June 29, 2011 - Sun Life Stadium - Miami, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I'm in Miami! (Doral technically :wink:) Arrived at 3 PM to overcast skies (rained here starting at 6 but stopped an hour or two ago). Planning to get my tickets at the stadium tomorrow morning (will call) and maybe head to the show at around 4 PM - 5 PM. Traffic is going to be a killer, though. So excited and really pumped! :hyper:

I can't believe I waited so long to come check out this thread. Normally, I would be posting like crazy up until the show, but being a new mommy has made that a little harder. :wink:

For those of you coming from out of town, pretty much every day during this time of year will forecast "scattered t-storms." It all depends if we are lucky to have a cloud pass us by. Just dress in the way you would be most comfortable if soaking wet. :D Guess I'll be skipping the jeans and white t-shirts. :sexywink:

I am not doing GA this show. I have typically gone GA for the past 3 tours, but decided to go with seats when the fan club sale happened a month or so after the Tampa 09 show. That had to be one of the worst GA experiences I have ever experienced. It was truly inhumane how they kept us squished in tight spaces (remember that covered portion as you entered the stadium where they kept us for 2 hours? ugh) and how they moved the line with no advanced warning and ahead of schedule. I am hoping that Sun Life is orderly and has a plan (and sticks to it). For those doing GA, drink drink drink water. So many people were passing out from the heat in Tampa. It's not joke. I am a hardy person, and I was starting to feel faint.

Just saw this on Sun Sentinel about the show:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-u2-concert-turnpike-20110628,0,2831936.story

Also a Press Conference today about the claw.

21 hours to go!! Sweet dreams till tomorrow!!

:hyper:

The GA line started earlier today.

They are over 100 people already. Not sure whether fans can leave and come back in the morning....

So...I'm in Miami! (Doral technically :wink:) Arrived at 3 PM to overcast skies (rained here starting at 6 but stopped an hour or two ago). Planning to get my tickets at the stadium tomorrow morning (will call) and maybe head to the show at around 4 PM - 5 PM. Traffic is going to be a killer, though. So excited and really pumped! :hyper:

haha you're in Doral? I live in Coral Gables! :wave:

I have stadium seats a few rows up on Adams side, but Im leaving my house at 5:30- hopefully wont be too much traffic.

I just hope it doesnt rain, to me thats the biggest worry!! :pray:

oh and I will pee my pants if they play Ultraviolet! Please U2, play that song instead of Batman!!!

I think it will rain. It rained pretty much all day over here in Fort Myers, so I'm prepared for it. I was pleasantly surprised we got Ultraviolet in Baltimore, so now I kind of want to hear HMTMKMKM. Which ever one they play, I'll be happy. This is my only GA ticket for this tour, so I'll be arriving earlier than normal. Have fun, everyone!

zooropop40 said:
haha you're in Doral? I live in Coral Gables! :wave:

I have stadium seats a few rows up on Adams side, but Im leaving my house at 5:30- hopefully wont be too much traffic.

I just hope it doesnt rain, to me thats the biggest worry!! :pray:

oh and I will pee my pants if they play Ultraviolet! Please U2, play that song instead of Batman!!!

:wave: I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow night, though there's a 40% chance at night (down from 60% I suppose) but being an out-of-town guy I might bring a poncho. As long as it's drizzling and not pouring, I'll be fine.

I prefer UV (51%) to HMTMKMKM (49%) :wink: but I will be happy with whatever they play. Hoping there isn't heavy traffic which there might be.

Wow, my first-ever U2 show. Terribly excited! :hyper:

Hi alli, wondering if you have any GA updates! Cheers!

Beershack, hope you enjoyed your day at the Blue Monster! How are things rolling at El Palacio?

23 hours!

El Palacio very quiet tonight (they didnt even open up the hotel bar) - opens 3pm tomorrow allegedly

7am tee time , then pregaming at the Palacio

yes, me too! anyone want to meet somewhere before the show or between the opening act and U2? (assuming you're not in GA of course!)

Good morning, so it is 4:50am ET, I slept for four hours or so, headed towards the GA line, apparently there are close to 100 already in line, it rained sporatically and heavily last night, will find out more about their experience upon arrival, I say, nothing will dampen their mood, not mines anyhow, rain or shine, we have a show to put on tonight, ...can't wait to meet some/all of you tonight, I'll be the one with the mini-cabana on line, hope it helps with the sun and rain, ...here is hoping for a couple of surprises tonight, BAD or OUT OF CONTROL, perhaps, ...signing out, peace to all!

Ugh, stop ruining it for me! I can't there until 4:30 or 5 if I'm lucky! :(

I'll probably wear my custom Play Mofo! hat if you wanna say hello. I'll be the one at the end of the line. :/

GA line was moved to under the stadium roof by gate E, parking for GA is at #8. queue numbers are by 211 now

Morning! It's SHOWDAY! :happydance: :rockon:

I'm heading to the stadium soon - but to pick up my will call tickets with my Dad. On the other hand, heading to the show at around 4 or 5 PM - trying to avoid traffic being out-of-towners.

Wish I could meet you guys! :wave:

I wish!

I think I'm going to ustream a song from tonight's show. :hmm: Hopefully I'll get close enough to do it justice. I'll post the link in the setlist party once I decide. :up:

Not too much shade - the ceiling is pretty high. Some guys just finished putting up a beach tent. Where the line is continuing to now is outside.

Passed by the stadium this morning at 9:30 to get the tickets with my Dad. There was already a vibrant atmosphere, which is great. Many people were heading to the GA line with small coolers and beach chairs. It has remained overcast with not many rain showers - looks like it will indeed be raining heavy as the day goes on. We'll be heading to the stadium at around 5 PM to avoid killer traffic.

Incredibly pumped, just hours away. Have to find ponchos (we're not locals!) and charge my camera battery. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom