June 27, 2010 TCF Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there may be a traffic management camera that can see some of the digital billboards around town. I'm busy all afternoon, so I can't try to look it up.

Anyone in the Twin Cities though, it was the billboard on westbound 394 just before the Plymouth Road exit, in front of Sports Authority.

Thanks for the tip (I didn't know there *was* a digital billboard there--I only knew about the one on 35W going north toward downtown), I'll keep a lookout next time I have to go to Minnetonka. :)

I got SIX GAs in the public onsale (well, 4 personally, and a friend got 2). Haven't received them yet, nor an e-mail from tm saying they've been printed...argh, I want to get them assigned/paid back already! ;D

Anyway, I'm really glad my home show was so lucky, it makes up for no luck on all three LA ones, and is probably a sign that I should just enjoy playing the host and not try to go anywhere else next year/not push my luck.

I'm totally in on any get-together there may be!

Well, bad news. If you remember my last message I was wondering if I would have a problem using my old presale code (2 remaining tickets) and my renewal code (4 tickets). They both went through and I thought I would have 6 GA tickets for my family.

Unfortunately, Ticketmaster canceled my 2 ticket order and I didn't find out until I received the VISA bill today. They weren't canceled until after the General sale started and by then it was sold out.

I guess I will be watching to see if any GAs become available. I suspect my original pre-sale code is no longer good either. :angry:

I should have known this would be a problem. I could have just had my son get in and order with my first code. :doh:

Anyone have extra GA tickets? :shrug:
Curt

I got my tickets today....a lot faster than other tickets I have purchased from ticketmaster!!!

I got my tickets! Dunno when, someone else had gotten the mail and put mine by the newspaper recycling. D: I picked up another piece of that pile and SAW THE TM ENVELOPE HIDING FURTHER DOWN. wtf, man, my tickets could've been put into the recycling.

I got my tickets! Dunno when, someone else had gotten the mail and put mine by the newspaper recycling. D: I picked up another piece of that pile and SAW THE TM ENVELOPE HIDING FURTHER DOWN. wtf, man, my tickets could've been put into the recycling.

Uh that would have sucked :down:
I've been checking the flyers and newspapers carefully since I ordered tickets :wink:

Awesome :up:
I'm getting dropped off in line the morning of the show. Planning a 6am lineup time :crack:
How far to drive from the hotel to the stadium?

Sunday morning, it shouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes to drive from the hotel the stadium--about 2.5 miles (4 km, ha!)

I'm going to stand at the back, so I definitely am planning on stopping by the line during the day on Sunday to say "hi" to folks.

Sunday morning, it shouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes to drive from the hotel the stadium--about 2.5 miles (4 km, ha!)

I'm going to stand at the back, so I definitely am planning on stopping by the line during the day on Sunday to say "hi" to folks.

Bring us from food and drinks :weekend:

*It'll be my first GA and I wanna get as close as possible so I'm gonna get there super early. Do you think 6am will ensure the first few rows of the pit?

*It'll be my first GA and I wanna get as close as possible so I'm gonna get there super early. Do you think 6am will ensure the first few rows of the pit?

From this past tour leg, I'd guess 6am will be more than early enough, but who knows for certain.
I'll be willing to bet campus police will have a lot to say about the GA line. They'll either be over-prepared or clueless assholes.

From this past tour leg, I'd guess 6am will be more than early enough, but who knows for certain.
I'll be willing to bet campus police will have a lot to say about the GA line. They'll either be over-prepared or clueless assholes.

I'm nervous already :crack:
Guess there's nothing to really do but show up early and hope everything runs fairly and smoothly.

It is my first GA too.....I am at the Days Inn which is pretty close, because I am planning on an early line up as well!!

I found out that a good chunk of the stadium is bleacher seating. This is good to know, if I'm trying to bring my poor mom with her crummy back.

For shows with bleacher seats, would they let you bring in those little stadium cushions?

If not, then I guess I'm aiming for seats in those middle sections, which means more $$$$. :grumpy:

I found out that a good chunk of the stadium is bleacher seating. This is good to know, if I'm trying to bring my poor mom with her crummy back.

For shows with bleacher seats, would they let you bring in those little stadium cushions?

If not, then I guess I'm aiming for seats in those middle sections, which means more $$$$. :grumpy:

I'm almost certain that would be fine. I believe they are allowed for football games.

I'm partial to REI's or Therma-Rest's:

liteseat_pd.jpg

I bring them on airplanes with me for either butt or lumbar support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom