June 25, 2010 - Glastonbury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The festival will take place between Friday 26 and

Sunday 28 June 2010.

I love how multiple media reports seem to think U2 are playing on "Friday 26 June". Friday is the 25th. I think we need to send calendars to some journalists.

I love how multiple media reports seem to think U2 are playing on "Friday 26 June". Friday is the 25th. I think we need to send calendars to some journalists.

yeah the Guardian online is particularly shabby for inaccuracies and spelling mistakes haha

I give the band a lot of credit. I guess they'll do a runner from Edmonton to the UK on the 23rd. Get their bearings on the 24th, play the gig on the 25th and then head back to the US on the 26th to play Minneapolis on the 27th.

Wow, that's impressive. :ohmy:

I give the band a lot of credit. I guess they'll do a runner from Edmonton to the UK on the 23rd. Get their bearings on the 24th, play the gig on the 25th and then head back to the US on the 26th to play Minneapolis on the 27th.

Wow, that's impressive. :ohmy:

yes that's really impressive for a band with that age ;-)
The positive thing is that they will not get time to develop a jetlag...

dunno why but i think this is awful news. they aint a festival band, this aint their crowd...
this is a desperate attempt to keep relevant and down with the "kids" at the expense of UK fans. If the reaction to this new album had have been different there's no way this would have happened.

just give us some UK dates...

"It will be the only date the band play in the UK and Ireland next year."

Final confirmation also of no more 360 touring activities in the British Isles next year. Am glad now that I didn't renew my U2.com subscription in the hope that they'd return!

Final confirmation also of no more 360 touring activities in the British Isles next year.

yeah... i still really can't get my head around that to be honest...

don't think this is anything to do with getting hip with the young uns to increase album sales. Prob more to do with Bono's desire to play that festival and after all the enjoyment he has given us through the years who can begrudge a bit of self indulgence.

The thing that is annoying is holding onto presales in the hope that some dates will be announced and now they look like being wasted unless I can win the lottery and go to Oz!

Now it is announced, just got to deal with it and try and get glasto tix in the new year.

If not, at least it'll be on telly!

Does anyone else think this will end in disaster ? Its going to go either way imo.

Final confirmation also of no more 360 touring activities in the British Isles next year. Am glad now that I didn't renew my U2.com subscription in the hope that they'd return!

Why do you think this is confirmation they won't play any further UK dates? Just cus they announce they will play Glastonbury does not mean they won't play UK stadiums as well?

Maybe they will wait till Glastonbury has been offically announced and then announce a coupe of stadiums shows as well.

Also the 'CLAW' could be a possibility! i have read that the 3 'Claw' will be given to outdoor music venues around the world so maybe they will play the 'Claw' at Glastonbury and then give it to them after 360 has finished so they can use it every year from then on would be cool to be named the 'U2 stage'

Why do you think this is confirmation they won't play any further UK dates? Just cus they announce they will play Glastonbury does not mean they won't play UK stadiums as well?

Maybe they will wait till Glastonbury has been offically announced and then announce a coupe of stadiums shows as well.

Also the 'CLAW' could be a possibility! i have read that the 3 'Claw' will be given to outdoor music venues around the world so maybe they will play the 'Claw' at Glastonbury and then give it to them after 360 has finished so they can use it every year from then on would be cool to be named the 'U2 stage'

That they have specifically stated on U2.com as part of the Glasto announcement that it will be the only UK / Ireland date in 2010 seems pretty final.

I'm not sure about that move.This won't be a U2 crowd.There could be some loud booing from u2 haters in the audience.

I'm not sure about that move.This won't be a U2 crowd.There could be some loud booing from u2 haters in the audience.

Your Joking right?

Watch U2 Play on TV at Glasto and the audience will be much more into it that at any U2 stadium show for sure

Most people go to Glastonbury go for a good time and appreciate good music even if they dont particularly like the band. Personally I think if they (U2) get it right they will go down a storm. If people hate U2 that much im sure they will go and watch 'Wanky and the Hot Rods' on another stage or go and meditate in the field:wink:

^ I agree with anyuk. The crowd will go more nuts than in stadium shows. That's really funny about festivals. The general festival public is young and open to lots of different influences. You will be surprised by their reaction. I remember last year seeing Bruce Springsteen at the Pinkpop Festival in the Netherlands. Beforehand thwy were saying similar things as they say now about U2 at glasto. When I saw him performing there the whole public (60,000 people) was jumping up and down and going nuts!

Does anyone else think this will end in disaster ? Its going to go either way imo.

Have some faith!! The high pressure performances before - Live Aid, Superbowl, etc - they always rise to the occassion. In fact, how can you possibly think they won't?? :wink:

There were some such theories surrounding JayZ headlining last year. Crowds went nuts for him!

One thing...I hope u2 headline the Saturday night...and therfore close the festival. I prefer a gig on a saturday!

BUT....am majorly fucked off that UK has been shunned, when Germany, fRANCE, Spain etc are all being revisited. Even Canada gets 7 shows on the 360 tour. For the first time ever..in near 30 yrs of adoring the band....i feel REALLY let down by U2:down::down::angry:

Half you guys are getting into a hoo-hah about something that won't be a problem. U2 may have a pretty divisive audience, but I tell you, I've cheered in festivals at bands that I wouldn't give a toss about otherwise, simply because I've recognised the songs. I doubt we'll expect too much along the lines of some loud booing from u2 haters in the audience. Don't get fucking paranoid.

Some of you wouldn't cope a day down my part of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom