June 26, 2011 - Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis and I are at Spartan Stadium right now. #1 and #2. Spoke to Brian, U2's head of outside security (ie GA). The line starts at 7am Sunday. Location is where the red trucks are @ the service entrance. We are starting the GA queue at the moment, right now outside of Gate D. I have only 1.5 hours battery left on this netbook so wanted to shoot this out asap. Please pass this on to anyone on their way. Mahalo!

Security is saying they are not allowing anyone to line up anywhere near the stadium!!!!

Ticket - Section 14, Row 14

Guys,

I realize it's been years since I've posted here and I remember seeing some of the regulars way back in the Cleveland '05 show...

Anyway, due to the speed of life and poor planning I can't find anyone around SE & Central Ohio to take my second ticket for tomorrow's show.

If you know of anyone trying to see the guys, lemme know!

retrobacks@hotmail.com

trojanchick99 said:
Not at the stadium but what's been happening on this tour lately is they start a list then officially line up at 6 or 7 the next morning. So, I'd recommend checking in at the line then come back the next day.

I've seen these lists summarily dismantled by stadium security. totally unfair procedure and unnecessary. I say this as someone who used to start lists and participate in them as well.

If you're talking to security, get a ruling on that stupid "no purses" thing. Find out what they'll allow in. I've got a 6hr drive ahead of me and I am NOT looking forward to having to carry feminine supplies around in my pockets all day tomorrow![/QUOTE

I guess the chief of security is whatever she calls herself, is strictly adhering to these policies...I am shocked since since she is a SHE and should understand better. They are recommending ziplock bags!!!!!!! As if we're going into the airport....I think they really believe the claw is a real spaceship

If you're talking to security, get a ruling on that stupid "no purses" thing. Find out what they'll allow in. I've got a 6hr drive ahead of me and I am NOT looking forward to having to carry feminine supplies around in my pockets all day tomorrow!

I guess the chief of security is whatever she calls herself, is strictly adhering to these policies...I am shocked since since she is a SHE and should understand better. They are recommending ziplock bags!!!!!!! As if we're going into the airport....I think they really believe the claw is a real spaceship

Guys,

I realize it's been years since I've posted here and I remember seeing some of the regulars way back in the Cleveland '05 show...

Anyway, due to the speed of life and poor planning I can't find anyone around SE & Central Ohio to take my second ticket for tomorrow's show.

If you know of anyone trying to see the guys, lemme know!

retrobacks@hotmail.com

hey i remember you :wave:

Not at the stadium but what's been happening on this tour lately is they start a list then officially line up at 6 or 7 the next morning. So, I'd recommend checking in at the line then come back the next day.

They are not allowing anyone to gather or started any type of "list" here. They have already threatened to arrest people!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!.we have been trying...I am starting to wonder if this is a Michigan law and not just a Michigan State University Law....Same thing in 2005 at the Palace, No one was allowed to line up until 2 pm although a different system back then but still....

I've seen these lists summarily dismantled by stadium security. totally unfair procedure and unnecessary. I say this as someone who used to start lists and participate in them as well.

Depends on the security and of course whoever is leading the line. The 3 shows I was at on this leg, the lists were respected by security. In '09 one was and the other was the Rose Bowl fiasco.

I would say, if you are there, it doesn't hurt to get on the list but don't count on it lasting.

trojanchick99 said:
Depends on the security and of course whoever is leading the line. The 3 shows I was at on this leg, the lists were respected by security. In '09 one was and the other was the Rose Bowl fiasco.

I would say, if you are there, it doesn't hurt to get on the list but don't count on it lasting.

I've been at this long enough to know what works: get in line, be respectful and wait.

Thanks for the heads up but I can't find the people who started the list because security dispersed them ...and now I am worried that several lists are going to be started...I don't know what to do!!!

liban0214 said:
Thanks for the heads up but I can't find the people who started the list because security dispersed them ...and now I am worried that several lists are going to be started...I don't know what to do!!!

get in line, be respectful and wait ;)

If you're talking to security, get a ruling on that stupid "no purses" thing. Find out what they'll allow in. I've got a 6hr drive ahead of me and I am NOT looking forward to having to carry feminine supplies around in my pockets all day tomorrow![/QUOTE

I was told Ziploc bags are only permitted at a special "medical needs" entrance and you have to have a medical reason to bring whatever is in them inside. (via phone call)

Looks like it'll be a jacket around my waist and a pocketful of tampons shoved in it. :huh:

I think if people adhere to their policies, albeit unrealistic and unfair, they will leave leave us alone

The problem is though, how many people are coming from out-of-town and won't have gone online to read the "no purse" policy. If I hadn't heard it from here, I'd never have known. Our tickets were purchased via an in-store Ticketmaster back in April 2010, and therefore ticketmaster didn't send us any "no purse" email.

It's going to cause a lot of problems if every other person in line, GA or otherwise, has to be sent back to their car because they are carrying a small purse or tote. Especially with pretty much the majority of the crowd being from out-of-town.

I took my big-ass Bono Rolling Stone bag with me to Tampa and had no issues getting it in. Sure, security made me open it and they pawed through it , but I didnt have anything prohibited, so I got through with a breeze. It takes LESS time to check a small bag than it does to send everyone carrying something back to their cars. It will take twice, if not three times as long to get everyone through security and into the stadium that way.

They are not allowing anyone to gather or started any type of "list" here. They have already threatened to arrest people!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!.we have been trying...I am starting to wonder if this is a Michigan law and not just a Michigan State University Law....Same thing in 2005 at the Palace, No one was allowed to line up until 2 pm although a different system back then but still....

Great - they are going to love me when I show up with chairs, an amp, and guitars . .

anyone know what the sunday morning noise ordinance is in East Lansing?

:) I'll be there at 7 am, and guess what so will my 11 year old son . . Yippeee - it's his first concert . . . fun times.

oh yeah, i'm leaving now for detroit - hope to meet everyone there tomorrow!

It's here!!!

(I'll be the guy in the hat with the red guitar ;) )

Great - they are going to love me when I show up with chairs, an amp, and guitars . .

anyone know what the sunday morning noise ordinance is in East Lansing?

:) I'll be there at 7 am, and guess what so will my 11 year old son . . Yippeee - it's his first concert . . . fun times.

:applaud: They're going to hate me. I'm bringing a bag full of snacks and drinks since the boy will be camping out with us awaiting band arrival. Go ahead, MSU. Tell me I can't feed my FIVE YEAR OLD on your campus. I dare you.

liban0214 said:
Til what time r u going to be at gate D...and what happens when security disperse people?

this is what happens: people with numbers on their hands come back tomorrow at 7am and try to cut the line against people who show up at 7am day of show. Usually, an argument will ensue until security arrives and tells the line that people showing up at 7am have the right to claim their spot in line as opposed to someone who arrived 24 hours earlier.

Okay everyone ...I just spoke to the security coordinator of the event....He was actually super nice and this is the latest: 1) there were about 6 people at gate D that started giving out numbers. 2) Everytime MSU police spots them, they are being dispersed. 3) THE NUMBERING SYSTEM WILL NOT TAKE EFFECT TOMORROW. 4) They will deny entrance to anyone who will cause problems/fights/resistance tomorrow .

Bottom line: I am not willing to take a risk and have my tickets taken away. I will adhere to MSU's Policies...It is their house, I don't know what their reason is behind all of this, but as respectful U2 fans, we have to respect their rules!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom