June 26, 2011 - Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they think the Claw is a real spaceship, because that sounds like airline regulations.

Ridiculous.

:lol: Agreed. It's just a concert, and purses were fine at other venues. What about any merch that we buy? I wonder if they'll allow that in a bag.

Seriously guys, you don't know how incredibly excited I am for this show. I LOVE U2, all thanks to my Dad who got me into them a few years ago when I was just in highschool. The Edge is my hero, my true inspiration to play guitar, I've studied his sound and style so much. I got these tickets for my highschool graduation (I live in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada) and have been waiting for a year now to see this concert. This will be a life changing experience. Can't wait to see the boys on the stage!:D

No alcohol sales!!! I'll say it again...I'm just so happy that there won't be the drunken assholes to deal with. That's the way it was in Raleigh.

On another note, I don't think MSU and Lansing has any idea what they're in for. If anyone doesn't want to get stuck in a three hour traffic jam, don't plan on arriving at 7:00 PM and walking right in.

Yes! One week!
What time are you guys lining up? I'm thinking about 7am. I feel like this isn't going to be as intense as a bigger cities concert so 7 will hopefully be fine for inner circle.

7 am sounds good - this is my first GA line so I'm a little sketchy about details. Like where do I park and bring my stuff with me. I'd like to bring a cooler for food and refreshments and a guitar and small amp to pass the time in line (I've got a cool little cargo guitar and a micro amp). Do I bring a bike and chain it up so I can haul my gear?

I've got a cousin coming but won't be there until 1 or 2 because he's playing in a church band in detroit that morning. Will people hassle him if I save one place in line?

Appreciate thoughts.

oh and guitars aren't on the prohibited list . . . :) maybe I'll just take it into the concernt with me.

There will be places to park around the stadium. I wouldn't advise bringing a bike only because you are bringing things (guitar and amp) that you probably don't want to be stolen. You and the people around you won't want those things in the circle. So I suggest driving if you want to bring those things so you have somewhere to put them.

Around 3, you should put the things away because typically everyone has to be in line by 4 or you lose your spot.

And about your friend, make sure you make friends with the people around you because then they will be more generous in letting someone in. Since it's only one person, it should be no biggie.

That list is crazy, but Michigan is crazy, so there we are.

This tour is all about homecomings for me. Seeing the show with my family in Michigan will be amazing. And there's Nashville soon after that.

Really, though, I just hope the band isn't too worn out from Glastonbury. That show seems terribly close to this one!

Is it really on Sunday? Oh me oh my.

There will be places to park around the stadium. I wouldn't advise bringing a bike only because you are bringing things (guitar and amp) that you probably don't want to be stolen. You and the people around you won't want those things in the circle. So I suggest driving if you want to bring those things so you have somewhere to put them.

Around 3, you should put the things away because typically everyone has to be in line by 4 or you lose your spot.

And about your friend, make sure you make friends with the people around you because then they will be more generous in letting someone in. Since it's only one person, it should be no biggie.

Thanks for the reply - I was thinking of bringing the bike in the car - and then using it to bike into campus . . I called MSU today and asked about early parking and they referred me to the official news release which states that public parking won't begin until 3pm. If we can line up for GA at 7am but can't park until 3pm - where to park? Assuming that holds - I could park somewhere off campus - ride the bike in with my stuff - then ride the bike back before show and jog back to line. . . .

ck,

MSU is a college campus and the stadium is in the center surrounded by classroom buildings. There are places to lock bikes up everywhere. You'll probably even be able to watch your locked-up bike as you chill with me in the GA line. I dunno what you'll do with the other stuff you bring, but biking beats driving on campus and your bike will be fine.

ck,

MSU is a college campus and the stadium is in the center surrounded by classroom buildings. There are places to lock bikes up everywhere. You'll probably even be able to watch your locked-up bike as you chill with me in the GA line. I dunno what you'll do with the other stuff you bring, but biking beats driving on campus and your bike will be fine.

Cool - that's what I figured about the bike. If I can park close enough, maybe I'll just walk the stuff in. Not much and the gear fits into a couple of bags. I suppose I'll just run the other stuff back to the car around 3 or so and get into my "pit" configuration mode :

Should be a great time, really starting to look forward to it and working on a few songs to play in line. I'll need some help singing them - think I can find a few people to help? :)

Cool - that's what I figured about the bike. If I can park close enough, maybe I'll just walk the stuff in. Not much and the gear fits into a couple of bags. I suppose I'll just run the other stuff back to the car around 3 or so and get into my "pit" configuration mode :

Should be a great time, really starting to look forward to it and working on a few songs to play in line. I'll need some help singing them - think I can find a few people to help? :)

I'll sing ISHFWILF in my Joshua Tree hat, for sure... :up::up::up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom