

Best from Spain!!!

Hello there from Spain!!

The pre-sale has finished and there's no news about a 2nd night in Barna. A huge rumour around here is a Sevilla gig but nothing has been confirmed at the moment.

I just can tell you the prices are for crazy pockets...we are(Spain) in a middle of a crisis but U2 didn't take that into account, hehehe.

Well, I've got my GA tickets and I will try to enjoy as much as possible without thinking in my pocket :D .

Best from Spain!!!

Thanx, please keep us updated ...

General sale should have started by now. Any news on how it's going?

It's hard to believe there won't be a second Barca show. There's a long gap between Barcelona and Milan.

General sale should have started by now. Any news on how it's going?

It's hard to believe there won't be a second Barca show. There's a long gap between Barcelona and Milan.

GA's sold out within minutes and I'm actually talking of minutes because they were gone by 10:01! Clicked for 1 GA at 10:01 and got nothing.

The show sold out by 10:50 completely, not even single seats available anymore.

That's true, I just checked ticketmaster.

I say we'll have a second Barca show soon. Too long gap between Barcelona and Milan.

No word about the date, I'd reckon it must be the 1st July. Nonetheless the 6 day gap between a possible 2nd Barcelona Show and the 1st Milan gig is strange: I highly doubt they'll add a 3rd Barcelona gig on the 3rd July, but think they might still be in negotiations about another possible Spain show somewhere else. Madrid, Valencia and Sevilla were all rumored previously.

There's no way they would just lay back an entire week after the opener!

I wondered if Gelkenshirken(you get the point) was going to be bumped up to be the 2nd city of the tour.

I wondered if Gelkenshirken(you get the point) was going to be bumped up to be the 2nd city of the tour.

No. The problem with Gelsenkirchen was whether it would be on the 3rd or 4th of August.

Now some Spanish radio report obviously about a 3rd night. Anybody knows about the schedule?

3rd Barcelona date – when?

Several websites like u2place.com, u2miracle.com and u2valencia.com do speculate about an official announcement, that will soon confirm a 3rd date in Barcelona. Any ideas, when this will be? Friday 3rd or Saturday 4th? Lucky Spanish eyes ...

Could be :hmm:

Still a gap between Barcelona and Milan. And it would make sense since it's the only show in Spain, and the first and second show were sold out pretty quickly.

The only thing I wonder about it why there is only one day between show 1 and show 2, since U2 always like to take some time off after opening shows, to wait for reviews, re-work things, analyze the show etc.

Still a gap between Barcelona and Milan. And it would make sense since it's the only show in Spain, and the first and second show were sold out pretty quickly.

The only thing I wonder about it why there is only one day between show 1 and show 2, since U2 always like to take some time off after opening shows, to wait for reviews, re-work things, analyze the show etc.

Of course it could be, mate – but when? Maybe they put another day inbetween 2 & 3, maybe they play a real double night like 2nd/3rd July ...:wave:

First Milan show = 7 July.

That's a four day break after Barcelona 2.

Maybe they'll check the reviews and stuff after the first two Barca shows and add a third one on 4 or 5 July?

Btw, I haven't heard anything about a third show, but I think it would make sense.

Btw, I haven't heard anything about a third show, but I think it would make sense.

Alright, here you are – the two most important sources yet:

translated from u2place.com:

"In the meantime Spanish radio confirm a 3rd date in Barcelona, after the two dates, scheduled for 30ieth June & 2nd July. Relying on the Spanish sources this announcement wil take place today (= Saturday:wink:) or Monday."
U2place - Nuova data a Toronto e terza data a Barcelona!? - Le notizie in italiano sugli U2

while u2miracle.com sort of confirms this rumour:
U2Miracle.com - El s?bado se anunciar? el tercer concierto de U2 en Barcelona

Nope, I guess it is a nuance more :wink:. But the question remains: Friday, 3rd –or Saturday, 4th to have another day inbetween dates to work on the show, rehearse etc.?

:confused:
The second show hasn't gone on general sale yet. How can it be sold out then? Of course, I expect it to sell out quickly. :crack:

If this happens, they should mix up the setlist a whole lot already on the first three nights (something like the Dublin nights in 2005).

If this happens, they should mix up the setlist a whole lot already on the first three nights (something like the Dublin nights in 2005).

This I really doubt, they will use the shows withthe gaps inbetween to fix, what the actual setlist will be like –of course with some changes:wave: ...

I'll feel very sorry if U2 announce the third show in Barcelona instead of going to some other city in the country, I know it will be more economical for the band, but it is annoying many fans here, if after that they write their sentences in Catalan instead of Spanish, it will be a very bad step indeed.

I'll feel very sorry if U2 announce the third show in Barcelona instead of going to some other city in the country, I know it will be more economical for the band, but it is annoying many fans here, if after that they write their sentences in Catalan instead of Spanish, it will be a very bad step indeed.

Why not just look forward, that you Spanish/Catalan people get the opening of a huge world tour? That you guys should feel united, privileged, happy to host U2 for two week of rehearsals and performances? That you guys should welcome the band, who will play not only a multiple but also a triple night in your country? And, yes, that you guys will have a good chance to get fervent versions of "Spanish Eyes", a tune, I'm longing for ages? :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom