June 29, 2011 - Sun Life Stadium - Miami, FL - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #136
Blue Crack Addict
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 15,475
Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazzana View Post
Hey Everyone...just got an email back from the stadium about the GA situation for next week. Hope to see you guys out there!

Here's the reply:

Thank you for contacting Sun Life Stadium. Parking Lot 8 will open at 7 AM for General Admission ticket holders. You may begin lining up between gates C and D at this time. You are permitted to bring chairs and coolers in line with you but will be asked to return the items to your vehicle around 3 PM. We will start to bring people into the stadium just a few minutes before the main gates open which is scheduled for 6 PM.
6 PM? That's a bit later than past shows in North America, no?
__________________

prbiker15 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #137
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Local Time: 10:38 PM
Hello everyone,
Is there anybody here who is planing to be there the night before or prior to 7 am when the gates open. Where Wll everybody be hanging out ?
__________________

Harold78 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #138
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 14,894
Local Time: 10:38 PM
Wait so... if parking opens up at 7 AM do people arrive... earlier????
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 06-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #139
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7
Wait so... if parking opens up at 7 AM do people arrive... earlier????
Yes, many fans will show real early even the night before.. In Tampa we got there at 630 and there were like 100 people already there
Harold78 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #140
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Miami, FL, USA
Posts: 49
Local Time: 02:38 AM
Well...maybe people will be there before 7, but if only if they arrive by cab??

There will not be anywhere for people to park before 7am.
mvazzana is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #141
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Miami, FL, USA
Posts: 49
Local Time: 02:38 AM
It is a little later....heard Baltimore is letting them in at 5 tonight
mvazzana is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #142
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 14,894
Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold78 View Post
Yes, many fans will show real early even the night before.. In Tampa we got there at 630 and there were like 100 people already there
The night before? How does that even work? Camp outside of the parking lot?

When does the numbering start? So many questions...

If someone could pour out some information, what would I have to do to get absolutely the best standing (or close to)?
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #143
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazzana
Well...maybe people will be there before 7, but if only if they arrive by cab??

There will not be anywhere for people to park before 7am.
There is walmart next to the stadium ...maybe there.
Harold78 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #144
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7

The night before? How does that even work? Camp outside of the parking lot?

When does the numbering start? So many questions...

If someone could pour out some information, what would I have to do to get absolutely the best standing (or close to)?
If you get there at 7 you should still be able to be right up front..if people do get there before 7 am then when the gates do open they will try to stay in the same order that they were outside the stadium.. The whole numbering thing is a waste.. Its all about honest, respectful fans in line . At least the first 100 people.
Harold78 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #145
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Miami, FL, USA
Posts: 49
Local Time: 02:38 AM
Number 7,

I'm sure some people will probably sleep in their cars or arrive to the stadium area before 7 am. Once 7 am hits, Lot 8 will be open, and you can make ur way to stadium.

Usually how it works, is that the first group of people in line start a numbering process. Where a pad is kept with names and numbers and hands are marked. I arrived to Tampa in 2009 at 12:00 and easily made it into pit. I arrived to shows in Boston at 1:00 and easily made it into pit. My experience is that the people who arrive at 7am (god bless em) want to be holding onto the rail in the very front spot. If you don't care about that...you can get there later and still have a great spot inside pit....or a great spot on outer railing.

when u arrive just go to start of line, and ask for a number...it will be easy to find.
mvazzana is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 10:38 PM
I waited in line for Tampa from 2PM where it was ridiculously hot. People were passing out around me just waiting in line. In the end we ended up in the inner circle right agaist the back rail. The people next to us arrived at 6 PM and bypassed all that heat and torment.
I will not wait that long for any show ever again, to be honest. It was fun, but at the end of the night I was seriously dehydrated (all of us were, despite drinking a ton of water) and that lingers in my memory more than the actual show.
So yeah, I'll get there a bit later and sacrifice (possibly!) a further spot this time. Maybe I'll even get to enjoy the claw!
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #147
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge
I waited in line for Tampa from 2PM where it was ridiculously hot. People were passing out around me just waiting in line. In the end we ended up in the inner circle right agaist the back rail. The people next to us arrived at 6 PM and bypassed all that heat and torment.
I will not wait that long for any show ever again, to be honest. It was fun, but at the end of the night I was seriously dehydrated (all of us were, despite drinking a ton of water) and that lingers in my memory more than the actual show.
So yeah, I'll get there a bit later and sacrifice (possibly!) a further spot this time. Maybe I'll even get to enjoy the claw!
Yea Tampa was rough!! But it's part of all the fun. A 10 hour tail gate party!! But the heat is gonna suck!! Oh well ... Only for U2
Harold78 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #148
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Miami, FL, USA
Posts: 49
Local Time: 02:38 AM
HAHA...I hear ya. Tampa was pretty brutal! They should have let people wait in another area...it was seriously like 100 degrees.
mvazzana is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #149
Refugee
 
breathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami...New Orleans..Belfast and....Miami
Posts: 1,361
Local Time: 10:38 PM
South Florda radio playing a lot of U2 in sprite of the upcoming concert


Pride!!!
breathe is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 15,475
Local Time: 10:38 PM
Been listening to U2radio.com "The Best of Live U2" since this morning - they just played If You Wear That Velvet Dress from Popmart Mexico City, now they're playing Vertigo from London 2005.

Still can't believe there are 7 days left!
__________________

prbiker15 is offline  
 

Tags
crazy heat, lots of ponchos, miami, my mammy, no rain please

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com