June 29, 2011 - Sun Life Stadium - Miami, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok this is the problem, my dad knows him and to get my dad to talk to him is like pulling teeth :lol: :lol: He promised he will call him later. :D

:lol: I understand, though me and another guy posted emails we got from Sun Life in the past few pages - I guess that's a tidbit of the organization we may see next Wednesday?

It's been hitting the 100s in Central Florida. Although there's a chance of rain, prepare for a blistering hot day IMO. I'm packing light and likely will make it my single tanning day of the year considering I don't see enough sun while I'm in school :lol:

So thankful I found this thread!!
Will be going for the first time with GA tickets, so excited... our plan is to get there early and try to get in the circle. It will be hot!!! it's already hitting close to 100 degrees in South Florida.
My plan was to get there early and wait it out, do you guys think we will need to camp out the night before? If they don't allow us in the parking lot before 7, it is somewhat an isolated area of Miami, and I wouldn't feel safe waiting it out in the Walmart parking lot across the way...
Has anyone ever camped out there for a concert?

GioFlorida said:
So thankful I found this thread!!
Will be going for the first time with GA tickets, so excited... our plan is to get there early and try to get in the circle. It will be hot!!! it's already hitting close to 100 degrees in South Florida.
My plan was to get there early and wait it out, do you guys think we will need to camp out the night before? If they don't allow us in the parking lot before 7, it is somewhat an isolated area of Miami, and I wouldn't feel safe waiting it out in the Walmart parking lot across the way...
Has anyone ever camped out there for a concert?

If you want to be on the circle there is really no need to camp out. It is not the best niehborhood to be doing that type of stuff.if you get there around 7 ish you should have no problem getting into the circle and even maybe a rail spot.. but the earlier you get there the better chance of getting the spot you want . The GA line experience is what U2 is all about .. It's gonna be hot ,, but well worth the wait.

6 days? :happydance: Preparations should be starting to take place in the next few days, no? Heard it's hot as hell over there. Nothing unusual for me, as hear it is too.

Here - 84 degrees, with 74% chance of humidity. Heat index at 92. Chance of precipitation - 11% :wink:

Miami - 87 degrees, 70% chance of humidity. Heat index at 95. Chance of precipitation - 20%.

No change. Still hot though. :sad:

Yeah, camping out there overnight is not a good idea. It is too isolated for my taste and the area is not know for its safety. We will most likely come early in the morning bring lots of water and sunscreen and wait it out! It is worth the price to see them up close. I passed on getting club tix because I wanted to be able to actually see them :)
Thanks for the reply!

Check out the awesome videos posted by garciaricky0019 a couple days ago on this thread to see how early fans start camping out - Anaheim looked quite cold at night, but the hard core tough it out anyways for their choice spots. I'm sure Miami won't be any different. Rock on!!! See ya in the queue! Stay safe out there!

U2Jams said:
Check out the awesome videos posted by garciaricky0019 a couple days ago on this thread to see how early fans start camping out - Anaheim looked quite cold at night, but the hard core tough it out anyways for their choice spots. I'm sure Miami won't be any different. Rock on!!! See ya in the queue! Stay safe out there!

I just hope that everyone will behave and respect one and other when it's time to go in. There are alot of people that try to be slick and try to sneek in the front of the GA line seconds before they let everybody in.. I hate that !

Harold78 said:
I just hope that everyone will behave and respect one and other when it's time to go in. There are alot of people that try to be slick and try to sneek in the front of the GA line seconds before they let everybody in.. I hate that !

I got one GA Hard ticket left if anybody is looking.

El Palacio right next to the stadium (.5 miles) still has rooms for $99+

Great option if you are doing GA, or dont want to drive period

hello everyone:wave:
Me again, yes I know me with al the questions....but this is where Ican get direct information, and i really appriciate it!

Is there annyone that is staying at this hotel? I was wonderering if it's posible at all to go by foot to the stadium from this hotel, from google street vieuw point, it looks like there is no good/safe crossing point or pavement to walk on.
Is there someone here that can aswer my question?
Thank you!

hello everyone:wave:
Me again, yes I know me with al the questions....but this is where Ican get direct information, and i really appriciate it!

Is there annyone that is staying at this hotel? I was wonderering if it's posible at all to go by foot to the stadium from this hotel, from google street vieuw point, it looks like there is no good/safe crossing point or pavement to walk on.
Is there someone here that can aswer my question?
Thank you!

It's really not a walking area. Don't get me wrong, it can easily be done... but SunLife Stadium lies on the intersections of many local highways and interstate roads.

The area is not a nice area, that's for sure. It's in the middle of nowhere, really. That being said, I've never walked outside of the stadium down there, so I don't really know.

It's possible but really hard.

Good Lord. Ive walked this in less than 15 minutes. The google maps directions say 30 minutes, but that is assuming you are taking the same path as a car.

If you cut corners, and walk through the stadium parking lot its no more than 20 minutes.

You can see the stadium from the hotel, and the hotel will be full of other fans making the walk and may even offer a shuttle for this event like they have in the past for other shows (I havent inquired)

21485 NW 27th Ave, FL 33056 to Sun Life Stadium - Google Maps

Walking would be far more pleasant than waiting within your car in the massive traffic jam that there's going to be after the show.

I wont give two shits about waiting in traffic after the show!

I have to get my sister to the airport which is 45 minutes away from home the next morning by 6 am, and I still don't care! It's all worth it! It's friggin U2!

Miami

Thanks everyone for replying!
I think the only option for us at this moment is to go on foot, because I've just checked the TM site and we can't book any parkingtickets, and I don't if it's at all possible to arrive without a parking ticket/reservation. So I hope there are more people that go for the walking option.

Only U2 said:
Thanks everyone for replying!
I think the only option for us at this moment is to go on foot, because I've just checked the TM site and we can't book any parkingtickets, and I don't if it's at all possible to arrive without a parking ticket/reservation. So I hope there are more people that go for the walking option.

Its a closer and safer walk from the walmart to the stadium than the hotel to the stadium ..from the walmart parking lot Just cross 199 st and then there is a long side walk that leads right to lot 8 .. Check it out on google maps ( street view ).. I am planning to park at wal mart around 5 and then walk to lot 8... Anybody want to do the same ?? we can walk as a group. Then after gates c and d open and we claim our place in the ga line ...we can we walk back to walmart to move our cars into the parking lot 8 and unpack all the stuff.. What do u guys think??

Its a closer and safer walk from the walmart to the stadium than the hotel to the stadium ..from the walmart parking lot Just cross 199 st and then there is a long side walk that leads right to lot 8 .. Check it out on google maps ( street view ).. I am planning to park at wal mart around 5 and then walk to lot 8... Anybody want to do the same ?? we can walk as a group. Then after gates c and d open and we claim our place in the ga line ...we can we walk back to walmart to move our cars into the parking lot 8 and unpack all the stuff.. What do u guys think??

I know that Walmart is very strict about parking on their lot, I was advised not to park there unless it is in the designated (paid) areas they reserve for concert times... but that is a good idea....

Do you still have that ticket, I might have a friend who might buy it from you, how much?

GioFlorida said:
I know that Walmart is very strict about parking on their lot, I was advised not to park there unless it is in the designated (paid) areas they reserve for concert times... but that is a good idea....

Do you still have that ticket, I might have a friend who might buy it from you, how much?

Yea,, that's true maybe if you park at the walmart then go inside and buy like somthing small ..then you make your way to the stadium You know not make it so obvious that you are using their parking lot.. I do still have the one ticket left my friend could not go. Send me a private message .

My daughter and I are flying from Seattle and we are super excited! We are staying at Don Shula's hotel and I just talked to them about cabs to the stadium. We are Red Zone so not going to get there before 6, anyone else staying there and want to share a ride? The desk told me a huge chunk of the hotel is U2 fans.

Faraway, so close...my dad wants to put U2360 at the Rose Bowl one more time later tonight. It's pretty much not even the same show this time around :lol: Wish it was Tuesday already (arrival)! Can't wait for the show! :happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom