June 26, 2011 - Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check ticketmaster, there were ga's available last week.

I checked TM last week with no luck, nothing this week either so I broke down and got some off StubHub. :angry:

On a happier note: I really hope the Beautiful Day intro will be the poetry reading because I found a great Michigan poem today:

God knitted a mitten of sand, rock and lime
made a fountain to last through all time.

He planted its forests with hemlock and pine
then blessed it with rain and golden sunshine.

He feathered its forests and flowered white fields
then gave it a history of automobiles.

In all the wide world there's no other land
that God Himself patterned from
His Own Left Hand.

-Author Unknown

Check ticketmaster, there were ga's available last week.

I was checking so obsessively last week and didn't find any but I a kind soul had a ticket that he is selling to me at face value for my friend! Her dream will come true of seeing U2 up close! Thank you all for the suggestions and lets make this show the best! I wish we could have fans hold up colored cards or rags like in other countries to make the Irish flag or something like that...:hmm:

Great, glad to hear you found a ticket for your friend! I'm still waiting for the Beautiful Day poetry intro in Lansing, fingers crossed that a deserving fan gets to help Bono start that amazing song.:D

Well I see that Mark Kelly has been doing the intro now to Beautiful Day! I think the band started doing this in Seattle so the poetry reading may be no longer but soon we will be finding out! YAY!:applaud:

It's coming! And it'll be great. My dreams of the band playing the MSU fight song probably won't happen though...

and my brother and I are still looking for our GAs but I have faith. GO GREEN and see you there!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get into the area directly in front of the stage? Is it going to be a lottery sytem (Vertigo Tour), a first in line system (Elevation Tour), or is this area already sold out as Red Zone tickets? I have GA tickets for Spartan Stadium and was wondering if anyone knew the definitive answer to this burning question. :confused:

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get into the area directly in front of the stage? Is it going to be a lottery sytem (Vertigo Tour), a first in line system (Elevation Tour), or is this area already sold out as Red Zone tickets? I have GA tickets for Spartan Stadium and was wondering if anyone knew the definitive answer to this burning question. :confused:

1st come 1st serve.
If you want to be in front, get there REALLY early.

So then, it's not a lottery system or presold as the Red Zone? Sorry to be so dense, but you're saying that it will be handled like the Elevation Tour heart? Thanks.

Nope no lottery, and for this show no Red Zone either.

That is so strange! Wonder why no Red Zone...I wonder if there have been other Red Zone free shows...No shout out from Bono at the end of the show but in all seriousness this is such a good cause and it saddens me that there is no Red Zone.

That is so strange! Wonder why no Red Zone...I wonder if there have been other Red Zone free shows...No shout out from Bono at the end of the show but in all seriousness this is such a good cause and it saddens me that there is no Red Zone.

I guess I never thought of it this way... let my own desires override my sense of compassion and philanthropy. Good point.

I want to say the Norman OK show didn't have Red Zone.

I don't think there is enough room for RZ in Spartan Stadium.

I'm so glad there will be no alcohol sales at this show! It was the same way when I saw them in Raleigh in '09 and it was wonderful not having to deal with a bunch of drunk assholes.

I'm so glad there will be no alcohol sales at this show! It was the same way when I saw them in Raleigh in '09 and it was wonderful not having to deal with a bunch of drunk assholes.

That's actually nice, who wants to pay $9 for a Miller Lite anyways? I wonder if this will cause more tailgating prior to the concert + less attendees wanting to get in earlier? Most people going probably don't know about this rule and may be in for disappointment. Will be interesting to see.

Two weeeeeks!:hyper:

Last edited:
MSU is a college town. There's always that tiny chance of getting in trouble, but my plan is to park in my (former) apartment parking lot and walk the half-mile to campus. MSU has apartments etc. all around and because it's the summer and generally empty, the lots are generally open and the authorities generally don't care one bit. Parking on campus/Grand River is going to be a nightmare because as great as our school is, it isn't made for U2 shows, but parking anywhere inconspicuous and making the small (beautiful) hike is a great and presumably inexpensive plan.

U2 IS PLAYING EAST LANSING SO SOONNNNN:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

right after Glastonbury...I wonder what that means for us...

thanks Miro! Hopefully my out of state plates won't draw too much attention if we try this! :shifty:

thanks Miro! Hopefully my out of state plates won't draw too much attention if we try this! :shifty:

Just make sure you don't park in an apartment complex that tows! My old place was in a college town and towed on weekends, summers, holidays, whenever. I'm going to find a Wal-Mart or large grocery store open 24-7 for parking, then ride my bike to campus.

Just make sure you don't park in an apartment complex that tows! My old place was in a college town and towed on weekends, summers, holidays, whenever.

Seconded. My sister's apartment was close to MSU and we couldn't park there last year because she wasn't able to get us a visitor parking permit before we arrived (long story). She said they would definitely tow, and there was no special event going on.

She suggested we take the bus from the apartments we're staying at. Or park in one of the downtown lots and take the bus from there.

Can someone local make a few phonecalls? Where are they finding this info about GA at 3pm? Do they understand what kind of a public safety issue that will be?

NO JOKE.

If they try to converge that many people on the stadium at one time in GA there is going to be a stampede.

What the FUCK are they doing?!

Whoever wrote that is WRONG (about the GA line, but right about all the other stupid shit).

Look at this:

Official MSU Policy:

policies

They will not be permitted to line up outside the stadium entrance prior to 7 a.m. the day of the concert.

Oh MSU...why so you want to look bad? It's good that they changed the GA time (I will be there no later than 7am!) and after my mcat I'll call the school and grumble about the other rules using my probably worthless (impoverished and recent) alumni status.

when I visit msu I park in lots that threaten towing. It's always a gamble but I've always been okay and in the summer, as long as residents aren't complaining, I don't see why apartments would bother. Driving on campus will be such a nightmare so avoid it if you can...

Despite MSU's attempts otherwise I remain convinced this will be the best U2 show ever.

Oh MSU...why so you want to look bad? It's good that they changed the GA time (I will be there no later than 7am!) and after my mcat I'll call the school and grumble about the other rules using my probably worthless (impoverished and recent) alumni status.

when I visit msu I park in lots that threaten towing. It's always a gamble but I've always been okay and in the summer, as long as residents aren't complaining, I don't see why apartments would bother. Driving on campus will be such a nightmare so avoid it if you can...

Despite MSU's attempts otherwise I remain convinced this will be the best U2 show ever.

Miro, can I please ask you something?

How feasible is it to do this walk from the hotel?

TownePlace Suites East Lansing to Spartan Stadium - Google Maps

Is there highways or is this a walkable route? We will probably look to park closer to get in line early and then possibly go back around noon for showers/come back to park again. What do you think?

Just a little piece of info... My girlfriend called the stadium folks and found out that even though you can't carry a purse, you will be allowed to possess a one gallon-sized zip lock baggie containing any items that are not on the prohibited list, e.g. feminine hygiene products, medication, etc. Hope this helps.

Just a little piece of info... My girlfriend called the stadium folks and found out that even though you can't carry a purse, you will be allowed to possess a one gallon-sized zip lock baggie containing any items that are not on the prohibited list, e.g. feminine hygiene products, medication, etc. Hope this helps.

Can we opt for the enhanced pat-down too? I really don't want to go through the full body scanner... I hear that the TSA agents look at your private bits and that the radiation is....

Oh crap. Wrong venue.

(Seriously though, thanks for the info. I can't imagine how they think these things happen, but maybe they need to discuss this stuff with other venues who have hosted U2, their policies are ridiculous.)

I'm not taking a purse, baggie, nothing. Camera only - that's it, and maybe a granola bar.

I think they think the Claw is a real spaceship, because that sounds like airline regulations.

Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom