June 26, 2011 - Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! That's very helpful. I gotta start looking into booking a flight to this show. It is coming up faster than I thought!

This was my highschool graduation gift! (graduated in 2010) and I've had to wait a year now to see them! I cannot wait to go!

Just drove around Lansing the other day and saw the MSU campus. Soooooooooooooooooon.:hyper:

Anyone planning on bringing a bike? I'll have one on the back of my car and can't wait to ride around campus throughout the day.

I'm going to drive up to Lansing in a few weeks, I need to figure out how far my hotel really is from the stadium. And get an idea about parking if need be, since they won't let you park by the stadium till 3 pm.

It was posted on MSU's website last year before everything got postponed. I doubt it's changed. They don't know what they are dealing with.
A co-worker said there are side lots all over by the stadium, but I don't know if they are in the no parking till 3 area.

Last edited:
:huh: It says about halfway down that page that you have to show your inner circle ticket to park at Ramp 5. Are they talking about Red Zone? Because that is the only way I can think of that you could automatically be in the inner circle, and I'm not even sure about that much.

I have no idea what they mean by "inner circle ticket".

There is absolutely no such thing as we know.

Overall, this is looking pretty brutal.

No parking until 3pm, and no purses or bags of ANY SIZE. GET REAL.

And no oversized hats. I hope they don't consider my Joshua Tree Stetson (on my 5'2" self) to be an 'oversized hat'. They may as well ban everyone over 5'4" if they do, because that's about how tall it makes me.

The no purses thing is ridiculous. I can see where they are coming from but why not just a bag check? The last 360 concert I went to was their second show in Chicago and people were handing out Blackberry backpacks... Oh well.

I am wondering about parking though. I imagine getting there at around 7 in the morning (I have a feeling this won't be a giant show like Chicago). There has to be some place to park. The people that are in charge can't be clueless about General Admission.

It's sooo close. I haven't been to a show in 2 years and that is 2 years too much... :hyper:

It probably is.
Must be because we're Michigan and no one loves us :(

Colorado expatriate loves you :hug:

Just got a Michigan decal to stick on our car so people don't look at us funny here when it snows. The other sticker is from our Kentucky university and everyone knows Kentuckians can't drive in snow, so they race past us. I'm not from Kentucky, darnit! :angry:

It is an extremely quiet thread.

Last edited:
We may have the quietest thread but we will have a Great show. Right after Glastonberry we may get some surprises:yippie:

Detroit Vertigo tour back to back were some of my favourite shows back then. I'm ready to rock.

17 days to go!

Does anyone have any parking advice? We're staying in a hotel about 15 miles from campus so we'll definitely need to drive and park...We're hoping to get about a mile away and find street parking maybe? thanks!

I'm going to be driving in myself. I need to park somewhere as well.....somewhere where I can walk back to my ride.

This thread is kinda quiet, but I'll be stationed along the rail (between Edge and Bono) jumping and singing the whole time! It's almost here!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Can't wait to see Florence and the Machine, too. They are great.

MSU is a college town. There's always that tiny chance of getting in trouble, but my plan is to park in my (former) apartment parking lot and walk the half-mile to campus. MSU has apartments etc. all around and because it's the summer and generally empty, the lots are generally open and the authorities generally don't care one bit. Parking on campus/Grand River is going to be a nightmare because as great as our school is, it isn't made for U2 shows, but parking anywhere inconspicuous and making the small (beautiful) hike is a great and presumably inexpensive plan.

U2 IS PLAYING EAST LANSING SO SOONNNNN:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

right after Glastonbury...I wonder what that means for us...

Can't wait to see all of you in E. Lansing! I have a ticket but I am desperately looking for 1 more GA for my friend who has never EVER seen U2 and they are her favorite band since the mid 1980's! This would be a dream come true for her and for me so she can see them! If anyone knows of an extra GA ticket PLEASE email me or PM me!! Thank you so much friends!!
kristinevoltolini@yahoo.com:wave:

Can't wait to see all of you in E. Lansing! I have a ticket but I am desperately looking for 1 more GA for my friend who has never EVER seen U2 and they are her favorite band since the mid 1980's! This would be a dream come true for her and for me so she can see them! If anyone knows of an extra GA ticket PLEASE email me or PM me!! Thank you so much friends!!

Good luck with finding another GA ticket! They're down to $85 (and dropping) on StubHub if you really need to make an eleventh-hour purchase.

Last edited:

Check ticketmaster, there were ga's available last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom