June 27, 2010 TCF Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Amy, just wanted to let ya know your husband came to my work last night and finally said hi :D. He asked me if I was "the big U2 fan" :giggle:
I told him to say Hi to you from me :hug:

He told me...lol....

He is a shy one...he will be in line with us so he can hold our spots if we need to go eat or whatever....he was there again today at 1....that coffee is addicting!!!!

I look forward to meeting my line buddy!!!!

I found out that a good chunk of the stadium is bleacher seating. This is good to know, if I'm trying to bring my poor mom with her crummy back.

For shows with bleacher seats, would they let you bring in those little stadium cushions?

If not, then I guess I'm aiming for seats in those middle sections, which means more $$$$. :grumpy:

A number of people had cushions in Vegas...I don't think that should be a problem. Vegas had those horrible metal bleachers. It was a good thing we weren't sitting much. :D

He told me...lol....

He is a shy one...he will be in line with us so he can hold our spots if we need to go eat or whatever....he was there again today at 1....that coffee is addicting!!!!

I look forward to meeting my line buddy!!!!

Aww that's nice of him :up:
Hope you guys are morning ppl cuz I'm planning on getting there between 6-6:30am :wink:

I see plently of coffee addicts throughout the day. The regulars come there at least twice a day or more :lol:
I can't wait to meet my line buddy too :hug:

tickets were available at 10 am this morning. I ran to work for a bit and told a coworker. They tried to buy them barely an hour after I checked and there wasn't any available :(

Still looking for tickets. I'm reasonably confident that worst case scenario, I can get tickets on StubHub for what looks to me like reasonable prices ... but we'll be behind the stage. I don't mind so much.

I'd love it if I could snag tickets in the first row of any section, even if it's behind one of the legs - I think that would be the best. If not, last row of one of the behind-the-stage sections would be kind of fun, just for the "look! Worst seats in the house! WHOO!" factor. :lol:

Oh, man. Should I or shouldn't I?

Someone on eBay is selling 4 tickets (on the aisle) for the second row of a section in the opposite end of the field. Good price - pretty much face value, assuming those tickets are in the $90 range (which they probably are).

The seller has not sold anything else before, so has no feedback. Their location is in MN, so it seems fairly safe to think that they're a regular Joe just selling their tickets on eBay, not someone looking to scam anyone.

I emailed them to see if they were hard tickets or e-tickets, but holy crap, really want these tickets. Low row number, great view of stage (I'm assuming the soundboard area wouldn't block it - the section isn't directly back from the stage, it's one of those little corner sections).

Edit: Heh - okay, it just occurred to me that it's a good price now, but who knows what the price will be in 6 days. :( I assumed it had a "buy now" option, like so many other ticket sales on eBay do. I don't want to spend a ton - I'd rather buy cheaper seats behind the stage from Stubhub than way overpay for better seats.

Anyone got any advice for hotels near a good transit line AND that have free parking?

As for transit, I'd go with the Hiawatha light rail line that connects the airport/Mall of America with Downtown Minneapolis. Granted, it doesn't go to the U (Where the concert is), but is a quick and easy transfer at the Metrodome stop. As for a hotel, I've stayed at the Courtyard by Mariott, Radisson Bloomington, Hilton airport, and Embassy Suites Hotel Bloomington. All are exceptionally nice and a pretty quick commute on 494 to the line (Park and ride at the 28th Ave station is free regardless of the time you spend in the ramp, MOA is a good choice as well despite the fact that they discourage it and you have to be out by 2 or 3 AM) but note that the Radisson has a massive indoor waterpark attached, so that's a no go in my book if you don't want screaming kids at every turn.

Hope this helps!

As for transit, I'd go with the Hiawatha light rail line that connects the airport/Mall of America with Downtown Minneapolis. Granted, it doesn't go to the U (Where the concert is), but is a quick and easy transfer at the Metrodome stop. As for a hotel, I've stayed at the Courtyard by Mariott, Radisson Bloomington, Hilton airport, and Embassy Suites Hotel Bloomington. All are exceptionally nice and a pretty quick commute on 494 to the line (Park and ride at the 28th Ave station is free regardless of the time you spend in the ramp, MOA is a good choice as well despite the fact that they discourage it and you have to be out by 2 or 3 AM) but note that the Radisson has a massive indoor waterpark attached, so that's a no go in my book if you don't want screaming kids at every turn.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help! That's perfect!

Kelly, if I ever get my hands on the seated tickets I need, you can have my GA. But at this rate .... :sigh:

I have 1 GA and am trying to get 4 seated tickets. Right now, all that's available for what I consider to be "reasonable" (i.e., what I'm actually willing to pay) are for behind the stage seats.

I might end up having to do that, but I'm still looking on eBay and the like, and checking Ticketmaster in the hopes that more seats will be released.

I haven't decided yet at what date I'll panic and get whatever I can get, rather than wait until the last minute and have there be nothing available, or everything be way expensive. Part of me hopes that StubHub's prices will continue to drop a bit as time goes on.

that's a bummer that seats are so hard to come by.

My boss wants to take his wife so I said I'd try to help him out. There were GA's available in Dec on ticketmaster but he couldn't spend the money around the holidays. The tickets were gone by the time he wanted to buy. So he wants me to help him get tickets but he doesn't want to buy til next month. :crack: I said I would start to ask around now to give myself some time to come up with them. I think I should get some sort of broker fee from him!

There are TONS of GAs out on the secondary market, ranging from everywhere to $80 to ... well, outrageous amounts.

I can't figure out how someone would put GAs for sale for hundreds of dollars when someone can easily look on the same page and get the same tickets for $100. Some of them are Red Zone GAs, but many are just plain old GAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom