June 29, 2011 - Sun Life Stadium - Miami, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainy in Orlando today. Stormy all across South Florida.

Thanks for the weather up-date!
I still don't know what to pack:confused: :gah:, it's likely to be very hot but raining at the same time?! It's very confusing for me:hmm:
So booked hotels and car, got meself a very cheap seating ticket for the show ( still hoping to find A GA)

I still can't believe I'am actually going to Miami 6 day's from now :hyper: And further more can't believe I will be seeing U2 again:dancing::cabbagepatch::happydance:

is there any update on the possible entrange the band is using when they ( hopefuly) come and do A soundcheck? I really hope/wish to meet them there, as in Europe it's almost inpossible ( they always fly right back to Dublin or the South of France). So hopefully it will be my lcuky day next week.

woohoo miami, my first u2 show since vertigo!!

Hola Alli ;)

...Can't wait either, just checked weather.com (under zip code 33056) a/k/a Sun Life Stadium, and the predicted forecast for June 29th is of Scattered Thunderstorms!!!

...they been doing that crazy "rain dance" :happydance: out in the everglades a tad bit too much, as of late!! :coocoo:

Thanks for the weather up-date!
I still don't know what to pack:confused: :gah:, it's likely to be very hot but raining at the same time?! It's very confusing for me:hmm:
So booked hotels and car, got meself a very cheap seating ticket for the show ( still hoping to find A GA)

I still can't believe I'am actually going to Miami 6 day's from now :hyper: And further more can't believe I will be seeing U2 again:dancing::cabbagepatch::happydance:

is there any update on the possible entrange the band is using when they ( hopefuly) come and do A soundcheck? I really hope/wish to meet them there, as in Europe it's almost inpossible ( they always fly right back to Dublin or the South of France). So hopefully it will be my lcuky day next week.

Indeed it looks like it's going to be typical South Florida. Both blistering hot and rain at the same time. Expect a ton of sweaty humidity! Dress lightly.

I have no idea in regards to meeting the band, to be honest.

Well good to note that Raymond James Stadium isn't SunLife Stadium :lol:

My tickets finally shipped today! I bought them in November! To be honest, I was getting scared shitless that they somehow wouldn't be sent and I'd get a heartbreaking email or something that they don't have the tickets.

Now lets just make sure the tickets arrive! ETA Friday! I can't waittttt!!!!!!

Tampa in 2009 was a planning disaster by staff @ Raymond James. I hope we don't have a repeat.

I wish we had some pro-queue'rs, blue crack buddies, whom can teach us rookies how a true GA line is run, here are some videos that I found interesting and informative, maybe we can use them as a guide:

YouTube - ‪U2 Denver Pre-Show - Invesco Field, Colorado - May 21, 2011‬‏

YouTube - ‪U2 Salt Lake City Pre-Show - Rice-Eccles Stadium, Utah - May 23-24, 2011‬‏

YouTube - ‪U2 Oakland Pre-Show - Oakland Coliseum, California - June 7, 2011‬‏

Awesome videos, so looking forward to signing in on the 29th, or maybe 28th.....

I got GA tickets, but I probably won't be able to make it in until 5:30 or 6, depending on the traffic. I must work that day. :(
I hope I still nab a decent spot.

Anyone else has their tickets as Will Call? My dad just got this email from Sun Life Stadium:

U2's 360° Tour concert at Sun Life Stadium is less than two weeks away, on Wednesday, June 29, 2011. Your tickets to this spectacular event are ready for pickup.

Because of the high ticket demand for this show, we may experience extended wait times at WILL CALL the day of the event. While we are opening all ticket windows to handle the extra demand, at times, there may still be some unavoidable delays. As a result, we recommend you follow the following guidelines:

In Store Pickup
If you chose this option when you purchased your tickets, please visit any Ticketmaster Retail Outlet to claim your tickets prior to the show.

Pick up your tickets prior to the event date
Avoid any potential delay the day of the show and pick up your tickets from the Sun Life Stadium Box Office prior to June 29.

Sun Life Stadium Box Office
WILL CALL - Inside Team Store by Gate G
(south side of stadium)
Monday - Friday: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 2:00pm

Pick up your tickets as early as possible the day of the event
We encourage you to arrive early the day of the event and visit WILL CALL located at Gate H (south and west side) or Gate F. Will call will be open from 8:30am-3:00pm. At 3:00pm, the stadium will be closed for all traffic and will reopen again at 4:00pm when all parking gates are opened.

Our goal is to ensure that you receive your tickets in the most expedient manner possible so you may spend your time enjoying this memorable show on June 29. We look forward to your visit.

Thank you,

Sun Life Stadium Ticket Office

7 days left! :happydance: :hyper:

GA Line/Parking

Hey Everyone...just got an email back from the stadium about the GA situation for next week. Hope to see you guys out there!

Here's the reply:

Thank you for contacting Sun Life Stadium. Parking Lot 8 will open at 7 AM for General Admission ticket holders. You may begin lining up between gates C and D at this time. You are permitted to bring chairs and coolers in line with you but will be asked to return the items to your vehicle around 3 PM. We will start to bring people into the stadium just a few minutes before the main gates open which is scheduled for 6 PM.

The night before

Hello everyone,
Is there anybody here who is planing to be there the night before or prior to 7 am when the gates open. Where Wll everybody be hanging out ?

Hey Everyone...just got an email back from the stadium about the GA situation for next week. Hope to see you guys out there!

Here's the reply:

Thank you for contacting Sun Life Stadium. Parking Lot 8 will open at 7 AM for General Admission ticket holders. You may begin lining up between gates C and D at this time. You are permitted to bring chairs and coolers in line with you but will be asked to return the items to your vehicle around 3 PM. We will start to bring people into the stadium just a few minutes before the main gates open which is scheduled for 6 PM.

6 PM? That's a bit later than past shows in North America, no? :|

Hello everyone,
Is there anybody here who is planing to be there the night before or prior to 7 am when the gates open. Where Wll everybody be hanging out ?

LuckyNumber7 said:
Wait so... if parking opens up at 7 AM do people arrive... earlier????

Yes, many fans will show real early even the night before.. In Tampa we got there at 630 and there were like 100 people already there

Well...maybe people will be there before 7, but if only if they arrive by cab??

There will not be anywhere for people to park before 7am.

Yes, many fans will show real early even the night before.. In Tampa we got there at 630 and there were like 100 people already there

The night before? How does that even work? Camp outside of the parking lot?

When does the numbering start? So many questions...

If someone could pour out some information, what would I have to do to get absolutely the best standing (or close to)?

mvazzana said:
Well...maybe people will be there before 7, but if only if they arrive by cab??

There will not be anywhere for people to park before 7am.

There is walmart next to the stadium ...maybe there.

LuckyNumber7 said:
The night before? How does that even work? Camp outside of the parking lot?

When does the numbering start? So many questions...

If someone could pour out some information, what would I have to do to get absolutely the best standing (or close to)?

If you get there at 7 you should still be able to be right up front..if people do get there before 7 am then when the gates do open they will try to stay in the same order that they were outside the stadium.. The whole numbering thing is a waste.. Its all about honest, respectful fans in line . At least the first 100 people.

Number 7,

I'm sure some people will probably sleep in their cars or arrive to the stadium area before 7 am. Once 7 am hits, Lot 8 will be open, and you can make ur way to stadium.

Usually how it works, is that the first group of people in line start a numbering process. Where a pad is kept with names and numbers and hands are marked. I arrived to Tampa in 2009 at 12:00 and easily made it into pit. I arrived to shows in Boston at 1:00 and easily made it into pit. My experience is that the people who arrive at 7am (god bless em) want to be holding onto the rail in the very front spot. If you don't care about that...you can get there later and still have a great spot inside pit....or a great spot on outer railing.

when u arrive just go to start of line, and ask for a number...it will be easy to find.

I waited in line for Tampa from 2PM where it was ridiculously hot. People were passing out around me just waiting in line. In the end we ended up in the inner circle right agaist the back rail. The people next to us arrived at 6 PM and bypassed all that heat and torment.
I will not wait that long for any show ever again, to be honest. It was fun, but at the end of the night I was seriously dehydrated (all of us were, despite drinking a ton of water) and that lingers in my memory more than the actual show.
So yeah, I'll get there a bit later and sacrifice (possibly!) a further spot this time. Maybe I'll even get to enjoy the claw!

Tiger Edge said:
I waited in line for Tampa from 2PM where it was ridiculously hot. People were passing out around me just waiting in line. In the end we ended up in the inner circle right agaist the back rail. The people next to us arrived at 6 PM and bypassed all that heat and torment.
I will not wait that long for any show ever again, to be honest. It was fun, but at the end of the night I was seriously dehydrated (all of us were, despite drinking a ton of water) and that lingers in my memory more than the actual show.
So yeah, I'll get there a bit later and sacrifice (possibly!) a further spot this time. Maybe I'll even get to enjoy the claw!

Yea Tampa was rough!! But it's part of all the fun. A 10 hour tail gate party!! But the heat is gonna suck!! Oh well ... Only for U2

Been listening to U2radio.com "The Best of Live U2" since this morning - they just played If You Wear That Velvet Dress from Popmart Mexico City, now they're playing Vertigo from London 2005.

Still can't believe there are 7 days left! :applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom