June 27, 2010 TCF Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks. I think the whole stadium holds 50,000 ( I could be wrong) and I think that is why people are upset...And yes, we are a hot market....:love:

Normal capacity is around 50,000 with GA that will add another few thousand people.

Mpls will be a hot ticket because it'll draw people from Iowa, Wisconsin, and Canada. The Mpls Vertigo show sold out in about 5 minutes and was the largest ever crowd at Target Center.

Remember, there's also a show in Chicago that will attract people from Iowa and Wisconsin.

Welp, I'll shoot for a GA tomorrow and then figure out where the heck I'll stay.

Maybe I can beg my parents to schlep out to Minneapolis the night before and I can just sleep in the RV rather than get a hotel. :hmm: :reject:

If they go and add a Wisconsin show anyway after all this, I'm going to be very annoyed.

I can't imagine the presale to the U of M students is any different than what was alloted to UNLV students for the Vegas show. I had zero problems getting GA's in the presale for Vegas within the first 5 minutes using my Breathe code.

But I do agree this is going to be a tough show in the general sale because this show will service 5 states plus Canada. Yes people could go to Chicago but not if MN is closer, which in a lot of cases (the Dakotas) it is. I had to go through the general sale for Vertigo and it was a nightmare. :crack:

Ok, I don't mean to offend anyone, but how many college students have the $$ (or parents $$) to spend on U2 tickets.

Also, again no offense, but how many college students in Minneapolis are U2 fans? They could be casual fans, but is that enough for them to spend that kind of $$?

someone at my work said that their sister in law is a U of M student so he was going to find out today if she could get him 2 tickets with her presale code. So I agree that there's probably not 5,000 students trying to get 2 tickets each but they could be trying to get 2 tickets for other people. It happens all the time with sporting events too. UNLESS....the tickets are marked someway where you have to show your U of M id to get. Otherwise I'm sure there's going to be a lot of people trying to find students to get them tickets early on.

I can't imagine the presale to the U of M students is any different than what was alloted to UNLV students for the Vegas show. I had zero problems getting GA's in the presale for Vegas within the first 5 minutes using my Breathe code.

Or the UVA show in Charlottesville or the NC State show in Raleigh, or the venue presales in every single stadium so far in 2009/2010.

Here's the seating chart.

30748s_a.gif

So I think I'm taking my parents to the show. :lol:

I never in a million years expected them to say "yes" when I asked if they'd be interested in going, much less actually sound excited about it ... even after I told them it would be late, it would be loud, and they'd probably be standing for a long time.

... who are these people, and what have they done with my parents?

I'll probably buy a GA in the presale to have to trade or have as a just in case, and then buy as many cheap tickets as I can in the general sale.

not sure if this has been brought up or if it's an issue to anyone, but TCF Bank Stadium is a dry stadium....no liquor of any kind served. That includes ALL events. Just saw on the news that the U of M is not going to change that policy for U2 and there will be no beer served at the concert.

:panic: :panic: :panic:

This is probably good. That means all those fickle casual fans won't make any beer runs during the new songs and will be forced to stay there and realize how great those songs are. :wink:

I was just looking at hotels on a map and the Radisson, Days Inn and University Inn are the only options within walking distance. Next closest is the Holiday Inn Metrodome and then the Aloft Hotel. These would be a very long walk, but safe enough because it's mostly through campus.

I have no idea how the Days Inn and University Inn are, but the Radisson is pretty nice. The best part is that it is a very safe area with lots of bars and restaurants. There are plenty of taxis, too, so downtown is an easy trip. There are a lot of buses that run through that area as well, many of them connect in downtown.

not sure if this has been brought up or if it's an issue to anyone, but TCF Bank Stadium is a dry stadium....no liquor of any kind served. That includes ALL events. Just saw on the news that the U of M is not going to change that policy for U2 and there will be no beer served at the concert.

I don't understand this at all, for football and events. :shrug: Just drink a lot before you come in or bring a flask.

Too bad we miss out on some of the sales revenue.

we should plan a little meet and greet on 7 corners! I haven't been there in years...

I was thinking either Town Hall at 7 Corners or Leaning Tower by the Days Inn on Saturday night.

The down side is it would be a Saturday night and busy. Plenty of time to figure it out.

:up:

:lol: Yeah Raleigh was dry also. It was really funny to leave the GA area and see all of the airplane size liquor bottles strewn all over the floor. :wink:

Last edited:
Here's a dumb question that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, and just need confirmation:

Do all the general public sales on Ticketmaster start at 10:00 local time? So Minneapolis this Saturday would be 10:00 central time and 8:00 pacific time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom