June 29, 2011 - Sun Life Stadium - Miami, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if you´re gonna go sit at the GA line since 8 am your best bet for food would be to bring snacks, sandwiches or food?

By your description, it doesn´t seem like there´s a place to acquire food nearby.
I am pretty there is going to be a kiosk selling hot dogs, chips, and drinks alongside the queue line. This was the case for Tampa, I even remember the guy that sold it to me, he was African American and disabled. He was by far one of the kindest persons I'd ever encountered, he even explained the whole GA line process to me better than anyone else, even better than the employees at RayJay and the people lined up.

Good lord I hope not... the concert isn't for another 48 hours.

I understand people lining up one night in advance... but two?!?

I am with you... actually hoping they will line up in the morning of the concert...
Don't get too freaked out, two nights would be a little extreme; but I am sure you are gonna find around 100 people already lined up overnight on the morning of the 29th.

So I'm seeing on Twitter that the band have arrived in Miami and a pic of the U2 360 plane has been taken already, along with The Claw at Sun Life. :hyper: My flight isn't until tomorrow - hope the bad weather holds off!

The show's creating plenty of buzz in Miami, can't wait.

Good lord I hope not... the concert isn't for another 48 hours.

I understand people lining up one night in advance... but two?!?

At the Anaheim shows, the line started forming around noon two days before the show and by that evening I think there were like 100 names on the sheet...and night 2 started forming sort of concurrently with night 1. That second list didn't hold and the "real" line for night 2 started forming mid afternoon of the day before the 2nd show. I thought for sure the line would form at the latest today. GA people must be partying on South Beach.:wink:

So say I was to arrive at 7 am on the day of and get in line...

Realistically where would I be numbered (if at all)?

Furthermore, if I'm in line with a bunch of lawn chairs/cooler/whatnot, do people care if I go to my car to put it away perhaps 30 minutes before the gates open?

8:30am flight out of DC. Gonna head straight to the boots event and try to upgrade my seats

HappyBirthdayBlackKid.gif

Will you be there in line starting tonight?

Lol- less than no chance that Im camping out overnight for a free ticket.

I'll stop by tomorrow and check out the line at noon, if there are tickets left, cool. If not, I got a sweet pair of Zoo York kicks that someone will get anyway.

Lol- less than no chance that Im camping out overnight for a free ticket.

I'll stop by tomorrow and check out the line at noon, if there are tickets left, cool. If not, I got a sweet pair of Zoo York kicks that someone will get anyway.

pair of tickets as in plural my friend! to sleep or not to sleep, that is the question...

Holy crap it's pouring here at El Palacio Sports Hotel. Really dark skies and rain's whipping in at a 45 degree angle. So much for a walk to Sun Life Stadium at the moment! :ohmy:

Take rain over sun anyday. Be grateful if it's like this tomorrow. :up:

Between now and 2 pm Majic 102.7 is giving away 2 tickets to the show tomorrow. It's a secret contest they are not announcing on air.

Listen to the traffic report and when the guy says "there is some unexpected traffic next to the stadium due to the U2 concert" be caller 25 to 800.924.1027 for the tickets. Good luck! :wave:

pair of tickets as in plural my friend! to sleep or not to sleep, that is the question...

They had already reached the 100 fan limit by the time I got there from the airport at 11:50. No need to head there now.

Fans were given a voucher for 2 tickets that they have to pick up from the Stubhub booth at the stadium tomorrow.

Ticket locations are alleged to be random when you go to pick them up.

Holy crap it's pouring here at El Palacio Sports Hotel. Really dark skies and rain's whipping in at a 45 degree angle. So much for a walk to Sun Life Stadium at the moment! :ohmy:

Just checkd in to Palacio now (1pm). Weather overcast and beginning to clear. Gonna head to Doral and try tosqueeze in 18 before rain starts again

anyone seen or heard where the queue is or will be forming? I would really like to get to the queue tonight.

U2Jams said:
anyone seen or heard where the queue is or will be forming? I would really like to get to the queue tonight.

I live 15 min away...may have to check out what's going on later! I'm pumped !!

upon my visit to Sun Life, no one has lined up for the GA line!

but overheard about Gate 4 for GA Entry, lot 8 for parking, 6am, for GA that is, ...NOTHING confirmed but that is what I overheard, if you have any confirmation(s), please do share! Thank you!

just received this email:

U2 360 TOUR
Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sun Life Stadium looks forward to your visit. For your convenience, below please find important event information to help you plan your experience.

ARRIVE EARLY
Unlike a football game, where fans arrive early to tailgate, we expect a late-arriving crowd. Also, since the concert is on a weekday, you will encounter the usual heavy afternoon and evening traffic. As a result, we highly recommend that you arrive prior to 6:30 PM as we expect heavy congestion between 6:30 PM and 8:00 PM.

CARPOOL
If possible, please carpool in order to alleviate traffic congestion and maximize parking spaces.

PARKING
If you have a colored Parking Pass, the color of the pass will determine which parking lot you can park in. For example, an Orange parking pass will allow you to park in any of the Orange parking lots in the interior or exterior of the Stadium. If you purchased a parking pass through Ticketmaster, you can use the parking pass at any of the Sun Life Stadium parking lots, including the overflow parking lots (see below) EXCEPT for Calder. Please note, the Ticketmaster parking pass will not be accepted at Calder.

If you did not pre-purchase parking, parking will be $30 cash per car. Please bring exact change.

OVERFLOW PARKING
In the event Sun Life Stadium parking lots are full, overflow parking will be available at Walmart but in designated event parking spaces. Please use the entrance by NW 26th Avenue and Dan Marino Blvd and only use the designated event spaces. Parking in other spaces may result in your vehicle being towed. Additional parking will also be available at Norwood Elementary School on Dan Marino Blvd. and NW 14th Court, just east of the Turnpike. Your pre-purchased parking pass will be accepted at these alternate parking lots while spaces are available.

PARKING & EVENT TIMELINE*
6:00 AM Gate 8 Parking Lot Opens For Field Access/General Admission
4:00 PM Early Parking Lots Open
5:00 PM All Parking Lots Open
5:30 PM Stadium Gates Open
7:30 PM Show Begins
11:30 PM Show Ends

*subject to change

EASY ENTRY
For the safety of all guests, the following items are prohibited:
Animals (Except for certified animals assisting disabled guests.)
Alcoholic beverages
Bags, purses, or camera cases exceeding 14 in. x 14 in. x 8 in. in size
Bottles, Cans, Thermoses, Coolers, Hard Containers
Cameras with lenses exceeding 8 in.
Food
Noise makers, laser pointers, poles and any other item deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Strollers (Permitted in Suites only. Strollers must enter Gates C, G or E)
Umbrellas
Weapons of any kind

DIRECTIONS
For directions to Sun Life Stadium, please click here

Enjoy the Concert!

Sorry, guys, I know I´m definitely posting this in the wrong forum, but I´m leaving Honduras tonight and I wanna know how much cash I´m gonna need at the show:

How much are t-shirts and posters worth in the American Leg? :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom