June 29, 2011 - Sun Life Stadium - Miami, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy the show everyone!! I am heading out in a bit. Can't wait to see our 4 fave Irishmen! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Oh...and I just checked the hourly forecast and rain chance has gone down to 40% when U2 is on stage. Hey, that's something. Still, I'm bringing my poncho! ;)

danielle said:
Enjoy the show everyone!! I am heading out in a bit. Can't wait to see our 4 fave Irishmen! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Oh...and I just checked the hourly forecast and rain chance has gone down to 40% when U2 is on stage. Hey, that's something. Still, I'm bringing my poncho! ;)

Yeah, I saw it too. That's great in my opinion, but we're still taking ponchos. Hope you have fun too! :wave:

#459 & #460 :) got here at around noon, weather has held up so far. Had a few storms pass, and quite honestly I welcome the rain! For the show though, not the wait!

Only 3 more hours to go!

Wow, finally home! My sister and I somehow successfully had pit spots in between Edge and Bono and were standing right next to #30 and #21. With numbers #459 and #460. I think we did good!

This was the best concert!!!!! I am hooked!! Waiting all day in the GA line was so worth to get to see Bono standing 2ft away from me!!!
We were back rail right in the center!
could have done without the rudest Colombian national who got there at 6:30 pm, pushed his way into my friends spot until she couldn't take his armpit on her face any longer, threw his trash around everyone's else's feet plus had his kid pee in a bottle and then proceed to throw it down on everyone's feet. When we all complained, he got into my brother's face and tried to start a fight!!!!
Apart from that, it was the greatest time ever.
The people who waited in line with us were the best, now I know why everyone says the GA line is a great experience. Would I do it again? maybe get red zone tickets the next time. I had to leave the circle around mid concert, felt like I couldn't breath anymore with everyone crowding me. But I got a seat on the first row lower level and was able to watch the rest of the concert.

Overall, this was the best time I have ever had!!!!!!

This was the best concert!!!!! I am hooked!! Waiting all day in the GA line was so worth to get to see Bono standing 2ft away from me!!!
We were back rail right in the center!
could have done without the rudest Colombian national who got there at 6:30 pm, pushed his way into my friends spot until she couldn't take his armpit on her face any longer, threw his trash around everyone's else's feet plus had his kid pee in a bottle and then proceed to throw it down on everyone's feet. When we all complained, he got into my brother's face and tried to start a fight!!!!
Apart from that, it was the greatest time ever.
The people who waited in line with us were the best, now I know why everyone says the GA line is a great experience. Would I do it again? maybe get red zone tickets the next time. I had to leave the circle around mid concert, felt like I couldn't breath anymore with everyone crowding me. But I got a seat on the first row lower level and was able to watch the rest of the concert.

Overall, this was the best time I have ever had!!!!!!

We had two similar experiences...

First, there was a group of three people who tried to put their way into our spot in front of The Edge. The guy to our right and his sister, who both came all the way from the UK, said something. The three of them tried to ignore them... so then my sister and I said something and they still pretended like nobody said anything. Another man behind us said something and finally they got the message that nobody wanted them there. It was really a beautiful display of how great U2 fans are in that everybody was standing up for each other.

Second time it happened some really drunk bitch marched her way in just behind us, right in front of the people who were originally behind us. My sister said something and then the drunk girl said "Excuse me, am I standing in front of you?" so I said "No, you're standing in front of people who were here before you and before you say it, I'm going to take a stand for them because they were here first." And so she moved aside.

I think I know the three you're talking about. We were probably really close to each other being on Edge's side.

I just want to know if this is a big Miami issue or not. I guess I'll have to pose it in the GA tips and tricks thread. I did GA Tampa and we had nowhere near the amount of people crowding us like this place. These same two assholes kept coming back and forth, back and forth. Dude, do you see there is no space for this?!
Maybe it had to do with being in the middle, I don't know. It just seems like the hispanics had ZERO respect. And I am Hispanic. We would tell people off in both languages and no one gave a shit.
I probably will not do GA in Miami again. I'll get seats and then go to another venue and do GA. Miami people are the worst. It was like driving in Hialeah.

I think I know the three you're talking about. We were probably really close to each other being on Edge's side.

I just want to know if this is a big Miami issue or not. I guess I'll have to pose it in the GA tips and tricks thread. I did GA Tampa and we had nowhere near the amount of people crowding us like this place. These same two assholes kept coming back and forth, back and forth. Dude, do you see there is no space for this?!
Maybe it had to do with being in the middle, I don't know. It just seems like the hispanics had ZERO respect. And I am Hispanic. We would tell people off in both languages and no one gave a shit.
I probably will not do GA in Miami again. I'll get seats and then go to another venue and do GA. Miami people are the worst. It was like driving in Hialeah.

Perhaps... take a look at the other recap thread see if you recognize me or my area from the photos I posted!

Unfortunately it is typical of latin culture to be obnoxious and not care what other people think, typical of Miami hispanic community... and I am brazilian, although we are much nicer people :) It was just a disgusting display of bad behavior. This one person and his friends were just jerks. They were about ten people that came in after everyone was in place and just behaved like idiots.

Now, in the GA line and inside the circle we met other Colombians who live here, and they were the nicest. So, to me it is a class and a respect thing. Some people have it, others never will...

Yes, I met some very nice brazilians, two live here, the other in brazil, who teamed up with us and did not let the line jumpers pass through. For one, it was like 5:45 ebb they were trying to join their friends and they didn't have the wristbands either. We said, we don't mind if you jump, but you're going to have to ask every person behind us if they do mind.
They gave up and went packing to the back of the line. :up:

I guess we were lucky, everyone around us were very nice. We were on the rail in front of Edge. One girl came barreling through to complain about what happened behind us but she left after we wouldn't let her in and another drunk guy tried to barrel through. A very drunk couple had to leave the show because they were sick but hey if you are going to drink all day and stand in that heat in close quarters what do you expect? Our section was all cool in keeping their spots and loving the show!

Hmm Kassandra, I wonder where you were in regards to me because some of that sounds familiar. I must say, everyone who belonged in Edge's area was very, very nice. Of course, everyone who tried to force their way in, not so much.

Well I'm neither little girls nor a Mom :lol:

This was our position when Edge was in his normal spot -

dscn0715f.jpg

And this was me -

dscn0653tb.jpg

Hmm well you weren't the Portugese couple (I believe they were Portugese) because they didn't speak any English...

Were you to my back right or back left? Picture(s)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom