June 24, 2011 - Glastonbury - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:55 AM
June 24, 2011 - Glastonbury

Who is going to try & get tickets for Glastonbury tomorrow?

Old 10-02-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
Refugee

Went last year, was completely gutted when they had to pull out. Will be trying tomorrow with friends. Naturally everyone else is concerned that U2 fans are gonna swamp the festival. Although the registration has now closed.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:55 PM
The fact that registration is closed won't exactly curb the supposed swarm of U2 fans, the hints that have been dropped since the 2010 festival ended are enough for any die hard fan wanting to go just for U2 to register months ago. That AND your registration lasts a good few years so there'll already sorted to get a ticket tomorrow. If this isn't what you meant, then I apologise. Besides, any headliner divides fans of the festival anyway.

MOVING ON - I'd be up bright and early to book tomorrow guys as U2.com "dropped the biggest hint yet" by mentioning tickets in a news story the day before. Though I guess it's just taken as read around here that they're appearing next year? So look alive! last year they took 12 hours to sell out, which is pretty long for Glastonbury...tomorrow's going to be a fucking riot.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
Refugee

Nah I don't think it'll be that bad. Most 'hardcore' U2 fans are members on this forum (and others) surely?, and there hasn't been that much buzz about it round these parts.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyJB View Post
Went last year, was completely gutted when they had to pull out. Will be trying tomorrow with friends. Naturally everyone else is concerned that U2 fans are gonna swamp the festival. Although the registration has now closed.
Why would that be a concern?

Ahh, I wish I could go. I've always dreamed of seeing them at a festival.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:54 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

got mine just now! VERY excited, but I hope you guys were lucky! I'm going to need some interference people to meet at Glastonbury so I have someone to sing at the top of my lungs with. My friends all fucking HATE U2 and, when it's Glastonbury, it doesn't really fall under something my girlfriend will come to see just because it's something that means so much to me! It's Glastonbury, she'll have something ELSE to see which i understand!
Old 10-03-2010, 05:11 AM   #7
Babyface

Local Time: 08:55 AM
Had tickets for last year and when U2 pulled on I was distraught and getting Gorillaz as a replacement was just poor. Went to Brussels to try and make up for it (which was great) but had to get tickets for Glastonbury as I don't think any 360 date can match the occasion of this. I've got my tickets for this years and all being well by tonight U2 will be confirmed headliners hopefully along with bands more impressive than 2010's effort on the bill too!!
Old 10-03-2010, 05:18 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

totally agree! Nothing will match this gig. I considered seeing them in Paris after they pulled out of Glastonbury as they were playing new songs etc but it wouldn't be the same. Besides I saw them in Cardiff last year, anything else is just an amazing bonus! Especially Glastonbury!!

I remember reading the announcement on the festival's facebook page that they had to cancel and my stomach just lurched...such a sad feeling, and Gorillaz really let themselves down I thought.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:28 AM   #9
Babyface

Local Time: 08:55 AM
I left 3 songs into Gorillaz to watch the Bootleg Beatles....a sad state affairs watching a tribute band instead of a Glastonbury headline slot. Last year's line up seriously lacked a U2/Springsteen style huge headliner. Stevie Wonder was cool, but his set lacked the spark that McCartney had say in 2004. The hint on U2.com would suggest we are on to a sure thing. Apparently Michael Eavis will announce the headliners when the tickets have sold which i'd imagine to be real soon judging from the demand this morning!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #10
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretly alone View Post
Why would that be a concern?

Ahh, I wish I could go. I've always dreamed of seeing them at a festival.
Because if any one band's set of fans swarm the festival it would be crap, whichever band it was.

Got tickets this morning after 2.5 hours of hitting refresh! So buzzing now, just need U2 to confirm and all will be dandy.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
The Fly

Local Time: 02:55 AM
Got my ticket! Hope to see some of you there.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Got my tickets too
Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #13
The Fly

Local Time: 02:55 AM
Got myself a ticket, had a great time at this year's festival and although the main attraction was U2, the festival was amazing. Though hearing "with or without you" played over the PA before Gorillaz came onstage did leave me feeling a little bitter, so hopefully 2011 we get the real deal!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyJB View Post
Because if any one band's set of fans swarm the festival it would be crap, whichever band it was.
hahaha - the thing is (not to offend any U2 fans) there are very few bands, including U2, whose fans swarming a festival in such a way would be pretty shit. I mean Coldplay fans clogging up the pyramid stage is one thing. Their militant fan base are all dweebs, but U2 fans is another level, especially if you're just a regular old guy at a festival who happens to hate them so yeah, if they headline i pity a few snobs at next years Glastonbury haha

as for Glastonbury, the current rumour being thrown around is U2, Coldplay, Prince. I saw Coldplay at Glastonbury 2005 and at Wembley last year and both times they were mindblowing, they're an incredible live band. Prince I barely know any of his music so I'd have to get a few albums and check him out if it's true..

however, with PULP announcing a reunion the odds have been slashed for them playing, which would just blow my fucking mind. Blur was incredible enough but Pulp would mean I'd die a happy man. All I'd need is Radiohead (replacing Coldplay when Chris Martin gets dysentery and they have to pull out) along with U2 and Pulp (if EITHER or them play...) and that'd be my dream glastonbury
Old 01-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Radiohead are now rumoured.

It would be perhaps the first time u2 and R'Head have gone toe-to-toe close together with both bands world famous and with production(Tibetfest in 1997 had both on bare stages before Ok Computer really took off).

Comparisons will be inevitable.